DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have caused some rub damage to the trim left of the steering wheel (see photo.)

I bought a replacement from Suncoast, but I'm not clear on the installation.

It looks like it just pulls straight out and the new one snaps in but I'm not sure and don't want to break anything trying it.

Anyone else have this issue?

Porsche Taycan Replacing Interior Dash Trim? IMG_0424
Sponsored

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Do you have a picture of the replacement? If it's just just held in with the interior plastic clips, pretty straight forward w/ a standard trim removal kit. That's interesting that you rubbed against this. There's a Carwow video where Matt talks about that very point (pun intended).

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Do you have a picture of the replacement? If it's just just held in with the interior plastic clips, pretty straight forward w/ a standard trim removal kit. That's interesting that you rubbed against this. There's a Carwow video where Matt talks about that very point (pun intended).
I'll take one.

Most of the rubbing happened before I got in the habit of (manually) moving the wheel forward every single time I exit, which is a pain but prevents me doing a zig-zag to get out.

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
I'll take one.

Most of the rubbing happened before I got in the habit of (manually) moving the wheel forward every single time I exit, which is a pain but prevents me doing a zig-zag to get out.
Can you post the part number for that trim piece? What was the price?

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
The Suncoast rep who responded to my inquiry added it to this link:

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/pq68506.html
The trim piece you intend to replace is secured with at least one screw (25 Torx drive) that is revealed when the fuse panel cover is removed. I have not tried to remove this trim piece yet. I was hoping you could post a photo of the back side of the replacement piece you purchased. I suspect that there are several spring clips holding the piece in place.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I ended up having the dealer install it to be on the safe side. They said it was a small enough job they didn't charge me any labor, which was welcome news.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Here is the picture of the old trim. I don't see anything that would screw in, it looks like it maybe aligns with a peg on the end and then snaps in.
Porsche Taycan Replacing Interior Dash Trim? IMG_0214
Sponsored