gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
My delivery was in two stages. Paperwork at the dealership, delivery at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta. At the dealership (Ocala, Florida) I completed the purchase paperwork. Very polite and way too many form to sign. After that was done my SA came over, expressed his gratitude and presented a bottle of champagne, Porsche pen and a ridiculously rich chocolate cake (along with a couple of bottles of water for the 2 hour drive home in the Tesla). Kind of silly gifts but the effort was appreciated and felt genuine. There were multiple followup phone calls from my SA and a session with their "Taycan expert" after I had had the car for a month to answer any questions. Delivery at PECATL was an extra cost option and worth every penny. From the moment we arrived everyone we interacted with went out of their way to make the day special. Lunch (delicious), a tour of the facility, and an hour and a half track session with an instructor. The "reveal" was full on theater. Pulling the cover off with a practiced flourish, extolling the incredible superiority of the car while doing it. Eh. But then had a good 45 minute tutorial on the car and how things worked. All the connectivity was enabled, the account working, the app working,... The advisor actually knew the Taycan and had answers. There was no "it's in the manual". Handed a goody bag with a mug, hat, two key rings, a Porsche branded diary, and a USB stick with 50 photos of the delivery (the car, the wife and me, signing their "delivery wall") and, naturally, a video of the car cover coming off just in case I feel the need to relive that moment. The dealership experience was good as they made it more than just completing the purchase documents. The PECATL delivery couldn't have been any better. Both places handled their part of the delivery in a manner befitting a Porsche purchase.
Sponsored

Eugene88

First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got a bag with ceramic cover certificate, leather cover for manual, ceramic Porsche mug and two keys with leather Porsche tags, one red and one black. Also blanket reveal and PCM explanations and set up. It was also 85% charged and that's it =) Also had coffee, bottle of water and chit chat with staff haha So overall nothing major but I was happy...I was knackered after work anyway. They have also booked master class for me.

gcarreira

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I collected my Taycan from the dealer a couple of weeks ago and just wondering how my experience compares.

When I bought my Range Rover a few years ago the dealer gave me a bottle of champagne and a few other things + the keys came in a nice presentation box.

when I collected my Taycan I was handed both keys tied together with a plastic tie and no gift at all.

Was my dealer particularly stingy or is this a Porsche thing?
My Danbury CT dealer was basically don’t let the door hit you in the ass as he threw me the fob,

OP
OP

glon

First Name
Gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Sure was. Keys presented in a box just like that.
Thanks, I emailed mine and they apologised. Said they're posting me the box. We'll see if it actually arrives :)

Eugene88

First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks, I emailed mine and they apologised. Said they're posting me the box. We'll see if it actually arrives :)
Oh right do we meant to have a box too? haha they are so tight.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
My Danbury CT dealer was basically don’t let the door hit you in the ass as he threw me the fob,
That doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement of that dealership!
(I didn't receive any fancy presentation or little gifts when I picked up my A6 Allroad in Devon PA or my i4 M50 in Pittsfield MA, but staff were professional, polite, and patient with showing me whatever I wanted to learn first before driving off, which is all I want.)

Do you have any experience with Wallingford or Hoffman? The latter's general sales manager seemed apathetic at best (extensive ghosting even!) in taking a deposit for a 4CT allocation.
Sponsored