Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I think it looks very nice but...
This is a fast modern and futuristic car and that livery totally makes it look "normal" (but maybe that was the purpose, don't know...).
Still, I think a Taycan looks better with more brighter colors, makes it emphasize the sporty and lively character.
That green and gold makes it look like any super sedan and unnecessarily humble imho.
This combo would look better on an Aston or Jaguar.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The next Shmee159 installment is out. Range Anxiety is the topic and charging costs in London.

He misquoted Ionity pricing as 0.66eu/kWh vs 0.33 and he closes rather slow chargers in the UK, though I admit I only found four fast Chargers over 100 KW between London and Birmingham. But if I were making that trip I would have certainly focused on those and only needed to charge once I believe, but I don't have experience with 21" wheels and 4C temp. Many of the problems he talks about are real though, the UK infrastructure sucks from what I can see via online apps and videos.

RANGE ANXIETY! My First Long EV Journey - Porsche Taycan

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Watched the all and my his squeaky voice is annoying! Not sure I’m keen on the colour combo.

Fcassells

First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Read somewhere:
"Be kind to the influencers, what they may lack in knowledge they make up for in opinion".
Lol, I posted that on the Taycan Facebook page... unfortunately it gets worse, he now raced a model s and lost as it seems he has the reactions of an octogenarian.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Lol, I posted that on the Taycan Facebook page... unfortunately it gets worse, he now raced a model s and lost as it seems he has the reactions of an octogenarian.
Well, not quite.
The Tesla was warmed up and had 70% of charge.
The Taycan had only 36% of charge.
As you could see, the difference was about an inch on the best run.
Like Brooks already showed, the Taycan is faster (at 100% SOC).
On Tim's test you could say the Taycan is as fast as the Tesla at <35% SOC.
Now, in the real world, like Tim wants to demonstrate, the Taycan will always win if the Tesla isn't set up properly.
By the time the Tesla has gone through warming up and engaging ludicrous mode, the Taycan already left... :)

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Unfortunately, the internet allows the ignorant to expose and spread their stupidity. This video just shows what a clown the guy is, and that he should have not bought the car in the first place. I have driven on multiple 2,000 mile road trips in my 4s and have never had an issue with range anxiety or finding chargers since I realize that advanced planning is required when road tripping in an EV. If the high speed charging network sucks in your country - as it obviously does in the UK - then educate yourself on where to charge in advance. Jesus, just looking and listening to the guy makes me uncomfortable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I know that Tim (Shmee150) really should learn how to filter PlugShare for chargers if 100kw or better and I'm sure he will get Level 2 in his garage, he is certainly a squeaky wheel. And I realize he is a newbie to owning an EV, but I don't think we can say that he shouldn't own it. Also his channel has a lot of following which can be a good thing for the car as soon as he learns a little bit more on how to use it. It seems clear that the UK is very poor for quick charging vehicles at the current time and I give him credit for not just taking the easy path and getting some Tesla. He has a fleet of high-end cars and the Taycan Turbo S fits in quite well. I'm hoping he has some friends that are more EV literate to teach him the ropes a little quicker.

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here is the video, at least he won the first race with the Turbo S at only 36% against two Teslas at 76%.

Porsche Taycan Turbo S vs Tesla Model S Performance Cheetah | DRAG RACE
Shmee150

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The next installment of Tim's experiences with owning an electric vehicle. he did wait until it was quite low on battery with a fair journey to the nearest Ionity station. So even if he did use the correct methods to attempt to preheat the battery I'm not sure the car would have done it.

3% BATTERY LEFT! My Porsche Taycan Turbo S Rapid Charging Experience
Shmee150

Yes I know that he is not overly familiar with what the car can do or tell him but he still positive on it. Of course that's his general demeanor.

My YouTube post
@Shmee150 Tim as others have said that you can get the kilowatt display by simply pressing on the miles per minute on the center console. This also works on the Porsche Connect app. Also the preheat button in the car is only for cabin preheating it does not affect the battery except secondarily because current drain will warm it slightly. To keep the battery you have to use the onboard navigation to a known DCFC or you Sport+ mode as you suggested. That information dial on the dashboard can be changed to add a battery temperature, I find that very handy. You want to have 85F+ charging at a decent speed. I have had my Taycan at 1,2,3% for DCFC, I find it's range estimates to be very accurate. Also I get around 250 KW charging quite regularly though California temperatures are not as cold as what you are seeing right now.
I think with some planning you will do fine on a road trip to the Nurburgring.

On the unplugging thing, when you press the button on the Taycan the first time and the light turned white and the light above the plug socket turned on then the car has released the latch and you are free to unplug the car. I totally agree it is a learning process, I have had my car for 1 month and thoroughly enjoy the learning but especially the driving.

You also may want to pickup a Tesla Destination Charger adapter for the Taycan. Then stay at a hotel like Tiergarten which is next to the ring and has Tesla chargers which would give you 11kW so at least you're 100% each morning.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
The next installment of Tim's experiences with owning an electric vehicle. he did wait until it was quite low on battery with a fair journey to the nearest Ionity station. So even if he did use the correct methods to attempt to preheat the battery I'm not sure the car would have done it.

3% BATTERY LEFT! My Porsche Taycan Turbo S Rapid Charging Experience
Shmee150

Yes I know that he is not overly familiar with what the car can do or tell him but he still positive on it. Of course that's his general demeanor.

My YouTube post
Good one Ron!
And remember here in Europe the Tesla Destination chargers are exactly the same as the Taycan AC charger, no need for any adapters! They are all type 2, just the same as in the CCS type 2 connector,

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I know that Tim (Shmee150) really should learn how to filter PlugShare for chargers if 100kw or better and I'm sure he will get Level 2 in his garage, he is certainly a squeaky wheel. And I realize he is a newbie to owning an EV, but I don't think we can say that he shouldn't own it. Also his channel has a lot of following which can be a good thing for the car as soon as he learns a little bit more on how to use it. It seems clear that the UK is very poor for quick charging vehicles at the current time and I give him credit for not just taking the easy path and getting some Tesla. He has a fleet of high-end cars and the Taycan Turbo S fits in quite well. I'm hoping he has some friends that are more EV literate to teach him the ropes a little quicker.
I live in the UK and I am new to EV’s so information like this is invaluable to me. I have crammed as much resources in as I can but we all have to learn in the real world somewhere.

He has to change his sign off though.
Cheeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrssssssss :)