KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
It feels like one thing that they did with the software update is change the sequencing of the boot up process. Now, the screen seems to appear more quickly, but underlying functionality is still booting and not quite ready, even though the screen is ready and responding. The reason I believe this is that some functions initially will appear as “unavailable” or grayed out or show warnings early in the drive and then become available shortly thereafter. I have seen the following behaviors that I would love to get some observations on:

• Delayed availability of Ambient Lighting
  • Delayed availability of Media Favorites
  • Warning to “Check your Sirius XM antenna”

It is almost as if these functions have not finished booting up when I check immediately after starting up. If I happen to check these later in the drive, I would have never noticed this (other than the warning. None of this has really impacted me in any way (yet), so it seems harmless/innocuous. I am curious, however, if others have observed similar behaviors since the update.
Sponsored

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I'm happy to report my 4 S seems to have survived the software update. It was in the shop for 2.5 days. I had to send a refresh signal to the satellite radio but retained all the other settings I am aware of ( 85% charging profile, cell phone, garage door opener ,etc ). Of course Innodrive was set to follow the speed limit. Satellite favorites were gone. I witnessed the charging cord auto-eject this morning after charging overnight at home. You just pull pull the plug out.

Last edited:

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Porsche’s new update is great for 2020 cars. It took dealer 15 hrs to install. Here are the great new features
  • 1. smartlift, enables lift function and allows user to save locations for automatic lift for speed bumps, driveways etc
  • 2. new display options
  • 3. Apple car play now works without cable connection to iphone. Lots of useful voice activated Siri functions
  • 4. just received 11 OTA updates to a number of functions. All went flawless
  • 5 all porsche connect functions work
  • Porsche did a good job for 2020 Taycans
What are the new display options?

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Well mine is now officially "in" and when I check it has gone into private mode. I guess its a bit shy as it gets its "facelift" done and doesn't want to be "seen." Instead of the promised 4S I have been given a Macan (no comment).

I will sit quietly in the corner and weep gently and keep checking my phone for messages. Its a little like having a loved one in surgery...

Last edited:

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
One major improvement I noticed right away after picking up car after 2 days at the dealer:

The map now has a plus and minus sign at the middle of the left margin to be able to get closer or further when viewing it. Before I had to pinch in or out, which was less user friendly. I still prefer the rotary knob on my E63S, when map is selected, it will rapidly zoom in or out depending on direction of turn.

They informed me upgrade went relatively smoothly, although they had to repeat the 2nd second section once. No errors hardware or software reported. Everything worked as before except Apple Music where I was logged out, and the right tube settings on the dash which were changed.

Very happy for now.

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Anyone know how to show song/artist information under satellite favorites instead of station descriptions? I used to have it setup with song/title but the update wiped it and can't for the life of me figure out how to change it back.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
One major improvement I noticed right away after picking up car after 2 days at the dealer:

The map now has a plus and minus sign at the middle of the left margin to be able to get closer or further when viewing it. Before I had to pinch in or out, which was less user friendly.
Double tap on the nav screen zooms in too.

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was expecting the battery charge status to be shown on the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect (PMCC) display when charging. I had the WMA5 done on my 4S and the WMA7 done on my PMCC, but the PMCC display looks the same as it did before. It doesn't show my car's battery SOC on the PMCC display.

The letter I received about the update says "The current charge status of the battery is now shown in the display of the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect".

Does your PMCC shown the current battery SOC on the display? If so, did you need to turn this on somehow in the PMC or perhaps on the PMCC web interface? Has anyone posted a picture of their PMCC showing the SOC?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Consult the web interface to have full control over the PMCC display and settings - likely find what you are after there.

Charge status may not be the same as SOC - could simply be charging (green), blue (paused), red (fault), white (startup).

Porsche Taycan Software Update Has New Features for 2020 Taycans 20210303_164227

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Consult the web interface to have full control over the PMCC display and settings - likely find what you are after there.

Charge status may not be the same as SOC - could simply be charging (green), blue (paused), red (fault), white (startup).

20210303_164227.jpg
I definitely do not have the % battery charge as you have. Did you need to do anything to enable this? Perhaps it's because you have a MY2021...

Does anyone with a MY2020 have the % battery charge shown on their PMCC like @W1NGE ?

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I definitely do not have the % battery charge as you have. Did you need to do anything to enable this? Perhaps it's because you have a MY2021...

Does anyone with a MY2020 have the % battery charge shown on their PMCC like @W1NGE ?
I have a MY2020 4S with a WMA7-updated PMCC. It does not show % battery charge while charging but power consumption and time. However, @W1NGE ‘s charger looks like it is waiting in a “blue” timer state. I never use timers, only general profile or direct charging, so that may be the difference?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I'm not at home to check but I always use the web app to configure my PMCC - I may have switched something on.

I have an MY21 car and my PMCC did not get a firmware update / board change (not required).

Picture is in pause mode.

I tend to use both a profile and a timer otherwise I exceed the charging window I want and I always stick to a max charge of 85%.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I'm not at home to check but I always use the web app to configure my PMCC - I may have switched something on.

I have an MY21 car and my PMCC did not get a firmware update / board change (not required).

Picture is in pause mode.

I tend to use both a profile and a timer otherwise I exceed the charging window I want and I always stick to a max charge of 85%.
Where is that section in the web app?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Country flag
It just looks tacky and cheap is all.
Username checks out...

FWIW, I like the Ambient Lighting. I leave it on the cool white most of the time but I feel it really completes the interior. It's also extremely flexible in configuration...nicely implemented.
Sponsored