Sport chrono questions

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
First time Porsche owner here since two days.

I've got the sports chrono package with knob on the steering wheel and tried to make sense of all the settings. I'm aware of the variants normal, sport etc., but I don't understand how the settings in the pcm can be edited.

The car always start in default mode "Normal", but when Porsche hand over the keys the suspension was in sport plus. I thought let's change it all to normal and customize it a little and lower the car, switch on regeneration and the sound. Apparently just a few settings are saved. The suspension setting was saved, but not sound or regen.

I understand that individual is the setting to use for personal preferences, but why are the variants partially editable? For me this doesn't make sense.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
For me this doesn't make sense.
yes it makes no sense. Porsche needs to do better in this space, but to my knowledge there is no ‘fix”. Only some settings can be saved while others will be reset every time the vehicle is started. it’s frustrating. but that is how it currently works.

Gambler

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4
Country flag
Yep. Same here even without the chrono every time I step in, I have to push the sport button at the center! At least suspensions stay in sport, just the drive mode, is one not saved.

Gstahl

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS and others
Country flag
My absolute guess is that this behavior comes from ICE behavior where emissions agencies require the default engine mode to be the one the car is tested under… otherwise one could have a eco test mode that no one really ever drives. I would guess the PCM software behavior is shared. My 2 cents.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
My absolute guess is that this behavior comes from ICE behavior where emissions agencies require the default engine mode to be the one the car is tested under… otherwise one could have a eco test mode that no one really ever drives. I would guess the PCM software behavior is shared. My 2 cents.
Correct
WLTP requires the mode being tested in as the default on startup

OP
OP

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Yep. Same here even without the chrono every time I step in, I have to push the sport button at the center! At least suspensions stay in sport, just the drive mode, is one not saved.
And the sound and the regen. Both are off when restarting the car.

Quite annoying procedure to leave your garage:
- Switch car on
- Push dedicted button in homelink to open the door
- Put car in reverse
- Switch camera mode, because my walls and pavement are straight not bend.
- Drive out of garage
- Outside, close camera view to go back to homelink
- Push dedicated button in homelink to close teh door
- Push button parking assist to startup camera again to drive onto the road.
- Switch camera again (I think, owned the car for four days)
- Drive off
- Change sport chrono mode
- Switch on the light, because I love the big red illuminated bar in the back ;)

Thankfully I love my new car.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
plus wait for car play to link up.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I burned the IC shortcut button for Homelink - so you can ignore those related steps. But I may switch that to electric sound (currently on the steering wheel button) and use the steering wheel button for next track. I have a dip at my driveway - just enough to scrape when the suspension is at its lowest point. With Smartlift, I now have the car lifted when I get home and leave - so I wait until after I've cleared that dip to turn to individual drive mode and that takes care of electric sound, regen, chassis height, suspension and drive mode all in three clicks from normal. The default mode for Park Assist cameras works for me, and I'm using Bluetooth for audio, not Car Play, so my exit routine is much shorter. Guess I have to consider myself fortunate.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Is there also another mode then? I only found the checkbox to auto engage park assist sensors.
To clarify my comment - the default camera view/perspective works for me - I don't wish to change the perspective when backing out of my garage.
Sponsored