Range Mode Speed Limiting Issue

DLP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Turbo
Country flag
same issue here; set to 70; then noticed it had jumped to 90 then back to 55. Now the option has disappeared. Newly delivered car this week, software updated. What do we do to make Porsche NA aware of the problem. It isn't a killer one, more an annoyance.
Had the disappearing Sirius but the button assignment fixed that. Tried plug and charge, no go but was able to use Porsche account to authorize the charge,
Other than that, what's to say other than a mighty fine piece of machinery.
Log in as GUEST.... Lock the car ...... Unlock and log in using your account. The option will reappear
Sponsored

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY2021, Panamera 4S
Country flag
For me all problems come from connection issue between PCM and Porsche server.
I send many video to Porsche dealer for describe every issue that i still have, the most annoying is the apple music availability, phone connection to the car, and car connection to server too.
This problem appear one or two times a week.

Last edited:

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
Log in as GUEST.... Lock the car ...... Unlock and log in using your account. The option will reappear
tried that; didn't work for me

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
That's a bugger. It has happened twice to me and both times that worked fortunately
Like others have said; mine has 'self-corrected' after an overnight rest and is working fine now.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
After three weeks it came back. I had tried resetting to factory specs, rebooting the PCM and lots of swearing. None of that worked.

I only did one thing out of the ordinary. For the last 3 days I have not plugged the car in at all. I normally do it every night. Then voila, its back. Maybe its a fix?. Related to a 12v issue?

We'll see what happens and if it occurs again, will try the same procedure.

alyssii

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don’t think it’s related to having the car plugged in or not. Don’t think it’s related to the 12 V issue either.

My Taycan 4S+ MY21 I never charge it at home.
I never experienced the 12V issue (knock on wood)

However I got the range mode menu item missing/max speed 90 km/h twice. After a couple of days it had reappeared outside.

I am always using my personal login, never use the guest account and no other user account configured.

I rather suspect connection issue between PCM and Porsche server could cause it.
Signal is weak in my garage.

Regards
Alex

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don't know if its the 12v issue or a 12v issue. But all of the instrumentation on the car is 12v and the system is known to be sporadically flakey. The signal in my garage is excellent. Unless there is an error that can be documented and reported, or it never returns, then the only recourse looks to be trial and error and see if there is some common factor involved.

I was seeing my Porsche dealer tomorrow and was actually in the process of documenting the problem and went out to the car to check the Range Mode menu when suddenly it's all back. Perhaps the car is haunted and is watching us (theme from the Twilight Zone playing in the background).

Last edited:

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
any updates from you guys regarding this topic? "randomly disappearing Range mode max, Apple Icons" etc. These issues are driving me nuts, and they replaced even a "OTA ECU" but no success.

Last edited:

alyssii

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
any updates from you guy regarding this topic? "randomly disappearing Range mode max, Apple Icons" etc. These issues are driving me nuts, and they replaced even a "OTA ECU" but no success.
No updates from me.
The range mode issue hasn’t reappeared since I reported it.
I don’t have other issues like Apple Icons disappearing. My car has been behaving nicely the entire months of May and June.

I don’t know if Porsche engineers fixed anything on the Porsche server.

Mine is a MY 2021 latest software release installed.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
Any luck getting range mode speed limiter to reappear in the menu? I just discovered that I no longer have it and am stuck with a 55 limit.
I have the same problem. New after the software fix.

How did you fix it?

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the same problem. New after the software fix.

How did you fix it?
Happened to me. Came back after about 3 weeks by itself. Cannot attribute it to any action I took, but I didn't plug the car in for several days and it came back. Coincidence? Probably.

DNADoc

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB S560e
Country flag
I had this happen once before, at the same time (coincidentally, or as a result of) the consumption info in the trip computer was zeroed out for some reason. Changing the consumption from mi/kWh to kWh/100 mi may or may not have made the problem go away.

Supposedly, in range mode the rear motor is de-clutched from the rear wheels until regen is needed. Only the front motor is used to maintain speed. Less resistance, more efficient. No idea how much of a gain this actually represents.

I also think the PDCC / PASM controls are reduced or turned off (some message in the car gave me this idea) so that might also contribute to better range.

Range mode also switches to Eco on the AC - but you can of course do that manually.
I experienced this once.....I wasn't even in range mode. I got on the interstate and decided to turn on the adaptive cruise control to 75 mph and it would not let me. As soon as I took my foot off the accelerator the car slowed to 55....It took me awhile to figure out that somehow the mode had changed by itself to range and the range limit was 55.....Returning to normal cleared the issue. I figured it was just a glitch.

Love the car.

Buck
Sponsored