Carlos

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I won't name the dealer because in truth I'm not that arsed and the car more than makes up for it, but this was my collection experience...

My Taycan GTS arrived in the UK 2 weeks ago. I was going on holiday so didn't collect until yesterday. Before I went away I visited my Porsche centre to sign the paperwork. I was asked if I'd like a 'sneak peak' which I jumped at. The dealer took me out the back, the car wasn't there, we had a wonder round the front and found it at one of the chargers. The car was filthy, like really grubby...and it had a massive bird crap on the front passenger side. I was a bit gutted to see it like this for the first time and was amazed the dealer allowed me to see it like this, but understood it wasn't collection day and thought things would be better when I picked the car up for real.

Quick side note to say that last year when I collected my used Porsche the collection experience was amazing. I took my son who loved the whole reveal with the black cover and red bow. It felt really special and he loved it.

Yesterday I arrived and the GTS was waiting in the usual collection room but it wasn't wrapped in the black cover for any kind of reveal. My son was a bit gutted but not a big deal. We had a walk around the car and my wife instantly pointed out a big stain on the front passenger side. It was the remains of the bird crap that I'd seen 2 weeks ago. I could see lots of white flakes all over the front light and the paint had gone darker where the s**t had been. Pretty sure they'd just rubbed it off with a dry cloth. I pointed it out and someone came in to try and clean it. They couldn't remove it so the car was taken round the back to be cleaned.

It came back 15 mins later and the bird crap had gone but now I had a keener eye looking around the car and the whole thing was dirty. Mud on the front bumper, a stain on one of the back seats, just nowhere near showroom/collection condition.

By this time I was getting a bit wound up but I didn't want to ruin the day for my son and kept quiet. We sat in the car to set the PCM up and after 20 mins of it not loading I was told it would probably need a hard re-set and this couldn't be done on weekends. At this point I made it clear how disappointed I was. They’d had 2 weeks to sort all of this and the day was ruined. Collecting a 115k car should feel special, this felt like I was buying a used car from Harrys Motors.

The dealer apologised and the manager came out to offer his apologies as well. One of the technicians came out to have one last go at getting the PCM started and it worked straightaway without him doing anything.

Thankfully we were able to take the car home and the first drive made all disappointment fade away. It's the best car I've ever driven and this is coming from a 2019 992 Carrera S.

I'll post another thread with some images (after I spent and hour cleaning it!)
Sponsored

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I won't name the dealer because in truth I'm not that arsed and the car more than makes up for it, but this was my collection experience...

My Taycan GTS arrived in the UK 2 weeks ago. I was going on holiday so didn't collect until yesterday. Before I went away I visited my Porsche centre to sign the paperwork. I was asked if I'd like a 'sneak peak' which I jumped at. The dealer took me out the back, the car wasn't there, we had a wonder round the front and found it at one of the chargers. The car was filthy, like really grubby...and it had a massive bird crap on the front passenger side. I was a bit gutted to see it like this for the first time and was amazed the dealer allowed me to see it like this, but understood it wasn't collection day and thought things would be better when I picked the car up for real.

Quick side note to say that last year when I collected my used Porsche the collection experience was amazing. I took my son who loved the whole reveal with the black cover and red bow. It felt really special and he loved it.

Yesterday I arrived and the GTS was waiting in the usual collection room but it wasn't wrapped in the black cover for any kind of reveal. My son was a bit gutted but not a big deal. We had a walk around the car and my wife instantly pointed out a big stain on the front passenger side. It was the remains of the bird crap that I'd seen 2 weeks ago. I could see lots of white flakes all over the front light and the paint had gone darker where the s**t had been. Pretty sure they'd just rubbed it off with a dry cloth. I pointed it out and someone came in to try and clean it. They couldn't remove it so the car was taken round the back to be cleaned.

It came back 15 mins later and the bird crap had gone but now I had a keener eye looking around the car and the whole thing was dirty. Mud on the front bumper, a stain on one of the back seats, just nowhere near showroom/collection condition.

By this time I was getting a bit wound up but I didn't want to ruin the day for my son and kept quiet. We sat in the car to set the PCM up and after 20 mins of it not loading I was told it would probably need a hard re-set and this couldn't be done on weekends. At this point I made it clear how disappointed I was. They’d had 2 weeks to sort all of this and the day was ruined. Collecting a 115k car should feel special, this felt like I was buying a used car from Harrys Motors.

The dealer apologised and the manager came out to offer his apologies as well. One of the technicians came out to have one last go at getting the PCM started and it worked straightaway without him doing anything.

Thankfully we were able to take the car home and the first drive made all disappointment fade away. It's the best car I've ever driven and this is coming from a 2019 992 Carrera S.

I'll post another thread with some images (after I spent and hour cleaning it!)
No excuse for handing a vehicle over like that. I'd want some serious dealer goodies all weather mats boot liner etc as compensation and them pay for proper detailing including paint correction etc.

Hull?

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
That sounds pretty awful and I would have struggled to remain calm too. I feel very sorry for yourself and your son. Hope he forgets it quickly and you both enjoy the new Porsche.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Pretty dismal indeed and more power to you for staying calm and seeing the positives - agree the dealer needs to step up with some offsets, to say the least! That said, congrats on the new ride :)
Sponsored