wigwam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6
Country flag
HI Everyone
Been avidly reading past few days and would really appreciate some help
Want to take the plunge for my 1st electric car via company route (Tax savings etc) and loved the test drives in the RWD Taycan - especially coming from barges as such 520 and A6 :)

1) My plan is to have the car for 3 years and then switch to something else so still trying to weigh up (my assumptions in brackets):
Contract HIre/Business Lease (no commitment end end of 3 year but higher monthly)
PCP (lower monthly, can just hand car back...although I guess more than likely I would be able to sell for more than GFV so worth exploring that aspect?)
Mainly "my" car with a 2nd family barge but more than likely kids will insist we go every local in this!
Commute is only 40mile return and only 2-3 days/week and I will plan to charge on my driveway so 8k annually probably enough for me and possibly cheaper adding extra milage on top than paying more for 10k miles

2) Here is my proposed Spec, with some questions about impact of few things on residuals/resale; advice GREATLY appreciated:
-Standard Black (but I hear it scratches more than metallic paint and should consider upgrade to metallic black??)
-Black partial leather interior
-Electric folding exterior mirrors
-Deletion of Model Designation

***Performance Battery Plus: Now I specced this as a reflex reaction but now I am wondering I don't need it for my useage and I can use a chunk of that £4k to maybe tweak some other options.
BUT is it "vital" for the resale value so is it a case of "if business lease then drop it, if PCP keep purely for residual/resale impact"?

-20-Inch Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels
-Windscreen with grey top-tint
-Privacy glass
-ParkAssist including Surround View
-4+1 Seats (for kids)
-Ambient lighting (looks nice)
-8-way comfort electric seats (do I really need 14 way? Only benefit I see is electric lumbar support and it is £1k for that)
-Seat Heating (front and rear) - for the kids
-Heated steering wheel
-Storage Package
-150kW DC on-board booster
-Supply cable for blue industrial electrical outlet (230V, 16A, 3 pin)

So I am not particularly fussed about the Panny roof as I quite like the "batmobile dark" vibe with the Ambient light accents but again will be something to add more for the residuals/resale appeal? I am flexible on this one - other advantage might be a little more headroom in back? Does look nice I agree.

I didn't add Air Suspension - only problem is the Demo cars all have it and I have anxiety that I may have any issues with speed bumps or reversing onto my driveway (normal dropped kerb)?

Would appreciate any "you really missed this" and feedback on Performance Battery, Panny Roof and Air Suspension please.

Caveat Emptor suggestions about business lease vs PCP through company also welcomed :)

Many thanks
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,

Suggest asking your accountant which is preferred between PCP or Business Lease - there will be advantages and disadvantages and may also be determined by personal circumstances.

I you lease then I'm guessing resale isn't a concern as this really only comes to the fore when paying for the vehicle personally.

In terms of spec:

1. Performance Battery + - expensive upgrade but for range anxious folk its a must and without it may impair future value (but not by the cost of the battery necessarily). Any PCP / Lease will factor this in so probably not something you'd want to get totally hung-up on. Personally, I'd always take PB+ and wouldn't consider a car without - regardless of how it is financed. Note that on the Cross Turismo the PB+ is the only one on offer now so this could be introduced on the saloon which may have a negative impact on cars without.

2. 14-ways seats adds memory settings and electric steering column adjustment - so more than you perhaps realise. Seats also come with an adjustable headrest - I don't think the standard ones do but check the standard specification to be sure.

3. Rear heated seats (front are standard) - I wouldn't pay extra but...

4. Electric folding mirrors (colour coded optional)

5. Industrial supply cable is an odd choice and you don't want 16A - 32A to max your onboard 11kW AC charger. Why do you need this - the car comes with the necessary cables for the PMC+ (std charger) and a 32A cable? You'll want a cable for public charging - so Mode 3 Public Charging cable for untethered public charge points. If you have an industrial setup at work then I understand the other selection but you still want 32A (it will charge faster).

