*SOLVED* - locking your doors WIHTOUT keyfob - using your hand...

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85 + Taycan GTS
Country flag
Am I missing something here? Pardon my ignorance but I’m new to Porsche and I’m waiting on my GTS, but I’m curious why a touch is needed to lock the car. Can’t I just walk away from the car for it to lock? What am I missing?
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Am I missing something here? Pardon my ignorance but I’m new to Porsche and I’m waiting on my GTS, but I’m curious why a touch is needed to lock the car. Can’t I just walk away from the car for it to lock? What am I missing?
Walk-away door lock not an option on Porsches. Press a door handle provision or use key fob.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Just to add to the mix ... when I use the drivers door with my finger, the car will lock and then immediately unlock. Now I use the back door and no problem.
Did you find an other way to solve this. Mine does the same.

on the driver side it unlocks immediately. Sometimes it locks after 2-3 trials. Rear passenger door works better but sometimes the same.

locking with the button in the trunk always works and with the key too.

kind of stupid at parkings having to try several times and mirrors going in en our each time

Iben

First Name
Jean-Are
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S (2020 mod.)
Country flag
I do NOT understand why this is difficult for anyone.

Put your finger on the dent in the door handle.
Hold it there until it chirps.

Done. Works 100% of the time.
I lot of times I could hold my finger on the dent on the door and nothing happens.
I need to do it several times to lock the car.

Sparky

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT 4
Country flag
Did you find an other way to solve this. Mine does the same.

on the driver side it unlocks immediately. Sometimes it locks after 2-3 trials. Rear passenger door works better but sometimes the same.

locking with the button in the trunk always works and with the key too.

kind of stupid at parkings having to try several times and mirrors going in en our each time
I think the problem is that the interior key sensor senses the key and unlocks the car because it thinks the key is inside the car. More recently, I positioned my body such that it is in-between the key and the car. My key is in my left pocket; so I face my ride side towards the door. The car now locks properly from the front door. Over time, it has become a habit so that I don't have to think about it.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I think the problem is that the interior key sensor senses the key and unlocks the car because it thinks the key is inside the car. More recently, I positioned my body such that it is in-between the key and the car. My key is in my left pocket; so I face my ride side towards the door. The car now locks properly from the front door. Over time, it has become a habit so that I don't have to think about it.
I was thinking the same. That I had to keep some distance from the car.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
OP’s method with back of the finger does not work on our car, but I figured out that it requires a swipe *from front to back* on the indent (I use my finger tip). Works for me 95% of the time after struggling with this issue for 8+ weeks. If I try back to front it does not work; holding finger in the indent does not work - it has to be a finger tip swipe from front to back the length of the indent.

Our Panamera continues to lock without any special technique.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
No swipe - never worked for me including the 3 other Taycans I've driven. Finger press in "dent" always works.
Sponsored