First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
Congrats!
In your production line picture, the window trim is silver, but then it’s black on final car. Does it mean that when they say it’s an exclusive manufaktur thingy, someone actually pulls off the standard trim and replaces it?? Even when black as standard on a GTS? 🤨

EDIT - might just be protection film 😅🤦🏼‍♂️
Sponsored

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Congrats!
In your production line picture, the window trim is silver, but then it’s black on final car. Does it mean that when they say it’s an exclusive manufaktur thingy, someone actually pulls off the standard trim and replaces it?? Even when black as standard on a GTS? 🤨

EDIT - might just be protection film 😅🤦🏼‍♂️
Car window trim is ALWAYS covered in protective film from the factory and usually peeled off upon delivery to dealership as part of the 'prepping' of the vehicle before the customer takes delivery.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Nice! And you have ticked the electric side badge! Rock on.

Really interested to know more about your feeling towards PTV+. I have never driven one without it so wouldn't know what it feels like without it. In what driving situation/speed do you feel the difference, and is it a enhancement overall?

Rob70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Cayenne S, Taycan GTS due March
Country flag
Looks stunning, I have been really struggling with colour choice on my Gts St. do you mind me asking when you ordered it snd from which dealership?
I placed my deposit in October with Notts (2nd on list) been told now q2 next year 🤬

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Out of interest, what did you do with the old 4S? Trade in, private sale, dealer? And what sort of price compared to purchase?

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Lovely car.

Not jealous in the slightest. Not one bit.

😁

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
It’s worth the wait, what an epic drive, feels very different to my old 4s. The 21” wheels, gts tune suspension and the torque vectoring makes a real difference. Very focused by I am surprised that it’s not lacking in comfort and any harshness to the ride is very well damped.

the colour takes a bit of getting used too….
Congratulations

Something tells me that you will grow fond of the color.

So, mine is a 4S with all suspension options, including torque vectoring, and 21" wheels, so it sounds like the only difference between ours would be the GTS tuning. I wonder how noticeable that is? Tell you what, next time you are in DC, I'll let you drive mine if you let me drive yours the next time I'm in Scotland, and then drinks all around (after completion of driving of course). Deal? haha

OP
OP
jetbox

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Congratulations

Something tells me that you will grow fond of the color.

So, mine is a 4S with all suspension options, including torque vectoring, and 21" wheels, so it sounds like the only difference between ours would be the GTS tuning. I wonder how noticeable that is? Tell you what, next time you are in DC, I'll let you drive mine if you let me drive yours the next time I'm in Scotland, and then drinks all around (after completion of driving of course). Deal? haha
Deal! Need to get more miles on the car to really feel the difference, it’s subtle but a great upgrade in handling without any downsides that I can notice….

OP
OP
jetbox

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Out of interest, what did you do with the old 4S? Trade in, private sale, dealer? And what sort of price compared to purchase?
I sold it a few months back through an online trader system and got what I pqid for it.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Deal! Need to get more miles on the car to really feel the difference, it’s subtle but a great upgrade in handling without any downsides that I can notice….
Im all in. And I’m not even joking. Just let me know and I’m all in!

OP
OP
jetbox

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Another early observation….

the new software, it just works great, all set up and logged in without any glitches, more colourful, responsive and just works….. big improvement on two years ago with one of the first 4s’s. Also the app is much better too, it just works… good job porsche

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Looks great!

I'll no doubt see it out and about in Aberdeen.

I was informed by the Centre earlier in the week that I won't get my allocation for a GTS ST this year (delivery for Nov'22) having started my deposit journey in Sep'21. Anyone putting a deposit down now will be waiting 18 months (apparently).

Enjoy!

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Looks great!

I'll no doubt see it out and about in Aberdeen.

I was informed by the Centre earlier in the week that I won't get my allocation for a GTS ST this year (delivery for Nov'22) having started my deposit journey in Sep'21. Anyone putting a deposit down now will be waiting 18 months (apparently).

Enjoy!
Morning

i have a line direct into Porsche UK. 18 months is optimistic at best. I’ll be 18 months + by the time mine appears - best case scenario having ordered not long after you. The issue for me the is to wait for MY24 which could be when the facelift appears.
Sponsored