6. Pano roof is 'essential' - the car will feel claustrophobic otherwise and particularly with an all black interior (look roof line + small windows = darkness). Resale necessary in my view. Slightly more headroom.

7. Air suspension is 'essential' - much better ride plus the smartlift function lets you programme regular sleeping policeman lifts. The car is fairly low to the ground and has a tendency to bottom out at the front in certain scenarios. Additionally, RANGE mode is optimised as it controls the ride height of the car to improve range - by how much not sure but places the car on its lowest possible setting (motorways). Useful in snow.

8. Black looks great but solid / metallic - both 'softer' and therefore potentially more prone to marks and swirl marks (from cleaning).

9. Partial leather vs Extended - expensive decision but worth it if budget permits. If not consider 2-tone - black / crayon (and option the crayon seat belts).

10. Tunes - no Bose? Major miss.

OP
OP

wigwam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6
Country flag
This is really helpful thank you
Responses I line

Hi,

Suggest asking your accountant which is preferred between PCP or Business Lease - there will be advantages and disadvantages and may also be determined by personal circumstances.

**Yes indeed. I received a previous reply about benefits of purchase/HP over Lease from tax POV but have also asked about differences between lease/contract hire vs PCP from business.
Reading this thread suggests both are treated same
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/outright-purchase-or-pcp.1810/

I you lease then I'm guessing resale isn't a concern as this really only comes to the fore when paying for the vehicle personally.

In terms of spec:

1. Performance Battery + - expensive upgrade but for range anxious folk its a must and without it may impair future value (but not by the cost of the battery necessarily). Any PCP / Lease will factor this in so probably not something you'd want to get totally hung-up on. Personally, I'd always take PB+ and wouldn't consider a car without - regardless of how it is financed. Note that on the Cross Turismo the PB+ is the only one on offer now so this could be introduced on the saloon which may have a negative impact on cars without.
** Fair point. I might just try to see what relative monthly would be with/without on the assumption I'm PCP'ing and so resale value isn't a consideration for me
If it doesn't bump cost particularly why not but otherwise I still can't see the point for my circumstances now I've looked at it from range lens (as I said it was the first thing I had ticked otherwise)

2. 14-ways seats adds memory settings and electric steering column adjustment - so more than you perhaps realise. Seats also come with an adjustable headrest - I don't think the standard ones do but check the standard specification to be sure.
**will do thanks. Yes sorry I knew there were other benefits I meant the only one I might particularly care about was the lumbar support:)

**Figured for £300 it's a nice perk for the kids.

5. Industrial supply cable is an odd choice and you don't want 16A - 32A to max your onboard 11kW AC charger. Why do you need this - the car comes with the necessary cables for the PMC+ (std charger) and a 32A cable? You'll want a cable for public charging - so Mode 3 Public Charging cable for untethered public charge points. If you have an industrial setup at work then I understand the other selection but you still want 32A (it will charge faster).
**see quite honestly I find that entire section completely bewildering. I figured it's a no-cost extra so why not get the additional 3 pin cable if I'm away somewhere and no charging ports but I could use the 3pin plug that was entirely the rationale "why not " to it

6. Pano roof is 'essential' - the car will feel claustrophobic otherwise and particularly with an all black interior (look roof line + small windows = darkness). Resale necessary in my view. Slightly more headroom.
**helpful thanks.

7. Air suspension is 'essential' - much better ride plus the smartlift function lets you programme regular sleeping policeman lifts. The car is fairly low to the ground and has a tendency to bottom out at the front in certain scenarios. Additionally, RANGE mode is optimised as it controls the ride height of the car to improve range - by how much not sure but places the car on its lowest possible setting (motorways). Useful in snow.
**that's really helpful thanks. I know I didn't need it for my driving style so to speak but it was the lift stuff I was concerned about

8. Black looks great but solid / metallic - both 'softer' and therefore potentially more prone to marks and swirl marks (from cleaning).
**yeah never had a black car before but swirls was a concern in either case....hhhmmm

9. Partial leather vs Extended - expensive decision but worth it if budget permits. If not consider 2-tone - black / crayon (and option the crayon seat belts).
**budget probably doesn't. We've toyed back and forth with the no-cost black/beige option too. I do like it all in black though!

