Rattle/vibration from upper door

Christian J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 1997 C2S, 1979 Turbo, 1976 3.0
Country flag
No issues. In fact, I can hear a pin drop it is so quiet. I’m approaching 5k miles on my Taycan. Where in NJ are you? If you need help, we can try to coordinate a time to connect. Not an easy job, and we don’t want one repair to cause more problems. Private message me would be better than via public forum. Cheers.
I think I'll just drop my car off at your place. Cheers!
Sponsored

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My car has been back 3 times (now for a fourth time until monday) with rattles in front passenger door, rear passenger door, b pillar/safety belt retraction mechanism and steering wheel cluster.

So far the dealer found the issues, ordered parts and had fixed it. They confirmed each time that it was clips or fittings or cables, a broken speaker bracket and a broken safety belt harness. They have been really good.

I wish I had the skills to repair this myself but I might end up with more broken clips and rattles than I started with.

I must admit I have never had so many build quality issues with any of the other Porsches I owned.

But yeah, it rattles and the PCM tech sucks, but it drives like a Porsche...

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
Thank you for the detailed door sill tear down with photos. I have a rattle from the same rear passenger door. I’m going to bring it back to the dealer for a first fix attempt and get the software update that’s been released.

I suspect I will end up following your steps to fully silence things.

wil932

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Thank you for the detailed door sill tear down with photos. I have a rattle from the same rear passenger door. I’m going to bring it back to the dealer for a first fix attempt and get the software update that’s been released.

I too have a rattle from the front passenger's door that can only be heard when traveling over rough sections of payment. Thanks so much for the info. I will be making an appointment with the dealer.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I also have annoying rattle sounds from passenger side. The speaker covers were lose, the rear passenger door trim was also loose. I pushed them gently with my hand and things improved but there is still at least one more rattle coming from that area.
This is disappointing built quality for such an expensive German car. I have owned 2 Audis, 2 BMWs and a Porsche Macan in the past and I never had loose trim rattles even after 50k miles.
Sponsored