Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Zero help and only vaguely relevant but the Porsche Connect is not much better in my wife's Cayenne S - seems like a company wide quality blight!

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Did not have any problems with my PCM until 3 weeks ago when it stopped communicating with the Porsche server.... I had just changed phone so did not think much about it since I thought it was a glitch with the new phone..... Called Porsche assistance during last weekend and after an hour on the phone with the guy we determined that the problem was most probably with the PCM....... After several resets and restarts, I can no longer instal my Porsche ID nor reset the PCM properly......... anyone else has this problem....?

nelsonmanha

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
I’ve heard the opposite, it’s just time for release as it has more to do with the Porsche infrastructure and software feature activation than the car hardware. Also Porsche could face fines and a class action lawsuit for false advertisement as this is clearly in all of their materials, both marketing and car manuals. So I’m going to bet My SA is right and it’s just timing for activation.
You let me know if you hear about a lawsuit. I am ready to jump in with that!!! I am tired of the BS from customer care - the guy had to guts to tell me it was a problem with the XM service!!!!! ( I cannot log in to my car so everytime i have to accept the connected services and wait to activate since my porsche id cannot be loaded in the car

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If your car has not updated mileage and state of charge on the Porsche website, take it into your dealer and have them check the state of the OTA Communication Module. There is now a TSB out for this so they should be aware.

nelsonmanha

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
I took to the dealer here in alabama great people always willing to help . The tech ordered a new OTA module but no eta on the arrival…. who knows i will let you know if they fix the issue
Sponsored