**dunno. I'm not an audiophile and so far have always found stock sound options good enough for capital radio :)

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Had my car a week and so glad I specced air suspension with lift.

It's very low and I already bottomed it out on a sleeping policeman in a car park.

There are places I would not have got into (car park ramps for example) without it this week.

Other must haves imo for average UK owner...

Bose - probably

Pano Roof - probably

Larger battery - probably

Surround view for parking - definitely!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

It's very low and I already bottomed it out on a sleeping policeman in a car park.

There are places I would not have got into (car park ramps for example) without it this week.

Bose - probably

Pano Roof - probably

Oh forgot Power Steering Plus (can be FOD'd afterwards but more expensive) - essential too (speed sensitive steering).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This is really helpful thank you
Responses I line

Hi,

**Yes indeed. I received a previous reply about benefits of purchase/HP over Lease from tax POV but have also asked about differences between lease/contract hire vs PCP from business.
Reading this thread suggests both are treated same
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/outright-purchase-or-pcp.1810/

In terms of spec:

** Fair point. I might just try to see what relative monthly would be with/without on the assumption I'm PCP'ing and so resale value isn't a consideration for me
If it doesn't bump cost particularly why not but otherwise I still can't see the point for my circumstances now I've looked at it from range lens (as I said it was the first thing I had ticked otherwise)

**will do thanks. Yes sorry I knew there were other benefits I meant the only one I might particularly care about was the lumbar support:)

**Figured for £300 it's a nice perk for the kids.

**see quite honestly I find that entire section completely bewildering. I figured it's a no-cost extra so why not get the additional 3 pin cable if I'm away somewhere and no charging ports but I could use the 3pin plug that was entirely the rationale "why not " to it

**helpful thanks.

**that's really helpful thanks. I know I didn't need it for my driving style so to speak but it was the lift stuff I was concerned about

**yeah never had a black car before but swirls was a concern in either case....hhhmmm

**budget probably doesn't. We've toyed back and forth with the no-cost black/beige option too. I do like it all in black though!

**dunno. I'm not an audiophile and so far have always found stock sound options good enough for capital radio :)
Don't go beige - crayon is more popular...resale again - check the swatches out at your local dealer's.

OP
OP

wigwam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6
Country flag
Don't go beige - crayon is more popular...resale again - check the swatches out at your local dealer's.
Probably stick to all black with the ambient lighting tbh especially if I go Pano roof
I wasn't a fan of the beige myself I admit

OP
OP

wigwam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6
Country flag

Bose - probably

Pano Roof - probably

Current build with all these (except Bose):
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLMKP83

£84k inc £11k extras
Still ambivalent on the battery (but included as here as comprehensive spec);
I was more easily persuadable by the roof as it does look nice inside (although IMO looks better from outside without)
Air Suspention and Power Steeting Pro added to earlier spec

OP
OP

wigwam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6
Country flag

Does the lift work automatically as in car rides higher by sensing speed bumps etc and on ramps or do you have to manually lift/ button press?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Current build with all these (except Bose):
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLMKP83

£84k inc £11k extras
Still ambivalent on the battery (but included as here as comprehensive spec);
I was more easily persuadable by the roof as it does look nice inside (although IMO looks better from outside without)
Air Suspention and Power Steeting Pro added to earlier spec
Most folk will look for the roof - it goes well with the black exterior - tick the box!

If you must have the industrial connector (you'll never use it) then choose the 32A one to ensure you can max your 11 kW AC onboard charger, if you don't you'll miss out and charge at a much lower speed / rate. Mind you'll have to store it / keep in the car along with your Public cable already bundled.

Correct wheel choice - all good there!

Standard audio (unless you've heard it) will be disappointing. If the front seats are heated as standard then I'd sacrifice the kids (I'm sure they're spoilt already) and donate the funds to Bose - it makes Radio 4 sound crystal clear and again most people 'expect it'.

