RS spyder wheels

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
My local dealer has a GTS ST in (not been prepared yet so a bit dusty). I'm assuming it is a demonstrator. It is almost exactly what I have on order (Same colour, interior, wheels combo, but I don't have the carbon body kit extras).

It looks stunning.

I just have to wait until Q1 2023 for mine (hopefully!)

20220227_141300.jpg

20220227_141247.jpg
That might have been in Porsche Leicester about a month back.

Not sure if it was driveable.

Only the saloon GTS was possible to test drive, which I did, and whether that body style or ST, anyone owning one is driving a future classic in the genesis of EV's.

Stunning vehicle, both looks and drive.

Jiggins

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Green Mini Cooper SE, Jet Black GTS ST
Country flag
It was Porsche Mid Sussex.

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
Therein lies the difference!
IMO I am yet to see a black and silver wheel I actually like the styling of, never mind thinking any look great!
Agree! All of the wheels with black/silver look a bit ‘faux’ to me. Black paint is used in an attempt to make the aerodynamic in-fills disappear. The inherent challenge for Porsche is to create a wheel which is both stylish and aero without the need to hide part of the wheel’s structure beneath back paint. The hallmark of a great design (in my eye anyway) is that it looks great regardless of whether it is all silver or all platinum paint or all black paint.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
How did you get a Turbo S without power charge ports? Does Porsche allow delete of those, or did they not come standard on older Turbo S?
If you look closely that Taycan has powered charge port doors – they just blend in a lot with the external car colour.

Porsche Taycan RS spyder  wheels Screenshot 2022-03-13 at 10.43.45

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
These are the nicest wheels on the Taycan IMHO!
I'd just be concerned about how the open design affects range…

davitzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Just got my car back after finishing a paintjob.

As you can see the new color is the matte black which comes originally with GTS but since that wasnt an option having the RWD I had to simply paint them and I think the results came out great!

Porsche Taycan RS spyder  wheels 315164904_1062134164482821_1953227256207418990_n

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Interesting the Spyder wheels are only available in matt black on the Australian configurator and only available in chrome/black in other countries. Why is it so? Is it a global manufacturing allocation decision - or is it as I suspect a local country decision on what typically sells the most and the styling preferences of country HQ. Chrome/black not available here as a special order either.

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just got my car back after finishing a paintjob.

As you can see the new color is the matte black which comes originally with GTS but since that wasnt an option having the RWD I had to simply paint them and I think the results came out great!

315164904_1062134164482821_1953227256207418990_n.jpg
Absolutely amazing. i was looking at changing my Spyder Rims to some aftermarket Mission E Gloss Rims but instead I may just go with this and get them matte

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Interesting the Spyder wheels are only available in matt black on the Australian configurator and only available in chrome/black in other countries. Why is it so?
That's not correct. In Australia it's the same as for every other market. The matte black Spyder wheels are only available for Taycan GTS and GTS Sport Turismo. For all other Taycan sedan and Sport Turismo models you can only order the black/silver version.
Sponsored