porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
I’m sorry to report that I sold my 2020 Taycan Turbo today.

Nothing against the car, but I wasn’t driving it anymore. Since moving to the DC Area I’ve found that the traffic and parking aren’t really Porsche-friendly. The roads are lined with speed cameras, and the great driving roads are all 30-40 minutes from my house. I got spoiled in California with amazing roads just a few minutes from my driveway.

So, I’m saying farewell to a car that gave me happy memories and some great road trips in California, and driving across the US.

I wanted to say ‘thank you’ to everyone here who has shared their experience and knowledge, and made Taycan ownership that much easier and more fun. I appreciate all of your contributions, but I especially wanted to call out a few members

@daveo4EV for all-around knowledge and helpful contributions
@evanevery for his awesome 3D printable license plate mount design
@featherless for the super useful Electric Sidecar app for iPhone and Apple Watch
@louv for some amazing early-days Taycan road trip posts

I will miss the conversations and stories from all of you. Stay safe, and enjoy those Porsches!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
porsche_coyote

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nothing yet, but I’m seriously considering a used Polestar 2. It’s not in the same class as the Taycan, but that’s kind of the point. It’s a really nice car to putter around town in, and it’s not so precious that some inevitable city door dings and such will drive me as crazy. And on the rare occasions when the twisty roads open up ahead of me, it’s still reasonably fun to drive. I’ve rented them a few times now and always found them quite nice to spend time with. Plus, I can buy one for what another two years of Taycan depreciation would likely cost me…

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
Nothing yet, but I’m seriously considering a used Polestar 2. It’s not in the same class as the Taycan, but that’s kind of the point. It’s a really nice car to putter around town in, and it’s not so precious that some inevitable city door dings and such will drive me as crazy. And on the rare occasions when the twisty roads open up ahead of me, it’s still reasonably fun to drive. I’ve rented them a few times now and always found them quite nice to spend time with. Plus, I can buy one for what another two years of Taycan depreciation would likely cost me…
I like the look of the IONIQ 6 ... reminiscent of a Citroen D21. Good specs. When the 3-year leases expire in a year or two, I may get that as a 2nd EV.

OP
OP
porsche_coyote

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like the look of the IONIQ 6 ... reminiscent of a Citroen D21. Good specs. When the 3-year leases expire in a year or two, I may get that as a 2nd EV.
Yeah, the issue with the Ioniq 6 right now is the depreciation cost. It appears to be a good car, but it would cost me far more over the next three or four years than the Polestar. I'm looking for a cheap option that's still fun/nice, as opposed to the best car in a given purchase price range. In a few years the Ioniq 6 will be potentially really good option, though.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Yeah, the issue with the Ioniq 6 right now is the depreciation cost. It appears to be a good car, but it would cost me far more over the next three or four years than the Polestar. I'm looking for a cheap option that's still fun/nice, as opposed to the best car in a given purchase price range. In a few years the Ioniq 6 will be potentially really good option, though.
Tesla model 3 LR facelift ?

OP
OP
porsche_coyote

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tesla model 3 LR facelift ?
A reasonable suggestion for some folks, but I hate the Model 3. I will only buy cars with some form of instrument panel in front of the driver. And honestly, I hear so many horror stories about the repair costs and wait times from Tesla owners I know that I can't say I'm particularly thrilled with the brand. And to be clear, I'm not talking about random person in online forum, I mean I personally know eight people who have had experiences with Tesla service that were beyond hellish.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
A reasonable suggestion for some folks, but I hate the Model 3. I will only buy cars with some form of instrument panel in front of the driver. And honestly, I hear so many horror stories about the repair costs and wait times from Tesla owners I know that I can't say I'm particularly thrilled with the brand. And to be clear, I'm not talking about random person in online forum, I mean I personally know eight people who have had experiences with Tesla service that were beyond hellish.
I presumed quality was better after the facelift. It does look better anyway. Don’t know many Tesla owners my self.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I will only buy cars with some form of instrument panel in front of the driver.
I was in a Model 3 for the first time a few days ago (as a passenger). It felt bizarre and spartan to me. Cheap, really. I’m not a fan of the stuck-on-iPad many manufacturers use now, and for that to be the only thing…

I’m not knocking other people if they like it (I know some do), but it’s not for me. I like the way Porsche does their instrument cluster and center screen.

And I like that my 911 still has an analog tach. Shame that’s going digital in the upcoming refresh.
Sponsored