Rickpriceuk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997 C4S
Country flag
I have a MY21 turbo and at full charge it was giving me about 210 miles predicted.
I have just, apparently, had the software update. This has had two effects.
Firstly I have no idea where to find Spotify.
Secondly, my range at 100% is now 194 miles.
Whilst I love the car, less than 200 on a full charge is not particularly useful.
How would I find out if one of the cells is faulty?

any other ideas as to why such a low range?

thanks

Richard
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
The range estimator probably needs you to drive it for a while for it to re-learn the actual range of your car and your driving after a software update.
My range apparently dropped after a software update but drifted back over time.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a MY21 turbo and at full charge it was giving me about 210 miles predicted.
Whilst I love the car, less than 200 on a full charge is not particularly useful.

thanks

Richard
I suggest you review the definitive thread on HV battery health measurement:
If you get one of the recommended OBDII code readers and the Car Scanner app and check your battery state of health, and look for any cells reporting significantly lower voltages than the others, you can get a strong indication of whether your HV battery is within warranty spec and whether it fits the pattern of batteries that fail and require replacement.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Covered myriad times on here...it'll change based upon lots of factors. If you love the car, why worry about it?

With an ICE car, would you have worried if the 30mpg on your trip meter went to 28mpg the next time you looked?

With what appears to be a leaden right foot I'm getting 180-190 in cold weather I reckon. Estimator reckons 209. Either way it will need charging on the typical longer runs I do, and the difference I'm estimating here isn't the difference to needing an extra charge. It's 5mins extra at the charge station.

Most of the time I do 30-40 miles a day so barely look at the SOC info.

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E63
Country flag
Covered myriad times on here...it'll change based upon lots of factors. If you love the car, why worry about it?

With an ICE car, would you have worried if the 30mpg on your trip meter went to 28mpg the next time you looked?

With what appears to be a leaden right foot I'm getting 180-190 in cold weather I reckon. Estimator reckons 209. Either way it will need charging on the typical longer runs I do, and the difference I'm estimating here isn't the difference to needing an extra charge. It's 5mins extra at the charge station.

Most of the time I do 30-40 miles a day so barely look at the SOC info.
… in warmer climates owners seem to be getting 200 plus for range?
Thx

Studogg22

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Richard, I also have a MY21 Turbo that I've owned nearly a year. Implied 100% range for me has been 275-285mi consistently. Note that I live in a warmer climate and don't drive it that often. Right now it shows 225 mi range at 87% in the cold temps.

Last edited:

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I also had ~209 miles estimated range since new, varying little between summer/winter climate and tires, and it turned out I had two bad cells that led to complete HV battery failure. The replacement battery is guesstimating much greater range (too soon to tell accurately though). So a reason to worry about low range is that the battery may be defective, and a way to address that worry is to read the SoH and view the cell voltage map.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
… in warmer climates owners seem to be getting 200 plus for range?
Thx
Did you mean 200? Or 300?

If the former then I'm sure mine will stack up if I half try. If the latter no way (unless I push it at least 70 miles 😁).

I also had ~209 miles estimated range since new, varying little between summer/winter climate and tires, and it turned out I had two bad cells that led to complete HV battery failure. The replacement battery is guesstimating much greater range (too soon to tell accurately though). So a reason to worry about low range is that the battery may be defective, and a way to address that worry is to read the SoH and view the cell voltage map.
It's due a service in Feb/Mar so will ask them to check it. But in colder weather (5degC) and going quicker than Range mode would want (😉) in a GTS ST with 21s, I wasn't thinking mine was that low.

neo402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD, BMW 435i convertible
Country flag
Depends on your recent usage patterns, but I did get this few days back on perf battery plus my23 -

Porsche Taycan Range at full charge IMG_1053

Fonndu

First Name
Fonndu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020. Turbo S
Country flag
My 20 turbo s with 17k is exactly what studogg said

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
My latest charge predicted 272 km at 100%, which is 169 miles. This doesn't concern me because it's based on cruising up the A1 on Christmas Day evening at an indicated 135km/h (84 mph).

However, I can confirm that a GTS ST with 21" RS Spyder rims uses significantly more energy than a base Taycan (PB+) with 21" RS Spyder rims. I had hoped the difference wouldn't have been so pronounced.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag

thanks

Richard
My original 4S range went from 240 to 186 after a so called upgrade. Replacement ( after many issue’s) started at 252 in April 23 and is now 205. Cold weather and shorter trips seems to screw the range. Sadly the Tory Government promises of A decent EV Infrastructure paid for by oil and gas profits have come to nothing. We need a General Election and hope that EV is encouraged more!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

thanks

Richard
Spotify - link your Porsche ID to Spotify first in My Porsche. Note that you need to subscribe to Spotify premium before it appears / is useable on the PCM alongside
Apple Carplay.

Your battery is fine - garage can test but it will be negative most likely. Range estimate takes a while to recalibrate post a software update.

Which update are you referring to?

24Neptune

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Porsche Taycan RWD, 2024 Audi SQ5 Prestige
Country flag
Spotify - link your Porsche ID to Spotify first in My Porsche. Note that you need to subscribe to Spotify premium before it appears / is useable on the PCM alongside
Apple Carplay.

Your battery is fine - garage can test but it will be negative most likely. Range estimate takes a while to recalibrate post a software update.

Which update are you referring to?
Speaking of updates, is there somewhere in the PCM where the T will show last update date and version and / or anywhere on Porsche.com to see released update details?

I ask bc both were true for my prior MY23 BMW.
Sponsored