OP
TaycanLDN

TaycanLDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD Volcano Grey Mission E
Country flag
Thank you for everyones input so far based on the advice I've changed the spec to the following price has stayed approx the same:

Volcano Grey Metallic
Leather Interior, Smooth-Finish Leather, Black
Electric folding exterior mirrors
Exterior Mirrors painted in exterior colour
Side Window Trims in Black (high-gloss)
‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights
Porsche Electric Sport Sound
Performance Battery Plus
Adaptive Air Suspension including Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Sport Chrono Package
Power Steering Plus
20-Inch Sport Aero Wheels
Panoramic fixed glass roof
Windscreen with Grey Top-Tint
Privacy Glass
Head-Up Display
ParkAssist including Surround View
Door Sill Guards brushed Aluminium in Black, illuminated
HomeLink®
4+1 Seats
Ambient Lighting
Comfort Seats in Front (8-Way, electric)
Crayon seat belts
Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front Seats)
'PORSCHE' Logo on Centre Console Storage Compartment Lid
BOSE® Surround Sound System
On-Board DC-Charger with 150 kW

Any further suggestions?

I've attached a pic of what the car will look like from the outside with this spec for reference (don't think the configurator does it justice).

Porsche Taycan Taycan RWD Spec Help Screenshot 2021-03-24 at 22.15.48
Sponsored

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Nice!

Very similar to mine but I can’t see past the silver window surrounds as I don’t (as a rule) like black. I have the black / crayon interior and crayon belts.

RAS - rear axle steering (includes Power Steering Plus) is a good option if budget permits (drop led logo, centre armrest logo for example).

PMCC vs PMC+ standard charger?

Longer home charging cable - 7m (free).

Matrix lights (wonderful but pricey).

Black stainless steel door inserts instead of silver (free option) - looks better as the silver is visible when the door is shut whereas black makes it more subtle.

Comfort Pack. / Driver Memory if not opting for the upgraded seats (default box to tick for me)

OP
OP
TaycanLDN

TaycanLDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD Volcano Grey Mission E
Country flag
Nice!

Very similar to mine but I can’t see past the silver window surrounds as I don’t (as a rule) like black. I have the black / crayon interior and crayon belts.

RAS - rear axle steering (includes Power Steering Plus) is a good option if budget permits (drop led logo, centre armrest logo for example).

PMCC vs PMC+ standard charger?

Longer home charging cable - 7m (free).

Matrix lights (wonderful but pricey).

Black stainless steel door inserts instead of silver (free option) - looks better as the silver is visible when the door is shut whereas black makes it more subtle.

Comfort Pack. / Driver Memory if not opting for the upgraded seats (default box to tick for me)

I think re the silver vs black window surrounds it's personal preference. We have it on our Cayenne and it looks great, but I want to go for black this time on the Taycan.

RAS - with RAS I understand its meant to change the turning angle making it easier for parking? Is that something you've noticed or not particularly - if there is a dramatic improvement in handling would compromise on Courtesy LED lights for it.

Do you have the PMCC charger - I was thinking of going for the PodPoint Charging System rather than the Porsche one as it seems more cost efficient with the OLEV grant? Was there a reason you chose to have the PMCC? If I got the PMCC I would also want to get the wall docking system.

Longer home charging cable - 7m (free) - good shout will defo add that on!

Matrix lights - is there a visual difference in the headlights between the matrix and standard LED, is it brighter/more aesthetic?

Black stainless steel door inserts instead of silver (free option) - Is that the door sill? It just have got deleted when I copied the spec over, I've opted for the black illuminated door sills, the black one looks much better than the silver I agree.

Driver Memory - to be honest I'm going to be the primary user, on rare occasion others may use but would rather allot the money to something else?

Still considering between all black vs black/crayon like yours - will have a look when showroom opens at both options

Electric Charging Port Cover - did you include this in yours? I see it as more of a gimmick rather than practical at the moment...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
RAS - great for assisting parking (shortens turning circle) as rear wheels turn in opposite direction (by a small degree) during manoeuvres and at speed they turn in the same direction which makes the car feel so sure footed its untrue. Not a ‘must have’ but when coupled with power steering plus it makes it more attractive in terms of cost.

I’ve never had it on another car before but now that I have I won’t go without it (I have some tight parking in an underground where RAS is helpful).

