cockyapple

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan rwd
Country flag
Have November build slot for CT4, Centre confirmed no price increase , happy days.
And if you dont mind me asking.....when did you place your order/deposit ?

old seadog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Had a reservation fee for the new electric Macan since last year, had a look at the CT in March and changed/paid full deposit for a CT4.

OP
OP

cockyapple

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan rwd
Country flag
Had a reservation fee for the new electric Macan since last year, had a look at the CT in March and changed/paid full deposit for a CT4.
So pretty quick build slot compared to other forum members

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
It's worth keeping in mind that BMW, Mercedes and Audi produce around 8 cars each for every Porsche built. Even without all of the current external issues impacting production, I think that Porsche were overrun with orders exceeding their production targets, and they might not aspire to become a higher-volume manufacturer. The Taycan is probably the most extreme example of that, as it was one of the few premium EVs on sale, resulting in a large proportion of orders coming from customers new to the brand.
i accept that however they continue to take orders that cannot be fulfilled.
We see on here that some people are being quoted 6 months, some 2 years. They should close the order books for a period in my opinion.
External factors aside, the customer service is VERY poor.

OP
OP

cockyapple

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan rwd
Country flag
i accept that however they continue to take orders that cannot be fulfilled.
We see on here that some people are being quoted 6 months, some 2 years. They should close the order books for a period in my opinion.
External factors aside, the customer service is VERY poor.
Perhaps too simple and not practical but how about allocation given on when deposit was placed.....not by luck of the draw.....which dealer your with....irrespective of how many options ticked....etc

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Perhaps too simple and not practical but how about allocation given on when deposit was placed.....not by luck of the draw.....which dealer your with....irrespective of how many options ticked....etc
That would certainly level the playing field but take allocations away from PRG who currently get 25% with remaining 41 dealers sharing 75%

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
I mentioned it in another thread, the whole ordering system is outdated and obviously susceptible to bias. The established manufacturers need to take a good look at how Tesla manages this.

There’s no salesperson dressed up in suits, who needs negotiating with to get a ”good” deal. The price is what it is, your order goes in and you enter the queue. You do not need to be on first name terms to be able to order certain models.

Yes there are parts of the Tesla order system that can be improved, but overall I much prefer it over the old traditional system.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes there are parts of the Tesla order system that can be improved, but overall I much prefer it over the old traditional system.
There are indeed.

I’m in for a service visit this week. Haven’t been for a while, but I’m told they’ve gotten rid of front of house service reception staff recently. So you deal direct with the techs….

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Yes, I've just had this confirmed by my dealer too. If you have a build slot confirmed then your price is fixed. It's only new orders that are affected. Phew!
hi
which Porsche centre? I’m trying to get clarification from Porsche Centre Chester

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Porsche Retail Group are the only dealerships owned by Porsche GB, who are owned by Porsche (AG), so their behaviour is presumably in accord with the model that Porsche wish to operate. I think all the others are independent of Porsche, so in some ways could be regarded as Porsche's customers. I wonder how much interest Porsche take in the behaviour and order books of those independents.

OP
OP

cockyapple

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan rwd
Country flag
Porsche Retail Group are the only dealerships owned by Porsche GB, who are owned by Porsche (AG), so their behaviour is presumably in accord with the model that Porsche wish to operate. I think all the others are independent of Porsche, so in some ways could be regarded as Porsche's customers. I wonder how much interest Porsche take in the behaviour and order books of those independents.
If there isnt any waiting list/allocation manipulation i would be very surprised and not something that just Porsche dealerships do.

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
This would certainly explain why PRG customers appear to have dodged the bullet whereas others using 'independents' appear to be looking at a hit for 1.5k.....maybe.

Various earlier posts had raised a bit of hope that a confirmed build allocation etc would avoid the rise but, that now seems to have been premature. Confusion reigns. :headbang:

Hey ho - when my SA comes back to me I'll know what my dealer's 'take' will be (excuse the possible pun). The sad part is, I'm no longer surprised at the appalling communications by Porsche and have gone from being somewhat irritated by it to actually a bit embarrassed to be connected with it...............
Sponsored