First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Carrera S Cabrio
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I just picked up my 2021 Taycan 4S on Christmas Eve, and I’m totally unable to access the satellite radio. I have signed up based on the email I got from Porsche, but when I select the icon in the Media console I get “Function not available”. When I go to settings I get screen below, which looks like a software bug. I’ve tried the “two finger salute” to reboot the PCM, but it doesn’t seem to matter.

I realize I probably am the lucky guy who got the first MY 2021 car and so I get to debug it, but I’m hoping there’s someone else here who figured this one out...

Cheers,

Laz

Porsche Taycan Sirius XM 360 not working? CC5239E5-CCE2-4FD3-B391-79529274FDEB
Sponsored

Tommy D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3 RS Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I just picked up my 2021 Taycan 4S on Christmas Eve, and I’m totally unable to access the satellite radio. I have signed up based on the email I got from Porsche, but when I select the icon in the Media console I get “Function not available”. When I go to settings I get screen below, which looks like a software bug. I’ve tried the “two finger salute” to reboot the PCM, but it doesn’t seem to matter.

I realize I probably am the lucky guy who got the first MY 2021 car and so I get to debug it, but I’m hoping there’s someone else here who figured this one out...

Cheers,

Laz

CC5239E5-CCE2-4FD3-B391-79529274FDEB.jpeg

OP
OP
lazvek

lazvek

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any luck with this? No change for my 2021.
Nothing as yet from my dealer. I’m going to reach out to SiriusXM this afternoon. Hopefully they will have some answers.

OP
OP
lazvek

lazvek

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Latest update: I just spent 30 minutes with a Sirius XM tech and we still couldn't get it to work. I have a call with the "Advanced Technical Support Team" tomorrow.

Tommy D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3 RS Taycan 4s
Country flag
Spoke to my dealer he says they think they found the problem. He says the module wasn’t set up correctly at the port. Taking it in on Monday

OP
OP
lazvek

lazvek

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Spoke to my dealer he says they think they found the problem. He says the module wasn’t set up correctly at the port. Taking it in on Monday
Thanks for posting. I'm going to call mine in the AM. SiriusXM guys are totally confused.

paxton

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Any update on that? Just took delivery of my 2021 and experiencing the same issue.

OP
OP
lazvek

lazvek

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any update on that? Just took delivery of my 2021 and experiencing the same issue.
Yes in fact. Busy week. Forgot to post.

It appears to be an issue with the OTA update that was pushed before Christmas on the 2021 models. I was told that it is affecting all the 2021's and they are planning a fix. Apparently, the vehicle needs to pull down it's updated Connect service list from the network. They said you can try a few reboot cycles and it might work, but that the dealer can open a ticket to have them poke your car remotely. I have been too busy this week to deal with this, but I plan to try a few reboots and follow up for a cleansing if I still get no results. If you guys want I can post a pic of the email the tech sent me from Porsche.

Also, if someone has had this fixed via other means, I'm all ears. :)

Laz

paxton

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes in fact. Busy week. Forgot to post.

It appears to be an issue with the OTA update that was pushed before Christmas on the 2021 models. I was told that it is affecting all the 2021's and they are planning a fix. Apparently, the vehicle needs to pull down it's updated Connect service list from the network. They said you can try a few reboot cycles and it might work, but that the dealer can open a ticket to have them poke your car remotely. I have been too busy this week to deal with this, but I plan to try a few reboots and follow up for a cleansing if I still get no results. If you guys want I can post a pic of the email the tech sent me from Porsche.

Also, if someone has had this fixed via other means, I'm all ears. :)

Laz
Thanks for the update, the email from your tech would be great when you get a chance.

OP
OP
lazvek

lazvek

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just picked up my 2021 Taycan and the SiriusXM worked when I left and then stopped. Have any of you found the solution?
Mine mysteriously started working two weeks ago after I rebooted the console. It took two reboots to get it to stick, but it works. My dealer had no idea if anything had been done, but I do know that they had just done some updates to the app and the service back end.

Often feels like they don't know how to do SaaS. If they are going to keep he dealers in the dark, then they need to have a support site to communicate with customers directly. But hey, what do I know about running a SaaS business...

OP
OP
lazvek

lazvek

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just picked up my 2021 Taycan and the SiriusXM worked when I left and then stopped. Have any of you found the solution?
The trick was to tap the SXM button in the media console while it wasn't grayed out for a few seconds after the restart. If you missed that window, it would go gray and not work.

swhsv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The trick was to tap the SXM button in the media console while it wasn't grayed out for a few seconds after the restart. If you missed that window, it would go gray and not work.
For me, the SXM button comes up gray after reboot and stays gray. It never shows as "enabled". At this point I've tried rebooting 4 or 5 times with no change... so I guess I'll be using Apple Music as a substitute until there's an OTA update that restores SXM.
Sponsored