I got lucky with the PMCC as it was free last quarter 2020 due to supply issues with the PMC+ and so saved £767. I also got the wall dock and 7m cable. PMCC is 22kW capable but this requires a) onboard 22kW AC charger (very expensive for what it is) and b) a 3 phase electrical supply at home. I have single phase in the garage on a 32A dedicated circuit from my fuse box which gives me 7.4kW of charge power and is perfect for overnight charging / top-ups (you really don’t need any more). Clearly, 22kW would be faster but the costs are not justifiable for home use - helped if you already have 3 phase of course but a definite ‘no’ if not.

Public charging at 22kW AC will fully utilise your standard onboard 11kW AC charger which is a last resort really when on the road. Therefore 50kW DC (standard), 350kW DC (270Kw in reality) is nirvana if you can find it but standard for the car, and the optional 150kW DC 400V is a must have option as these chargers are growing in UK and without the option you can’t get 150kW (battery is 800V and so this option converts 400V DC to 800V DC for very fast charging).

Both have the option to use a 13A 3-pin plug connector but this is really for when you are off-grid and have no other options available (3.4kW) - glacial charging, 50% will take 2 days. So a measure of last resort.

The PMC+ does the same as PMCC and is connected via WiFi but the max charge (I think) is 9.6kW - absolutely perfect for home charging needs.

Portability (both are) is a challenge - PMCC is heavier and has a deeper profile and so sits perfectly within the dock. From the pictures I’ve seen PMC+ is thinner and sits recessed within the dock and aesthetically looks odd.

Both dock / undock in the same way and come with standard wall mounts and so wall dock or pedestal is optional.

PMC+ being thinner is lighter and therefore more “portable”.

I only have the 1 charger and never undock it.

90% of my charging is at home overnight and on longer journey’s I’ll source a 50kW DC minimum and get 80% from 30% in around an hour. Looking forward to forecourt 150kW charging as this will enable short stops and longer range.

Now that I have it I will keep it and when I get my next Taycan Cross / Sport T I’ll donate the then standard charger.

Unless you particularly have a requirement for 2 chargers then there is no need to buy a non-Porsche one given you get one free with the car.

No grants for Porsche period - not on the cars or on their charger. But when I looked at this it was cost neutral with or without grant for the equivalent (22kW capable) charger so wasn’t bothered.

Budget £500 to have a dedicated 32A feed from your fuse box installed by a qualified electrician and you’ll be well set up (unless you have / go 3 phase to get full 11kW or 22kW noting the onboard AC option for the car above).

Black door sills (sorry) but illuminated (not for me!).

Matrix look similar but the four ‘spots’ you see are different (broader and contain the matrix - 80 LEDs I think). Speed sensitive and sensitive to street lights which is clever. You have auto high / low beam as standard but with matrix you get cornering lights and individual LEDs lighting up road signs automatically (and objects if you have night vision) and so on. Unless illuminated door sills and LED Porsche logo projector in the mirrors are your thing go for matrix (more desirable 2nd hand). Door mirrors have LED puddle lamps as standard remember.

I have the electric charging port covers and one has failed already due to the AC charger port failing. It was a pain but now cured. They are pretty cool however and automatically retract when you remove the charging cable. I just think the standard covers are a bit dorky. It’s the only gimmicky thing I went for but I can sort of justify it.

RickDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Performance battery - I spent a while thinking should I or shouldn’t I because everyone is saying it is something mandatory, but a £4k add on for an extra 30 miles just doesn’t seem worth it. I get that there’s the extra horsepower as well but I’m going to be using the car for commuting fo work and socially and will be able to charge the car at home every night when I come home. Also 4k could let you add on a lot of other options.

I’ve included PASM in the spec due to the low ride of the Taycan - wanted to reduce the risk of the bottom of the car touching speed bumps in residential areas.

PSP I am still considering, but with a car like the Taycan I would assume that the steering response would already be quite sensitive and light. Test driving would definitely confirm whether to include or not. The inability to test drive is very irritating - just want to take the car for a spin, would help with a lot of decisions.

Can I ask which centre you are dealing with? I have been in contact with 1 or 2 but was getting the same response on negotiability on both.
Agreed the performance battery only provides 30 more miles, not an increase in acceleration 0-60, the additional horse power and torque does’t make any difference. I think the car is limited to push people towards 4S.
Sponsored