Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
Weird, porsche exeter told me they couldn’t sell their demos for at least 6 months, i had assumed this was the same for all opc’s.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Weird, porsche exeter told me they couldn’t sell their demos for at least 6 months, i had assumed this was the same for all opc’s.
Depends what other demo cars they have and when a replacement arrives. Not normal to have a demo for each model either.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
The ad' notes available August (I think it may have said Sept before). Car was registered in Feb, so fits the 6mth bill :)

I looked again at the spec identified on the Porsche Approved Used site, and what's noted on there adds up to £123k or so...maybe something's missing from the spec sheet.

It's a nice car...but 2yr warranty, almost certainly the older PCM, std GTS interior rather than the funky one and it's a saloon.

Adz_1990

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4, VW T6, Turbo S CT, Cayenne Hybrid (due)
Country flag
Porsche are able to sell used cars including demonstrators over list, and do quite often.

Should they sell a new showroom car over list.... I imagine Porsche UK would not be too happy!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Specs won't be 100% correct (normally).

PCM - update may still be available as none of us know with 100% certainty that it won't be.

No mention of any charging options (could just be plain and standard) but I'd query that for sure.

Prep for rear seat entertainment isn't actually listed on the configurator but listed on the spec of the car - odd.

Either way the price does appear inflated from the listed spec. It could be it is priced to discourage given availability is not until 30/9/22 or indeed a mistake. I still don't think it would be sold at this inflated price nor will it be the sticker price when it becomes available for sale.

I also note that it is listed as VAT deductible - which means this is a car that has previously been owned by a business or is a brand-new car from a main franchiser. A VAT Registered individual or company buying the car solely for business use or for export outside of the EU can reclaim the 20% VAT from the purchase price. This would be £22.5K on this car implying it could be bought for £112.5K which is more realistic.

Not the best colour for UK (looks dull in our climate) IMHO.

Don't be tempted!

Adz_1990

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I imagine it would be listed at the price, and at the moment they would probably get it.

Take the lovely Oak Green CT that an OPC has offered £3k over list for as an opening bid. £110k car with 300 miles on, I'd guess that would be up for £125k retail.

I know some demo cars are being reserved/sold months before they are available, list price as a minimum.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Prep for rear seat entertainment isn't actually listed on the configurator but listed on the spec of the car - odd.

I also note that it is listed as VAT deductible - which means this is a car that has previously been owned by a business or is a brand-new car from a main franchiser. A VAT Registered individual or company buying the car solely for business use or for export outside of the EU can reclaim the 20% VAT from the purchase price. This would be £22.5K on this car implying it could be bought for £112.5K which is more realistic.

Not the best colour for UK (looks dull in our climate) IMHO.

Don't be tempted!
The rear seat entertainment option is "launch spec" cars I believe. Early dealer demonstrators.

I'm not buying through a company now, so the VAT it is neither here nor there...

And that colour looks stunning in the metal... It's my preferred choice. Family want Gentian (which I also like... But the wheels get lost. Weiss Gold might sort that).

But I'm holding tight at present. Spending this much wedge, the spec needs to be right. If it was an ST then I may be more tempted. But I'd still prefer the GTS special interior too.

OP
OP
3Tys

3Tys

First Name
Tyrone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3RS, BMW M3 Clubsport, Taycan GTS ST, Tesla 3
Country flag
Artex wouldn't be my first choice of interior material... but I'm sure it's lovely :oops:
Not me either. Would have opted for crayon. But to be honest. Its verg well suited!

OP
OP
3Tys

3Tys

First Name
Tyrone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I imagine it would be listed at the price, and at the moment they would probably get it.

Take the lovely Oak Green CT that an OPC has offered £3k over list for as an opening bid. £110k car with 300 miles on, I'd guess that would be up for £125k retail.

I know some demo cars are being reserved/sold months before they are available, list price as a minimum.
This one was £125k. There are a few other bits such rear seat entertainment prep, attached is spec

Porsche Taycan Collection Day today - white Taycan GTS Sport Turismo 80F6E309-3753-4D00-A66B-60DAF307BD9C

Adz_1990

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This one was £125k. There are a few other bits such rear seat entertainment prep, attached is spec

80F6E309-3753-4D00-A66B-60DAF307BD9C.png
It's a lovely spec! Very lucky to nab a showroom car at list price for immediate collection, hats off!

I'm still waiting for my CT Turbo S, have a funny feeling a year may come and go since deposit paid, but hopefully not and it will arrive late April/early May.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The demo cars seem quite similar in spec from what I've seen....some decent options, but also stuff missing that I'd find handier than things like the passenger display (4+1 seats as an example).

Lovely car though.

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
Not me either. Would have opted for crayon. But to be honest. Its verg well suited!
Yes, it is a lovely looking interior. I was just picking up on a typo, I guess nobody else has spotted that you inadvertently put 'Artex' interior instead of 'Race-tex'.... maybe I'm the only one old enough to remember that stuff ?

Porsche Taycan Collection Day today - white Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Artex_Textured_Finish_Ready_Mixed_5ltr-1

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes, it is a lovely looking interior. I was just picking up on a typo, I guess nobody else has spotted that you inadvertently put 'Artex' interior instead of 'Race-tex'.... maybe I'm the only one old enough to remember that stuff ?

Artex_Textured_Finish_Ready_Mixed_5ltr-1.jpeg
...or we were all being uncharacteristically polite to point it out ?

OP
OP
3Tys

3Tys

First Name
Tyrone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The demo cars seem quite similar in spec from what I've seen....some decent options, but also stuff missing that I'd find handier than things like the passenger display (4+1 seats as an example).

Lovely car though.
I agree. Passenger display isnt worth it.
rear steer is really good.
Insulated glass not worth it
Sponsored