redrocket

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Panamera 4S, Bimmer X3
Country flag
Where’s our s/w update? Thought it was promised for January. I’m driving a mid year 2020. Among other things, I’m looking for the Real McCoy wireless Car Play. I have it working via a Chinese dongle from Amazon, but I really don’t want a dongle of any sort in my car :swear:
Sponsored

Last edited:

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Carplay is on the bottom of my list. it is something that I knew it was not part of the car and nobody promised that.

I personally wait for bug fixes because I expect the car to work and not fail randomly. The following bugs are on my list:
  • OTA module failure due to memory corruption (already fixed in 2021 models)
  • Transmission failure due to initialization issue (already fixed in 2021 models)
  • ParkAssist intermittent unavailability
  • ParkAssist comes up randomly even if no object is nearby
  • Warning & Brake Assist intermittent unavailability
  • Various PCM bugs, slow start, unresponsiveness etc
  • 12v battery drain issues
    • when timers/profiles are used (or updated via Connect App)
    • when you charge at 110v (PMCC feeds 6amp which is not enough)
    • when PLC is enabled at PMCC
    • when the key is stored close to the car
    • when charging fails for any reason
    • anything else that is not the user's fault
  • Fix any s/w bugs that can make the vehicle stall while driving
  • Range mode occasional maxes at speed 55 mph even though higher speed limit is set
  • Location based Homelink does not work. Nothing happens when you arrive at the saves location.

Of course the following features would also be nice to have for 2020 models:
  • Plug and Charge
  • Wireless Carplay
  • Location-based air suspension lift
  • True OTA updates to address bugs similar to those described above without a dealer visit.

Last edited:

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
@chrisk — don‘t forget the GPS based air suspension feature that ‘21 cars have — that would be seemingly easy to retrofit (software code) to our ‘20 cars. My Tesla Vehicles with air have had that feature for years; it’s really nice for those of us with steep driveways or such that we have to press the nose lift/raise button constantly (read: every time we visit that location).

But yes, I’d agree, your list is spot on!

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Add location-based garage opener..... The current homelink implementation is so bad compared to others. I have two doors, when homelink was programmed for both I would need to bring the screen up with the shortcut buttons then select the door on PCM. I erased one of the doors so at least now I can open the door with just pressing the shortcut button.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Add location-based garage opener..... The current homelink implementation is so bad compared to others. I have two doors, when homelink was programmed for both I would need to bring the screen up with the shortcut buttons then select the door on PCM. I erased one of the doors so at least now I can open the door with just pressing the shortcut button.
That is nice to have but never promised to us and not part of 2021 models. My includes only bug fixes or features confirmed in 2021 models. Everything else is unlikely to happen.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I think Q1 2021 is the new info from Porsche..

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
I keep hounding them... the latest reply from this week from their CEO office...

"Firstly, we are delighted to hear that you enjoy driving your Porsche Taycan 4S and appreciate your feedback that reflects your interest in the products of our company.

The Porsche Taycan started the new model year 2021 in September 2020 with a range of innovative additional functions. We would like to meet the desire of our customers to upgrade these new functionalities such as battery-saving charging or various connect options for vehicles from the previous model year like your Taycan 4S. However, we have to ask you once more for a little patience, as the update is not available yet.

Please be assured that we are working with high priority on the appropriate software update. As soon as the update will be available your Porsche Center will be happy to provide you with more information after the availability of further details.

Whilst we recognize that this is not the response you were seeking, we still hope that we have been able to provide a little more transparency for the moment."

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
Carplay is on the bottom of my list. it is something that I knew it was not part of the car and nobody promised that.

I personally wait for bug fixes because I expect the car to work and not fail randomly. The following bugs are on my list:
  • OTA module failure due to memory corruption (already fixed in 2021 models)
  • Transmission failure due to initialization issue (already fixed in 2021 models)
  • ParkAssist intermittent unavailability
  • ParkAssist comes up randomly even if no object is nearby
  • Warning & Brake Assist intermittent unavailability
  • Various PCM bugs, slow start, unresponsiveness etc
  • 12v battery drain issues
    • when timers/profiles are used (or updated via Connect App)
    • when you charge at 110v (PMCC feeds 6amp which is not enough)
    • when the key is stored close to the car
    • when charging fails for any reason
    • anything else that is not the user's fault
  • Fix any s/w bugs that can make the vehicle stall while driving

Of course the following features would also be nice to have for 2020 models:
  • Plug and Charge
  • Wireless Carplay
  • Location-based air suspension lift
  • True OTA updates to address bugs similar to those described above without a dealer visit.
I'd add to this list: Range mode occasional lock-out of speeds above 55 mph--even without nav active. I've had this happen at random (I have set Range mode to max out at 90 mph).

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
That is nice to have but never promised to us and not part of 2021 models. My includes only bug fixes or features confirmed in 2021 models. Everything else is unlikely to happen.
Actually, this feature is already in the MY 2020 cars, but it doesn't seem to work properly. So yes, we were promised this function.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Actually, this feature is already in the MY 2020 cars, but it doesn't seem to work properly. So yes, we were promised this function.
I also have two doors and I had to delete one so I can use the shortcut button for the other.
I think it works as it was designed by Porsche. It is not really a bug. It is just a terrible User interface.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I keep hounding them... the latest reply from this week from their CEO office...

"Please be assured that we are working with high priority on the appropriate software update. As soon as the update will be available your Porsche Center will be happy to provide you with more information after the availability of further details.

Whilst we recognize that this is not the response you were seeking, we still hope that we have been able to provide a little more transparency for the moment."
So no specific release date and nothing specific about the features the update might include. It is funny that they mention "transparency" at the end of their response.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag

"Firstly, we are delighted to hear that you enjoy driving your Porsche Taycan 4S and appreciate your feedback that reflects your interest in the products of our company.

The Porsche Taycan started the new model year 2021 in September 2020 with a range of innovative additional functions. We would like to meet the desire of our customers to upgrade these new functionalities such as battery-saving charging or various connect options for vehicles from the previous model year like your Taycan 4S. However, we have to ask you once more for a little patience, as the update is not available yet.

Please be assured that we are working with high priority on the appropriate software update. As soon as the update will be available your Porsche Center will be happy to provide you with more information after the availability of further details.

I received a carbon copy of this same reply three months ago.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Actually it was. Even now my car proposes me establishing a location-based homelink profile. Of course it thinks I am in the middle of a cornfield when I try to do that and never remembers it when getting home.

OP
OP
redrocket

redrocket

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Panamera 4S, Bimmer X3
Country flag
Actually it was. Even now my car proposes me establishing a location-based homelink profile. Of course it thinks I am in the middle of a cornfield when I try to do that and never remembers it when getting home.
Lots of things were promised to early adapters but have not been delivered. What is important to one person might not be important to the other. But things were promised. Including a s/w update this month. And yes, wireless ACP was promised early on.

Last edited: