Range change

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Noticed today that in range mode it changed from 70mph limit to 85mph limit, The software on my taycan has never been updated by a dealer, has anyone else noticed this and is it an over the air update?
Sponsored

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Noticed today that in range mode it changed from 70mph limit to 85mph limit, The software on my taycan has never been updated by a dealer, has anyone else noticed this and is it an over the air update?
Was your car using navigation?

The top speed will change if you are using navigation, I guess it figures you can push the car harder and still make it to your destination. Similarly it will lower the max speed if you're cutting it close.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
As far as I remember, the Range Mode speed limit can be set by the user (I forgot which menu) with 70 mph being the factory default and 85 mph being the user-configurable maximum. Once you set it at 85, it stays there, unlike some other Taycan settings which revert to the default every time you shut down the car.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
As far as I remember, the Range Mode speed limit can be set by the user (I forgot which menu) with 70 mph being the factory default and 85 mph being the user-configurable maximum. Once you set it at 85, it stays there, unlike some other Taycan settings which revert to the default every time you shut down the car.
It has 2 features - User defined and takes priority when NAV not in use, NAV controlled (different limit) when NAV in use. Details in the Porsche Good To Know App.

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Thanks for the info, I just had never made any changes and it always said 70 and just changed.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
there is a way to set the max speed in the PCM. scroll around it sometimes resets itself. I keep mine at the 85 MPH max.
Sponsored