W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I am on just under 23000 miles and which dealer is this from? I use Wilmslow and the pricing for the service is obscene , when asked what they service on the actual vehicle they don’t list much. I have a problem with the inside edge being worn out much earlier than the rest of the tyre, complained during service and they said my alignment is correct. I also drive it like a Porsche….. so that’s certainly doesn’t help.
Porsche Centre Aberdeen (Peter Vardy) and Porsche Centre Edinburgh (Syntner) both quoted the standard list price for the 2 year service and apparently enforced by Porsche GB (Reading).

The crucial part of the service charge is the labour rate - £152 (ex VAT) - and for a 2 year service you need 2.5hrs. The consumables are trivial - brake fluid change (mandatory) £120 & pollen filter (£30) - and most of the time will be the diagnostic check and the physical inspection of drainage holes (warranty issue if not performed).

I got lucky with a 20% discount on parts and labour (for any Porsche) if the work was performed this month. So I've got my Boxster in (needs a new battery) and my T4S in for servicing.
Sponsored

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
There is a separate thread on the UK forum for service cost.

Wilmslow were the most expensive I think!

mas_gts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
There is a separate thread on the UK forum for service cost.

Wilmslow were the most expensive I think!
I would avoid Wilmslow like the plague!

Can highly recommend Porsche Bolton instead. Much better prices, much better service and just much better attitude all round.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I guess you must fly low between the hedges!

I've 17.7K miles on my car (first service this month - £720 (incl VAT) discounted to £540 odds (20% discount in October at my dealer)) and have the same set of tyres from new which still have 5mm across each (Michelin) but agree they will be expensive to replace if worn (if I get a puncture my tyre insurance picks up the tab).
I can throw some nails in front of your car for you if you return the favour :)

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Hi, first post from me.!

The company I work for look to be setting up a salary sacrifice scheme in the next month or so, I believe with Lex. I dont know the ins and outs yet of this scheme yet and have been driving myself crazy wondering if I can afford a Taycan CT. I’m well into the 40% band, and should with the sacrifice for the car get some of my personal allowance back. The killer (I think) for me is that I do 20k mikes per annum and not sure if the cost will just be too much as the extra miles massively increases the monthly payment. Is anyone else with Lex on a similar mileage usage to me? Whilst I’d really like the 4S, just to get one I’d take the base model with some small upgrades, so maybe £91.5k. I do know each scheme is different and not sure if the company will keep NI or pass some back - I think this can be plus or minus £90. If anyone has played with figures similar to me I’d be really interested to see if I’m in close… I’ve got the Mrs on board, but in my head I don’t want to be spending more than £850/900 a month or kinda thinking the money would be better spent on the family..

Then, even if that does all come together, I am assuming lead time will be 12 months maybe more. I’d happily wait, even writing this is the closet I’ve got to owning a Porsche….

Thanks in advance..
If I didn't salary sacrifice my Taycan I would still be paying £675 pm for my 3.0 BMW Planet Destroyer and paying an extra 10k in tax. The spend more on family is misguided. It is really a question of whether you want to give the tax man £10k more a year. I am with Octopus 🐙.

I have a 4k miles a year for 4 years lease and car gets used once or twice a week locally. I don't drive much but the chance to have a Porsche and rob the taxman of £10k p.a. is a bonus. And as mentioned tax, insurance etc all part of the lease.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matt W

Matt W

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
If I didn't salary sacrifice my Taycan I would still be paying £675 pm for my 3.0 BMW Planet Destroyer and paying an extra 10k in tax. The spend more on family is misguided. It is really a question of whether you want to give the tax man £10k more a year. I am with Octopus 🐙.

