Silver Linings - Wireless Carplay (not Taycan)

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
while I wait for Porsche to diagnose my Taycan they have kindlly provided me with 2020 Loaner Cayenne - it’s a nice SUV but I’m missing my instant torque of my Taycan and the car makes this noise when you press on the accelerator that is alien to me - also it needs to be “turned on????” and “turned off???” - these are strang concepts to me.

but what I am enjoy’ing is wireless Apple Carplay - the PCM integration is quite good are so far it seems to fall in the category of “it just works” - the base Model loaner does not appear to have the “wireless” charging option - so I’m not getting a full test - but wireless-charging + wireless-carplay seems like it would be a killer combination

wife and I are considering a Cayenne eHybrid as her next vehicle, so it’s been nice to try one out for a extended period of time.

I’m dubious this could happen, but wireless carplay support for the Taycan via an OTA update would be a pleasant surprise if Porsche were to consider it.
Sponsored

H@wk

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, BMW 530XD, BMW 320I cab
Country flag
Just a quick side note regarding the Cayenne Hybrid; was fortunate enough to get to test that model on a racetrack over here on Thursday. That is one impressive car indeed! And to put it into perspective, we did whip both Taycans and 911s around that same track. Even though the Cayenne is a hybrid, kicking it down a gear produced a very pleasant race car exhaust note :). (... now why on earth do I drive an electric Porsche....)