Software update hasn’t fixed 12v battery issue (update) confirmed as main battery fault)

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
There are a few of these being reported on the forum. Hopefully it isn’t too common an occurrence. Hope you get sorted soon and that they lend you something nice until then
Sponsored

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
Yikes! Sorry to hear, this is not confidence inspiring.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
the title of this thread is misleading - this is a major drive train fault (main 800V battery) and has nothing to do with 12V issues reported in the past.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
An update on the old 12v issue.

I have not yet had the software update but it is scheduled for later in the month. I have found I can create (some of?) the conditions that triggered the original failure and have done so several times.

The car needs to be plugged into the charger AND you need to run the Porsche Connect APP. In particular checking the battery charging history seemed to be a trigger. I found this when researching for a recent thread.

If you don't use the APP no problems.

As there have not been reports of 12v failure after the update it looks like that problem has been fixed.

Also the failure does not appear to be that the 12v battery is fully discharged, just that some condition triggers the car to take the 12v system off line.

jhawks9028

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Base
Country flag
My 2022 Taycan RWD faulted today, while my wife was driving in rush hour in DC on the beltway. She was not happy but made it to the shoulder safely. She had it towed to Porsche Bethesda, and I asked her to mention this MY20/21 problem to the service advisor. He said there are no recalls for MY22. Am I late to the table in realizing it applies to MY 22 also?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
My 2022 Taycan RWD faulted today, while my wife was driving in rush hour in DC on the beltway. She was not happy but made it to the shoulder safely. She had it towed to Porsche Bethesda, and I asked her to mention this MY20/21 problem to the service advisor. He said there are no recalls for MY22. Am I late to the table in realizing it applies to MY 22 also?
This does not really come up as an issue on this forum anymore. Seems like bad luck. It’s not an issue with 22+ model years.
Sponsored