I have a 4k miles a year for 4 years lease and car gets used once or twice a week locally. I don't drive much but the chance to have a Porsche and rob the taxman of £10k p.a. is a bonus. And as mentioned tax, insurance etc all part of the lease.
I totally agree…. I just don’t know if the £20k miles per annum is going to make it a tad to expensive… I think ive just got to be patient now and wait for the SS scheme to get introduced so I can get a quote. Anything under £900 and I’m in…
£200 more than I currently pay for my diesel burner but ultimately I did not think I’d be able to have a Porsche for that money… let’s face it the SS scheme will only get more expensive so get in while you can is what I’m thinking..

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
I totally agree…. I just don’t know if the £20k miles per annum is going to make it a tad to expensive… I think ive just got to be patient now and wait for the SS scheme to get introduced so I can get a quote. Anything under £900 and I’m in…
£200 more than I currently pay for my diesel burner but ultimately I did not think I’d be able to have a Porsche for that money… let’s face it the SS scheme will only get more expensive so get in while you can is what I’m thinking..
I did the math and it ceases to be an offset and becomes an additional cost when the bik hits above 10%. The moment that happens the SS is dead

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
Honestly, salary sacrifice if you can get it is a no brainer. I’ve gone from paying 100k+ * 37% * 45% (you work it out, I don’t want to see the numbers😉) to 2% * 45% of the cost of the car. I understand that those not in the know have questions, but if you can get SS why are you doubting this?

Jamesca

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5M
Country flag
I am 6 months into the process to get my place to setup our SS scheme. Like pulling teeth and still not quite there yet. We have been able to appoint a supplier from the CCS framework (as public sector) which means potential of discounts on the cars as well as the usual SS scheme benefits, but being public sector getting it implemented has been honestly one of the most frustrating things.

OP - did your company implement it after or still waiting?

Sebbo

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Taycan 4S CLA 45S
Country flag
£43200 a year on a four year lease for something you won’t own - that’s a serious amount of money to having nothing at the end of it. I get that leasing is an option but surely would it not be better to work out how to buy it? I have a turbo, I put £60k down and pay it off at £2000 a month - this is a Porsche and leasing seems crazy as the running costs are in keeping with the car. Please do factor in that they are £1000 to service and you would need one a year on your mileage and they eat tyres and with Porsche N marked tyres your talking £350 a corner and my fronts barely do 8000 miles.
I agree with you, seems mad leasing one. Save up and buy the thing pcp

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
£43200 a year on a four year lease for something you won’t own - that’s a serious amount of money to having nothing at the end of it. I get that leasing is an option but surely would it not be better to work out how to buy it? I have a turbo, I put £60k down and pay it off at £2000 a month - this is a Porsche and leasing seems crazy as the running costs are in keeping with the car. Please do factor in that they are £1000 to service and you would need one a year on your mileage and they eat tyres and with Porsche N marked tyres your talking £350 a corner and my fronts barely do 8000 miles.

Just checking, when you say "£43,200 a year"...you meant over four years, right? Over four years, its a good price. Yes buying may be cheaper, but over four years, its only cheaper if you factor in a great sale price. If the arse falls out of the car market (unlikely, but...) then it won't be as good. Leasing, takes the risk of a poor residual at the end away, and avoids the needs to clear out your war chest to begin with.

Lofty

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Disco 5, Defender V8
Country flag
Just checking, when you say "£43,200 a year"...you meant over four years, right? Over four years, its a good price. Yes buying may be cheaper, but over four years, its only cheaper if you factor in a great sale price. If the arse falls out of the car market (unlikely, but...) then it won't be as good. Leasing, takes the risk of a poor residual at the end away, and avoids the needs to clear out your war chest to begin with.
Sorry that was supposed to be over the full term. I have 14 full maintenance lease vehicles which my employees have as company cars. But we control what the vehicle it is as it’s a tool of there trade and carry’s medical equipment up and down the country so quite used to how that works but the salary sacrifice is new to me. The idea of ordering a car and being told how long I have to wait for it on an order. How long I have to drive it for? And how many miles I have to keep it under without incurring a penalty is beyond me. My way I can walk into the dealer tomorrow part ex just to change the colour…. Currently there is no better electric car so the taycan will be staying for some time yet.
Sponsored