PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Aah dammit I didn't order the storage pack. I really like being able to tie stuff down in the trunk with a net in my current car, and that cubby in the front behind the screen looks useful for sunnies.

Not worth delaying my order over, but I'm going to see if it's too late to add to the spec.

Edit: but that extra tray in the back seems silly with the 2+1 seats. Hmm
Exactly! I don’t want that plastic bin in the rear foot area, so will save the money and have to make room for my sunnies in the center console compartment where the phone also can charge.
Sponsored

Talisker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo S, 20 Taycan Turbo, 23 Taycan Turbo S ST
Country flag
I just noticed a nifty little storage area under the front seat center console. Apparently this is part of the "storage package" - an obscure (to me at least) option that I forgot I'd checked. Nice place to put your sunglasses and/or any other knick-knacks that you want to put down.

It's baffling why this isn't standard, but at $280, it's a no-brainer. Highly recommended to anyone configuring a new build.
I just wish the front console storage had NFC (wireless) charging for mobile phones, like you get in an Audi.

Reactions: dan

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
The bag hook in the trunk/boot is also a part of the package as far as I am informed.
Yes it is, and I find it extremely useful as it keeps my grocery bags from dancing around and spreading their content all over the trunk:like:

Last edited:

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah it is a nice option, but unfortunately it also adds a big plastic box in the middle of the rear seats. Does anyone know if it is possible to remove this when the car is delivered?

And if you drive fresh, aren’t the things in the front seat center console moving around?
The plastic box in middle of rear seats isn't part of storage package, its the 2 rear seats standard option, if you check 4+1 seat ie 5th seat on configurator it replaces the plastic box with smooth leather

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
Some guys are talking about charging your phone in the area behind the console. Is there a charge point in that area or will you have to have a cable coming out of the middle armrest compartment?

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Some guys are talking about charging your phone in the area behind the console. Is there a charge point in that area or will you have to have a cable coming out of the middle armrest compartment?
You need to have a cable coming out of the armrest. We did this with my wife's phone. It worked out well, the cable wasn't too squeezed by the armrest cover.

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
You need to have a cable coming out of the armrest. We did this with my wife's phone. It worked out well, the cable wasn't too squeezed by the armrest cover.
Thank you.

I personally don't like the idea of the messiness of an exposed cable. Unless there is a neat way of running it.
Sponsored

Last edited: