Storage package!!

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I just noticed a nifty little storage area under the front seat center console. Apparently this is part of the "storage package" - an obscure (to me at least) option that I forgot I'd checked. Nice place to put your sunglasses and/or any other knick-knacks that you want to put down.

It's baffling why this isn't standard, but at $280, it's a no-brainer. Highly recommended to anyone configuring a new build.
Sponsored

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Does anyone have any pictures? I missed this when I ordered but wondering if I can retro fit anything to hold my phone

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Yeah it is a nice option, but unfortunately it also adds a big plastic box in the middle of the rear seats. Does anyone know if it is possible to remove this when the car is delivered?

And if you drive fresh, aren’t the things in the front seat center console moving around?

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Does anyone have any pictures? I missed this when I ordered but wondering if I can retro fit anything to hold my phone
i asked a couple of weeks ago if it could be retro fitted on my Turbo And they called me back to say that it would require thefront carpets etc being changed so would be very expensive!

When I was building my car there were no pics and limited info on the configurator
Now it's been updated And I i would have added the option

there is nowhere to put your phone and charge it apart from thecup holder

the arm rest isn't a convenient place for it either

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
Yeah it is a nice option, but unfortunately it also adds a big plastic box in the middle of the rear seats. Does anyone know if it is possible to remove this when the car is delivered?

And if you drive fresh, aren’t the things in the front seat center console moving around?
I believe the plastic box you are referring to is the "standard" rear bin. The only way to remove (that I am aware of) is to spec the rear seat 2+1 option. There is a separate thread on that with I believe some pictures, etc.

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
The bag hook in the trunk/boot is also a part of the package as far as I am informed.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I believe the plastic box you are referring to is the "standard" rear bin. The only way to remove (that I am aware of) is to spec the rear seat 2+1 option. There is a separate thread on that with I believe some pictures, etc.
No, it this plastic bin in the rear foot area that I’m talking about. It’s a part of the Storage Package right? With 3 kids in the back it’s not that practical so that’s why I didn’t order it.

Porsche Taycan Storage package!! 1599283827036

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
No, it this plastic bin in the rear foot area that I’m talking about. It’s a part of the Storage Package right? With 3 kids in the back it’s not that practical so that’s why I didn’t order it.

1599283827036.png
Do you still get that in the footwell if you have 3 x rear seats?

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you still get that in the footwell if you have 3 x rear seats?
Yes, the picture is from an owner who has 2+1 seats in the back.
All the other stuff in the Storage Package is nice though...

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
Is this standard on Turbo S? I never saw this actual option available I think . Hope I didn't miss it or something

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag

The plastic box is standard. If you check the 2+1 box or now on 2021 spec 4+1 then this is leather and you get the 5th middle seat. the seat itself is a bit pointless but the leather looks better than the plastic

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
Aah dammit I didn't order the storage pack. I really like being able to tie stuff down in the trunk with a net in my current car, and that cubby in the front behind the screen looks useful for sunnies.

Not worth delaying my order over, but I'm going to see if it's too late to add to the spec.

Edit: but that extra tray in the back seems silly with the 2+1 seats. Hmm
Sponsored