KenR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Thanks to everyone who responded with their personal opinion of the feel of Race-Tex. I have decided that leather is a must for me and my local dealer is asking Porsche if they will supply a Turbo GT with a leather rim rather than Race-Tex. Not holding my breath. I have a new Turbo S config on standby…
Sponsored

Pedroski66

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan sport turismo gts 22
Country flag
So, it becomes apparent that the Taycan Turbo GT comes with a Race-Tex steering wheel rim. Adding ACC or Innodrive removes some steering wheel controls (no paddles or mode switch for PASM), but Race-Tex it remains.

As a long-time leather steering wheel person, I would like to ask Race-Tex rim owners for your opinions on the way it feels in your hands.

Thanks!

PNG image.png
Feels perfect after 30K miles 😌

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
It is also used in racing because it reduces sweating in the hands. I've also had it for 3 years and wouldn't want to be without it. It also looks more elegant than a normal leather glove.
The smooth leather is rather sticky, especially when women touch it with their creamed hands.
A classy car definitely needs a classy steering wheel.

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
Well I kind of went thru this before but I had a Custom Carbon Fiber Honeycomb with Black Perferated Flat Bottom steering Wheel made for my Taycan4s.
Its so much better than the normal small steering wheel that Porsche has on the cars. You can just do regular Carbon Fiber but I went with the Honeycomb to match my other one in my car.
I Love the Flat Bottom part too.
So you just remove everything off of your factory wheel and place it on the the Custom one you had made. It's fairly easy.
This is how mine looks. Now if you don't like it keep your opinion to yourself. It's my Car and I like it.
You cam save yourself a ton of money and a way better wheel. It only took 28 days to my house from the day I ordered it.
I couldn't believe the quality when I opened up the box. You can pick your own 12 o'clock and Stitching to match your Calipers or leather/paint.
I forgot to tell you what I Paid for the wheel with shipping, $550.

Porsche Taycan Race-Tex steering wheel opinions Screenshot_20230922_141119_Gallery

Porsche Taycan Race-Tex steering wheel opinions Screenshot_20230922_141201_Gallery

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
Thanks to everyone who responded with their personal opinion of the feel of Race-Tex. I have decided that leather is a must for me and my local dealer is asking Porsche if they will supply a Turbo GT with a leather rim rather than Race-Tex. Not holding my breath. I have a new Turbo S config on standby…
in case the factory can't do anything about it, I think your local dealership can alter it for you, have you got an allocation for the turbo GT as i read on this forum that every dealer has got 1 slot due to the limited production? and what's the eta of your new Turbo S?

OP
OP
KenR

KenR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
in case the factory can't do anything about it, I think your local dealership can alter it for you, have you got an allocation for the turbo GT as i read on this forum that every dealer has got 1 slot due to the limited production? and what's the eta of your new Turbo S?
I am waiting for my local dealer to get a response from Porsche about whether they will supply a leather steering wheel. If they won’t, and if the local dealer can’t change it for me, I will order the Turbo S in Gentian Blue instead of the Turbo GT in Purple Sky. As I said to the dealer yesterday, when spending this much money I do not expect to have to make such compromises. No allocation for either car yet.

OP
OP
KenR

KenR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Well I kind of went thru this before but I had a Custom Carbon Fiber Honeycomb with Black Perferated Flat Bottom steering Wheel made for my Taycan4s.
Its so much better than the normal small steering wheel that Porsche has on the cars. You can just do regular Carbon Fiber but I went with the Honeycomb to match my other one in my car.
I Love the Flat Bottom part too.
So you just remove everything off of your factory wheel and place it on the the Custom one you had made. It's fairly easy.
This is how mine looks. Now if you don't like it keep your opinion to yourself. It's my Car and I like it.
You cam save yourself a ton of money and a way better wheel. It only took 28 days to my house from the day I ordered it.
I couldn't believe the quality when I opened up the box. You can pick your own 12 o'clock and Stitching to match your Calipers or leather/paint.
I forgot to tell you what I Paid for the wheel with shipping, $550.

Screenshot_20230922_141119_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230922_141201_Gallery.jpg
Interesting option that I had not considered. Any effect on warranty and/or insurance?

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
You can't put something like that on the internet and not expect people to comment.
That's not how the internet works!
Very diplomatically put 😂

I was thinking it's lovely we're all different....

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
No not at all.
I've had my car in the Dealership several times for Updates and the New Heater they just put in.
This wheel is Identical to the Factory wheel.
I literally removed everything off the Factory wheel and placed it back on the aftermarket wheel.
Everything works the same without any issues.
Radio and the Dash control all work as it did before.
I also forgot to take out my Race Card Chip out on one visit and they didn't make a big deal about it. I try and take it out when I remember it just because I don't want to give them an excuse to not cover warranty items.
Everything has been just good so far.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Very off topic, but @PCASSOO you should make a thread with all your mods. I have seen some pictures in various threads (and we chatted a bit in PM's), but would love to see everything and your story

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
I don't know about that. There are some people on here that just love busting my Balls. That's why I don't get on here a lot.
I'll consider it though. Because I have done a lot to the Porsche.
I just don't know how to go about it in the right area.
I don't want to listen to all the nay sayers n Ball busters.
Thanks, I appreciate your Support like I always have.
David
Sponsored