f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Is the car heavier with coilovers or air suspension Frank? Genuine question. I picked coliovers simply because my build was getting pricey for me and my old 911 had coilovers and was ace. I didn't even consider a weight advantage/disadvantage. I picked PB+ for winter range. That's it.
I would expect the air suspension to be heavier, but I don’t know and it won’t be a huge amount, unlike the front motor or extra PB+!
My choice is a CT all of which are 4WD and big battery so heavy anyway…
Sponsored

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
I would expect the air suspension to be heavier, but I don’t know and it won’t be a huge amount, unlike the front motor or extra PB+!
My choice is a CT all of which are 4WD and big battery so heavy anyway…
Aye that makes sense. I like the handling on coils. Its ace i think. No doubt the air is better but the coils arent bad either. Thanks Frank.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Hey @f1eng : where’s your car? Any news?
It was completed on 31/7 and I was hoping to pick it up first week in September based on dealer’s normal expectation of time from completion but then the indefinite delay set in, battery probably, and it already needs a software update too.

• Sad
Reactions: B61

chalkrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TAYCAN RWD
Country flag
It depends on your driving. To me, I didn’t think I would get the $7k or however much it is back when I trade it into the dealer for my next one in however many years that may be (I keep my cars for around 6+ years). I get 250-260 miles regularly at 85% on the standard battery with my RWD, and charge around once per week so I did not opt for it, and do not regret it.
Sponsored