OP
OP

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Any luck getting range mode speed limiter to reappear in the menu? I just discovered that I no longer have it and am stuck with a 55 limit. My remote climate doesn’t work (again).
I still have the issue from time to time and unfortunately I haven't found a way to restore RM while the issue occurs. The only solution that works for me, leaving the car overnight. I guess the car fully shuts down after xx amount of time off.
Sponsored

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY2021, Panamera 4S
Country flag
I still have the issue from time to time and unfortunately I haven't found a way to restore RM while the issue occurs. The only solution that works for me, leaving the car overnight. I guess the car fully shuts down after xx amount of time off.
Me too, i hope the software upgrade resolve the problem.

Reactions: GEE

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Any luck getting range mode speed limiter to reappear in the menu? I just discovered that I no longer have it and am stuck with a 55 limit. My remote climate doesn’t work (again).
How funny you should ask. I have been checking on it fairly frequently and it has been missing from my PCM for weeks now. I checked it a day ago and it was not there then all the sudden I checked it today and it has reappeared.
I think my car knows it's going in for service on Tuesday and it's decided to straighten up its act.

Mike V

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
918, Taycan GTS ST, Tesla Model S P100D
Country flag
I'm on my 2nd episode of the "55 Max" problem, complete with the disappearance of the "Range drive mode configuration" selector. The last time it happened (~6weeks ago), it spontaneously repaired itself after a 3-day sit at the airport. I've also tried to not charge it for several days this time, to no avail.

Interestingly, a simultaneous problem occurred both times. The built-in SIM card internet connection (LTE) no longer connects, so I can't use Porsche Connect, internet radio, Apple Music, Traffic conditions, etc. Really aggravating. This problem cleared up at the same time the Range mode malfunction cured itself.

I wonder if both problems are related in some way?

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm on my 2nd episode of the "55 Max" problem, complete with the disappearance of the "Range drive mode configuration" selector. The last time it happened (~6weeks ago), it spontaneously repaired itself after a 3-day sit at the airport. I've also tried to not charge it for several days this time, to no avail.

Interestingly, a simultaneous problem occurred both times. The built-in SIM card internet connection (LTE) no longer connects, so I can't use Porsche Connect, internet radio, Apple Music, Traffic conditions, etc. Really aggravating. This problem cleared up at the same time the Range mode malfunction cured itself.

I wonder if both problems are related in some way?
Well I had the range mode configuration disappear only once so far and reappeared recently. I hope it will stay for me. I have had in the past several times that communications were a problem. What it had always been for me was that the car went into that privacy mode without me asking for it. May not be your issue, but FYI.
Porsche Taycan Range Mode Speed Limiting Issue 43F1258C-FB71-4705-AEC0-BB7346C81588

Mike V

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
918, Taycan GTS ST, Tesla Model S P100D
Country flag
The range-mode-55-only issue is getting really weird, but interesting.

Range mode trouble and no-LTE both simultaneously fixed themselves with another 48-hour stay at the airport. This makes twice that the "fixed-itself" occurred as the result of staying away from my garage for 2 days. That's a pretty curious coincidence.

Maybe sitting next to the Porsche-EVSE while in my garage has something to do with it. Or maybe my "Garage" charging profile has GPS-induced software/firmware strangeness.

I think the next time the Range-mode-locked-to-55-mph occurs (in my experience also accompanied by no-LTE), I will turn off the circuit-breaker to the Porsche EVSE to see if it "holds on" to the Taycan in some way that prevents the PCM (or other things) from timing out and fully resetting after a day or 2 period of inactivity.

I'm hoping that the WMA5 campaign puts this to rest permanently.

Christian J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 1997 C2S, 1979 Turbo, 1976 3.0
Country flag
I was at the dealer today and was happy to 'break through' the SM and talk to the manager at the dealership and the tech who worked on my car. We did a limited analysis and found that 1 car in inventory and a customer car defaulted to 75mph in range mode when switched on. They both had the same software update as mine yet my car does not offer the Range Drive Mode Configuration in the PCM. They called the regional tech who was stumped and they all said that they will try to figure out what's going on. for the record, I can not connect with my phone although timers can still be edited from the PCM.

Scott Blue

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I regularly use Range when "commuting". I have had the top speed drop to 55 MPH during a drive using Innodrive. It appeared to happen when my range remaining dropped below 250 miles. Later in the trip the top speed returned to 70 MPH.
Using Innodrive automatically adapts the cars speed to the current speed limit as ascertained by the speed sign recognition function. So if on the freeway and speed limit is 65 that is the speed the car will be set to. If you enter a 55 zone the car will automatically adapt to the 55 limit and then back to 65 or whatever the next speed limit changes to. Once the innodrive adapts to the current limit you can readjust your cruise speed to whatever you want but the innodrive will always set you to the exact speed as indicated on the next limit sign you pass.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Using Innodrive automatically adapts the cars speed to the current speed limit as ascertained by the speed sign recognition function. So if on the freeway and speed limit is 65 that is the speed the car will be set to. If you enter a 55 zone the car will automatically adapt to the 55 limit and then back to 65 or whatever the next speed limit changes to. Once the innodrive adapts to the current limit you can readjust your cruise speed to whatever you want but the innodrive will always set you to the exact speed as indicated on the next limit sign you pass.
The speed sign auto adjustment can be disabled, which is very handy when speed signs are not reflecting the applicable driving speed.

Also I believe a newer option to disable PIRM alterations to max speed based of detected SoC at next charging stop. I also disable that so I can arrive at chargers with <5% SoC which is safe if you know the car and the route.

See https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...-sign-recognition-in-innodrive-settings.2979/

Of course changing this prerequisites being able to access the arrange mode configuration option. Which had disappeared from my car for about a month and then reappeared.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I believe that part of innodrive can be shut off.

DLP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Turbo
Country flag
Unfortunately my issue is simply the Range setting menu disappearing and as I don't use the nav or any charging profiles, it seems to be a random software glitch. So far nothing has fixed it. Full battery, low battery, parked, moving, switching modes, switching to KM, resetting trip computer, long periods turned off. The "Range mode setting" menu is simply gone.
Your issue has probably been resolved by now. I had the same problem which Porsche couldn't help with. I found that by logging in using GUEST and locking the car for an hour, then logging in again using my own profile brought back the settings

Last edited:

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Brought this thread back as I think I have developed the same issue and am wondering if there is a fix or some helpful incites.

The maximum speed in Range mode is stuck at 90kpm which is the default. Previously I had it set to 120kpm with no problem. Now there doesn't appear to be any menu that lets me do that.

The problem is that when I use cruise control, that also gets limited to 90kph. So when I ran my range test on the weekend I had to shut off the cruise control and kickdown the accelerator to override the 90 kph limit.

This is cruise control and not ACC or Innodrive. Cruise control does not respond to input from the cruise stock, but is just stuck at the same 90 kph.

I have tried changing profiles to the Guest and then back but no effect. Only thing left I can think of is resetting the PCM to factory specs or deleting my profile and starting over.

Not sure what happens if the PCM is set to factory specs, but I guess I lose my settings.

If I delete my profile then I guess I have to start over scratch.

alyssii

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi

i own a MY 2021 Tacan 4S and experienced the range mode speed limit issue twice, since I got the car mid of March. The menu item to configure it had disappeare.

first I thought I had found a work around. If you start navigatio, make sure navigation and Porsche Intelligent Range Manager PIRM is active. Then I could configure range mode max speed.
But after a while it had disappeared again.

i tried in addition to switch to guest account, then back to personal account. Didn’t help.
I tried to activate privacy mode and deactivate it later. Didn’t help.

I suggest not to delete your profile.

best approach that may help.

- Shut down the car
- Lock all the doors
- Keep key away (so it doesn't accidentally unlock the car)
- Do not plug in the charger
-Do not use Porsche Car Connect app, as it will wake up
-Leave it like that overnight

After next start of the car, the range mode configuration menu and speed limit set by you may reappear.
in my car it had reappeared, maybe triggered by this sequence.

good luck!
Alex

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It just randomly clears itself. Took about a week for mine then *poof* it was working again. Porsche has zero clue what causes it and seems to have even less interest in fixing it.

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
It just randomly clears itself. Took about a week for mine then *poof* it was working again. Porsche has zero clue what causes it and seems to have even less interest in fixing it.
same issue here; set to 70; then noticed it had jumped to 90 then back to 55. Now the option has disappeared. Newly delivered car this week, software updated. What do we do to make Porsche NA aware of the problem. It isn't a killer one, more an annoyance.
Had the disappearing Sirius but the button assignment fixed that. Tried plug and charge, no go but was able to use Porsche account to authorize the charge,
Other than that, what's to say other than a mighty fine piece of machinery.
Sponsored