Silverstone Experiance Day

QA4A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4, Taycan (ordered)
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I ordered my Taycan last month and found out about the experience day last week. I asked my dealer about it and they said they would add me to the waiting list but said it was quite long.

Does anyone have some anecdotal evidence of how long they had to wait? Also does anyone have more information about the itinerary for the day?

Thanks!
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I ordered my Taycan last month and found out about the experience day last week. I asked my dealer about it and they said they would add me to the waiting list but said it was quite long.

Does anyone have some anecdotal evidence of how long they had to wait? Also does anyone have more information about the itinerary for the day?

Thanks!
It can take weeks but you have at least 12 months to book it.

Phone Porsche UK (not the dealer) and they should be able to advise on availability.

I've done it several times now and is a fantastic day out. You will be allocated an instructor for your half day session and will be taught how to drive and handle a Taycan equivalent to yours - it's a fantastic experience plus you'll get a 3 course lunch. Don't miss out!

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
ordered my Taycan 4s CT March got my invite this week valid for 2 years

IainSmith

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Turbo with PP, ordered Taycan CT 4s
Country flag
ordered my Taycan 4s CT March got my invite this week valid for 2 years
Same for me. I got my letter through this week and booked for September ?

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
Covid messed me around; ordered last October, took delivery in March, finally managed to get booked on late September this year.

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
I ordered July 2020 and received Nov 2020 but never got any message about it, so emailed Porsche GB off the back of this thread and was advised to email [email protected] to check availability, and have been able to book my experience day for October.

The day format is:

Morning Experience:

- Arrival time: 8:00 – 8:30 am
- Breakfast will be available on arrival
- Safety Briefing and information regarding the Centre at 9:30 am – Approx 20 minutes
- You will receive 2.5 hours on the Porsche tracks, which includes one-to-one tuition with a Porsche Driving Consultant
- A three-course lunch will be served in the Porsche Restaurant from 12:30 pm until 1:30 pm
- The session will finish by 1:30 pm after lunch

Afternoon Experience:

- Arrival time: 11:30 am - 12:00 pm
- A three-course lunch will be served in the Porsche Restaurant from 12:30 pm until 1:30 pm
- Safety Briefing and information regarding the Centre at 1:30 pm – Approx 20 minutes
- You will receive 2.5 hours on the Porsche tracks, which includes one-to-one tuition with a Porsche Driving Consultant
- The session will finish by 4:30 pm
- Afternoon Tea is available in the Porsche Restaurant from 4:30 pm

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
What’s the criteria for this?

We have my Taycan on order and also have just bought a 911 (nearly new). Do both cars qualify or is it just for new cars?

Also, is it one person or can you bring a guest?

Thanks.

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag

We have my Taycan on order and also have just bought a 911 (nearly new). Do both cars qualify or is it just for new cars?

Thanks.
Depends on your dealer. My dealer sorted for both my wife & I. Additional cost for a guest is £472.00
Our experience day booked for 25/08/21. Booked on 22/06/21.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag

Thanks.
You should get 1 experience credit per car, so in your case you should get 2. Although you can take a guest to each one it is discouraged as you would have to split the drivivn time

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
After owning the car for just over a year I managed to get to Silverstone yesterday for my Porsche experience and what an absolutely brilliant day!

Even though there were still a few covid restrictions in place and one of the tracks was not available, apparently there is some sort of event on this weekend at Silverstone ? and the drivers etc. need somewhere to park their helicopters, never has time flown so quickly – excuse the pun.

I found out some of what the car can really do without worrying about blue lights appearing in the rear view mirror or someone standing on the corner with a radar gun. The car is outstanding, and I am even more impressed with it.

Seeing how well the car brakes from 90 mph to a standstill and what the traction control/psm does was great. Even more fun was had when toning it down and even switching them off – hold down the PSM/traction button for 4 secs or 10 secs respectively.

The instruction was great and saw my lap times improving. However, my times were put into perspective when I saw one of the Carrera cup drivers take a GT3 around the circuit! Think I need a few more sessions ?

All in all a great day and cannot recommend it enough – I do think I got more out of having had the car for a while rather than attending before receiving the car.

Finally, one thing that is nice is not having to use your own car and having to replace those tyres!
Sponsored