Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Full wrap or just front end? Mind to tell me the cost? Looking forward to get this done as soon as the Taycan arrives.

OP
OP
bilM

bilM

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Audi TT Triumph R3 Hymer MLI580
Country flag
Full wrap or just front end? Mind to tell me the cost? Looking forward to get this done as soon as the Taycan arrives.
Front end round about £ 1500 - 1800

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
Looking good OP.

I am being advised to do front end and ceramic right off the bat on my GTS and being quoted: Full front, $2990.00, and Ceramic $1795. This is US obv.

Love if people would weigh in on price and whether front end is all that's needed, and explain ceramic to me. I know what it is, but in terms of usefulness.

Thanks!

Lanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RS e-tron GT
Country flag
Looking good OP.

I am being advised to do front end and ceramic right off the bat on my GTS and being quoted: Full front, $2990.00, and Ceramic $1795. This is US obv.

Love if people would weigh in on price and whether front end is all that's needed, and explain ceramic to me. I know what it is, but in terms of usefulness.

Thanks!
The ceramic coating should give you a little extra shine, cause the water to bead and make the car easier to clean during normal cleanings / washes. My experience has been that the car also doesn't get as dirty as fast.

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Looking good OP.

Thanks!
Recently had the front done on my GTS. Everything in front of the A pillars plus the mirrors. Cost was just under $2,200 for a very good job. All edges that could be wrapped were. This protects the surfaces that take stone hits. Only do a full body PPF if you are OCD about the paint. And then you will wind up redoing the PPF in 4 or 5 years since it isn't invulnerable. Did ceramic myself on the entire car once the PPF had cured. 8 to 10 hours to wash, clay bar, polish and an hour to do the ceramic. Prep is the critical part and takes way more time than applying the ceramic so that's what you are paying for if you have someone else do it. Quoted $1,000 if I had the PPF guy do the ceramic. The ceramic might give you more shine/gloss but I'm not convinced of that. It does give you a very thin layer of extremely hard material. Sheds water and resists all the spider web "scratches" that accumulate over time. Absolutely worth doing both if you want to take reasonable steps to keep your car looking good. The prices you were quoted seem slightly excessive (like "he has a Porsche, he can afford to be overcharged" excessive).

Last edited:

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Why not just add it to the build (i realise the horse has already bolted for most). That's what i did and seems a decent job and similar sort of price. No getting the new car and having to send it straight off to the pdf man, having sensors recalibrated at the dealer after etc etc.

OP
OP
bilM

bilM

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Audi TT Triumph R3 Hymer MLI580
Country flag
My PPF man is 5min from me has done my last 3 cars comes round picks up the car and when finished brings it back he is very good at his job and gets a lot of Hi end cars to do.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I'm having a full PPF including Windscreen and Pano roof. I've had front ends done in the past and regretted it. Currently waiting for my car to be finished. Things are slow in France.

eddieterry

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911Turbo, Taycan CT Turbo 2023.
Country flag
Gtech Ceramic at minimum at collection of new car, like a thin glass layer, so worth it.

Depending on colour of car etc, thinking to skip PPF as can just get annual or after 2 yearly body care polish touch up etc if needed - does anyone suggest otherwise?
Would always recommend full PPF done by a good independent detailer on expensive cars as stone chips are a nightmare, particularly on cars as low as the Taycan.

TLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS; 2021 Honda Accord; 2015 911(sold)
Country flag
I’ve decided to do full PPF, ceramic coating on interior and wheels (Mission Es) & brake calipers.

ShayO

First Name
Shay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Front end round about £ 1500 - 1800
Where did you get this done? Getting mine soon so I think I’ll do it asap. I’m in London if that helps

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I'm having a full PPF including Windscreen and Pano roof. I've had front ends done in the past and regretted it. Currently waiting for my car to be finished. Things are slow in France.
Very important to have on cars in France, if you care for your car. Most public parking are sized for Peugeot 107’s. And parking at any supermarket parking will guarantee that the car parked beside you will open their doors without any care and hit your car.

I have even been yelled at by a young mum parking beside me when I pointed out that it was not nice for her to hit my car with her door. I received a proper roasting! 🙄🙄🙄

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Very important to have on cars in France, if you care for your car. Most public parking are sized for Peugeot 107’s. And parking at any supermarket parking will guarantee that the car parked beside you will open their doors without any care and hit your car.

I have even been yelled at by a young mum parking beside me when I pointed out that it was not nice for her to hit my car with her door. I received a proper roasting! 🙄🙄🙄
Agreed.
Sponsored