Road trip to France (Taycan GTS Sport Turismo)

anonymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo
Country flag
I agree, it should be freely available. However, when I asked the question, Porsche UK helpfully sent me this list of networks compatible with the Porsche Charge card.
Helpful of them. But not as much help as a CORRECT list would have been.
Shell mostly (or all?) not supported. London lamppost chargers called “ChargePoint Austrian” not supported. Don’t know about the rest.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I think that if they show in the Porsche app they are supported. PCM shows almost all chargers also not supported ones.
My experience with this in Sweden, is not good. The PCM has shown a few stations and even navigated to them with preheating etc. But still the Porsche Card did not activate the charger and neither the charging operator nor Porsche could help.

Same has been my experience in the U.K. with Shell stations btw.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And I have the Fastned mac based plug & charge activated. I never did the maths and didn't appreciate that Porsche Charging Service prices actually won out in that case. I think based on this, I'll de-activate Fastned plug & charge in the app and tap the Porsche card next time I'm there.

I have a reasonably large personal investment (combination of shares and bonds) in Fastned – but it hasn't been doing too greatly recently!
Has anybody done the calculation for this. I have used Fastned Plug and Charge a few times and it works great, but did not realise the price difference. Will also deactivate it in the app then.
Thanks for the advice

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Has anybody done the calculation for this. I have used Fastned Plug and Charge a few times and it works great, but did not realise the price difference. Will also deactivate it in the app then.
Thanks for the advice
Fastned directly is 0,69 ct per kWh. With the Porsche card it is 0,35 ct per kWh and 0,45 per minute. Let’s take a charge of 55 kwh in 20 minutes. 28,5 with Porsche and 37,95 directly with Fastned. Almost 10 euro for plug and charge.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Fastned directly is 0,69 ct per kWh. With the Porsche card it is 0,35 ct per kWh and 0,45 per minute. Let’s take a charge of 55 kwh in 20 minutes. 28,5 with Porsche and 37,95 directly with Fastned. Almost 10 euro for plug and charge.
Looks like they have reduced the rate slightly now then?? €0.59 now? But should still work out a bit more expensive even so.
Porsche Taycan Road trip to France (Taycan GTS Sport Turismo) IMG_0775
Sponsored