Sport chrono clock

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
This is probably a stupid question… But is is possible the get the sport chrono clock to do anything other than tick round the second hand? I know there’s a digital display and you can use it as a stopwatch, but can you get it to just tell the time? Like an ordinary watch? Or can you only do that by paying an extra £1500 for the sport design clock?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Midlifecrisis

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My mistake… it is only £700 more than the ordinary sport chrono clock

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
I selected porsche designed sport chrono, which is about double price on the normal sport chrono, but I don't know how does it look in real, from the picture, it looks like a normal clock, with two arms? anyone knows, if it can show the time as normal clock?

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
I selected porsche designed sport chrono, which is about double price on the normal sport chrono, but I don't know how does it look in real, from the picture, it looks like a normal clock, with two arms? anyone knows, if it can show the time as normal clock?
The same but different background. On the CT, I took the compass which will be at least a bit more useful than the chronometer.

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
Sales guy told me this is porsche designed SC, and those two ARMs are for hours and minutes.
anyone could confirm it?

Porsche Taycan Sport chrono clock SC

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I want to know if I can get rid of the clock somehow. I wanted the GT steering wheel and Sport Plus mode but not the clock.
I'd probably opt for no clock as well - cleaner dash look. However, given I cannot select the chrono package without it, I plan to choose the compass option (same price) as I have no use for a single hand second clock. An actual time telling clock would be nice, but it's over $1,100 more to upgrade, so no. There is also a chance I will just rip out the compass and add my own display in that shrouded space, perhaps for the integrated radar detector/laser jammers. I'll keep it to put back for when I'm selling it.

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
I'd probably opt for no clock as well - cleaner dash look. However, given I cannot select the chrono package without it, I plan to choose the compass option (same price) as I have no use for a single hand second clock. An actual time telling clock would be nice, but it's over $1,100 more to upgrade, so no. There is also a chance I will just rip out the compass and add my own display in that shrouded space, perhaps for the integrated radar detector/laser jammers. I'll keep it to put back for when I'm selling it.
Integrated radar detector would be really fun! looking forward to your work!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Where is the compass option?
I found it when configuring the CT in the USA, where the performance package includes chrono with a choice of regular or compass. I just realized that it does tell time according to the description, it's just digital time. I wonder if it's only available on a CT, intended as an off-road option.
Porsche Taycan Sport chrono clock 1630961131571

Last edited:
Reactions: B61
OP
OP
Midlifecrisis

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think I probably just managed to delete someone's post about the compass - sorry.
How do I select the compass? I think it is only on the CT, not the standard Taycan. So if I want the mode switch it appears I am stuck with the daft stopwatch second hand or double the price for a clock. Not a good choice.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I think I probably just managed to delete someone's post about the compass - sorry.
How do I select the compass? I think it is only on the CT, not the standard Taycan. So if I want the mode switch it appears I am stuck with the daft stopwatch second hand or double the price for a clock. Not a good choice.
Compass only on CT.
Although I would like to see what the updated 2022 Chrono clock looks like.
Sponsored