Repeated PCM Calendar app updates

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Since getting my Taycan software update installed, and after the first round of post-dealer OTA updates, the PCM prompts me to upgrade the Calendar app every day. It’s always to the same version, 3.4.26, and when I perform the update it appears to be successfully installed. I don’t have the Calendar app connected to anything as I use CarPlay for that, but like clockwork I get the update prompt again the next day. Is anyone else seeing this?
Sponsored

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
I performed a calendar update a couple of days ago, although I didn't note the version. FWIW, it hasn't reoccurred since.

sotiris

First Name
Sotiris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo (2020)
Country flag
Since getting my Taycan software update installed, and after the first round of post-dealer OTA updates, the PCM prompts me to upgrade the Calendar app every day. It’s always to the same version, 3.4.26, and when I perform the update it appears to be successfully installed. I don’t have the Calendar app connected to anything as I use CarPlay for that, but like clockwork I get the update prompt again the next day. Is anyone else seeing this?
The same problem for me. After the latest software update that I did do my Taycan(2020model) 1-2 months ago, every time I get into the vehicle and start it, a Calendar update notification appears. My calendar’s version is 3.4.26. And the notification for updating it is also for the 3.4.26 version.
This is definitely a bug. If you find a solution, please let me know.
I consider myself an OCD person, so that notification is freaking me out.
The obvious solution would be to go to the dealer, but considering that my local(Greece) Porsche dealer’s level is just below average on all fronts, I’m afraid that they will make the problem even worse and waste too much time on it.
So, if you find a solution, either yourself or via your Porsche dealer, notify me so that I can tell me dealer what exactly they should look into.
Sorry for my english. ✌

Last edited:

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I have this problem as well. Exactly the same update every few days. I can't even find the calendar app to even see it on the PCM screen.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Anyone ever figure this one out? The bug has evolved so that I still get the notification, but now the app says that the installation has failed. Any way to simply delete the app (I don't use it)?

Tambrose

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I keep getting these as well. I only recently started to pay attention to the version and it is always that same version.

It is funny that I just thought the developer had a lot of bugs or was just really active...like, maybe an intern!

OP
OP
MissionC

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone ever figure this one out? The bug has evolved so that I still get the notification, but now the app says that the installation has failed. Any way to simply delete the app (I don't use it)?
The constant updates for Calendar have abated for me. I think the last notification I got was 3-4 weeks ago and have only seen standard Maps updates since. I'm suspecting it was a back-end issue that Porsche figured out how to resolve, at least for me :cool:

Telanas

First Name
Summer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
MY2021 and my Taycan does this too. Every day updating the calendar but the version is always 3.5.0.
Did anyone ever have a solution or more information on what is/was going on?

sotiris

First Name
Sotiris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
MY2021 and my Taycan does this too. Every day updating the calendar but the version is always 3.5.0.
Same for me. I had the same problem for the 3.4.26 version before that. It had somehow fixed in the past. Now the problem appears for the 3.5.0 version.

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have the same issue with calendar but now there are 4 other updates. A google search, dynamic content, panoramic view update, the calendar update and a legal terms update.

doesn’t matter how many times I install it, next time the same versions are available for update again.

I tried setting it to automatic updates but that didn’t help either.

PCM is a disaster. Version 6 is so ugly with the Android 1 color icons.

I just use apple CarPlay and drive the car. F#$k!! Porsche software.

cbx313

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S/Cayenne GTS Coupe/Macan S/911 Carrera S
Country flag
Same for me. I had the same problem for the 3.4.26 version before that. It had somehow fixed in the past. Now the problem appears for the 3.5.0 version.
I have the same issue with calendar but now there are 4 other updates. A google search, dynamic content, panoramic view update, the calendar update and a legal terms update.

doesn’t matter how many times I install it, next time the same versions are available for update again.

I tried setting it to automatic updates but that didn’t help either.

PCM is a disaster. Version 6 is so ugly with the Android 1 color icons.

I just use apple CarPlay and drive the car. F#$k!! Porsche software.
If you all wouldn't mind giving me or my colleagues a call at 1-800-PORSCHE, we can help. Just ask for the Digital team.

Also, make sure your My Porsche app is updated to the latest version, which I believe is 4.22.23 build 122 for iPhones and 4.22.23-pcna+5853 for Android. We pushed a huge Calendar fix with this release. If it's not fixed, if you all allow us to document it and get PAG aware, they can get it fixed and I can make sure you get the fixes.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
If you all wouldn't mind giving me or my colleagues a call at 1-800-PORSCHE, we can help. Just ask for the Digital team.

Also, make sure your My Porsche app is updated to the latest version, which I believe is 4.22.23 build 122 for iPhones and 4.22.23-pcna+5853 for Android. We pushed a huge Calendar fix with this release. If it's not fixed, if you all allow us to document it and get PAG aware, they can get it fixed and I can make sure you get the fixes.
So PCNA is monitoring this forum? 🙂

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag

While you are at it, I keep getting a prompt about media player (my iPhone) volume to get the best quality. It’s ticked to not show again but does daily!

sotiris

First Name
Sotiris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Hello, although my app was already updated recently, I haven’t seen any difference - meaning the notification did pop-up after the update, at least as far as I can remember. But I will recheck today.
Unfortunately I can’t call you, because I am located in Greece. Contact via email would be the only solution for me, if it’s possible for you.
Thanks for responding finally to our pleas.

cbx313

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S/Cayenne GTS Coupe/Macan S/911 Carrera S
Country flag
So PCNA is monitoring this forum? 🙂
Not officially, but I'm here and the only way for us to have information at the call center to fix things for everyone is to originally have it documented in the first place.
Sponsored