I wouldn't delete the model designation - people will know what it is as a result ;-) - if you decide to re-add consider gloss black to further your Batmobile theme.

I missed the LED PDLS+ headlights - can't believe the cost a further £816 but note that the dipped lights may not be LED (white) just the main and warm white instead. I'd check this out as it looks odd.

4+1 seats - do you need +1 - almost unusable as a seat and spoils the 2+2 look - I guess if you have 3 kids the 3rd has to go somewhere!

Overall 'nae bad' as we say in these parts!

Zetta

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo
Country flag
-8-way comfort electric seats (do I really need 14 way? Only benefit I see is electric lumbar support and it is £1k for that)

You also get the Memory Package with the 14-way and the comfort entry - the steering wheel goes up and the drivers seat goes back - it is really an usable option. If you use lumbar support in your current car, you will miss it. I had a demo ride in the 8-way seats, and for short drives they are ok, but nothing more,

Air suspension is a must. Also the demo Taycan had the steel springs. The car felt more like a 911 in case of comfort, than the Panamera. Only with air suspension you will get the carpet ride feeling - it is fantastic. Additional advantage is, that it goes up and down wherever you want it to do - and you can also save the gps position.

OP
OP

wigwam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6
Country flag
Thanks again
4+1 - yes there are 5 of us and on an extended demo we all piled into the car and will the little un in the middle it was fine :)

Model deletion wasn't to "hide" what it is to feel anyone into thinking it was a higher spec but I just like the unblemished appearance (honest guv!)

Rear heating yes I get that point but figure if I'm splurging £80k on myself...woops I meant if the company is acquiring such an expensive car for usage then I don't mind a small additional sacrifice for the passengers.
As it happened it was a request from a while back "in any future car if its an option can we have it?" So seemed like karma

That industrial lead actually the dealer told me to select that one not the 5 pin 32A that I had ticked.

RIGHT
Based on:
Defo get Air suspension, Pano Roof (agree re both) 14 way seat for the comfort access and memory...and Bose
I'm thinking tick all those boxes BUT fund it by deleting the extended battery (as I am almost certainly going with business lease so resale value is not really a concern and the 30mile range is neither here nor there?)
Why would I be making a mistake not using most of that £4k on these additional options instead?

Zetta

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo
Country flag
Air suspension, 14-way and Bose you will use and feel every time you drive.

Pano Roof is a nice to have, more to feel for the rear passengers.

How often you use the additional range can only be answered by yourself.

OP
OP

wigwam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6
Country flag
Thanks.
That's the rub- personally I can't see it making much of a difference to me at all it terms of range.
Furthest I would go is London and I'd probably stop once to charge on way anyway anyway...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks again
4+1 - yes there are 5 of us and on an extended demo we all piled into the car and will the little un in the middle it was fine :)

Model deletion wasn't to "hide" what it is to feel anyone into thinking it was a higher spec but I just like the unblemished appearance (honest guv!)

Rear heating yes I get that point but figure if I'm splurging £80k on myself...woops I meant if the company is acquiring such an expensive car for usage then I don't mind a small additional sacrifice for the passengers.
As it happened it was a request from a while back "in any future car if its an option can we have it?" So seemed like karma

That industrial lead actually the dealer told me to select that one not the 5 pin 32A that I had ticked.

RIGHT
Based on:
Defo get Air suspension, Pano Roof (agree re both) 14 way seat for the comfort access and memory...and Bose
I'm thinking tick all those boxes BUT fund it by deleting the extended battery (as I am almost certainly going with business lease so resale value is not really a concern and the 30mile range is neither here nor there?)
Why would I be making a mistake not using most of that £4k on these additional options instead?
So does that mean you have room for Rear Axle Steering (inclusive of PSP)...just kidding!

I'd challenge your dealer on his cable logic and where you might use it - go green, save the plant and spare the cable as you don't need it!

Nice spec and car!
Sponsored