Take a new 2024 or wait for a 2025?

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Tesla 3, Taycan
Country flag
OK. Need some advice. I wandered into a dealership a few weeks ago for my two year service and was offered a pull ahead on my current lease and about $22,000 off RWD my dealer had coming in. I decided to take them up on it. Unfortunately, that car has been sitting at the port for several weeks due to this microchip issue and there’s no sign of it being released. Now you can a 2025. Is a better just to wait for the new technology at this point? Not sure I get $22,000 off again but can probably make up most of it via the $7500 Porsche rebate, and some discounting I imagine, the EV market remains soft, so I imagine Porsche will remain somewhat aggressive on pricing. Even if I lose the steeper discount they were using to account for the upcoming refresh.
Sponsored

Last edited:

StevenB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Taycan RWD
Country flag
If you still have the choice I would definitely go for a new one. The new RWD gets way more standard equipment (air suspension, larger battery, sports chrono...) which you needed to pay extra for in the 2024. I configured a new RWD in the new configurator and it came out 10k cheaper than my current RWD with the same options. Also, the new RWD is faster, charges faster, goes further and will depreciate less...

24Neptune

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Porsche Taycan RWD, 2024 Audi SQ5 Prestige
Country flag
I would also wait. Leased RWD a few weeks ago, not realizing that 2025 announcement was imminent. Part of me wishes I’d waited. 😊

axpy

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD
Country flag
If you still have the choice I would definitely go for a new one. The new RWD gets way more standard equipment (air suspension, larger battery, sports chrono...) which you needed to pay extra for in the 2024. I configured a new RWD in the new configurator and it came out 10k cheaper than my current RWD with the same options. Also, the new RWD is faster, charges faster, goes further and will depreciate less...
Interested in what you have because I just checked and my lightly optioned 23 RWD ST come up as ~9k € cheaper than the 25. (18-way heated/cooled, matrix LED, RAS, air, Bose, PTV, 4+1). The increased battery size and charging speed is nice but is it 9k nicer? Maybe but IMO it's certainly not 31k nicer. If you can still get the 22k rebate, I would go for the MY24.

Last edited:

Irv09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020; Panamera GTS; 911
Country flag
If you plan on keeping the car for greater than 5 years, I would wait. If you are looking at this for short term, then I would take advantage of the incentives being offered. The larger battery of the 2025 model is a nice upgrade. The other advantage of the 2025 model is that the IT or software division has undergone a change that should be positive and the 2025 model will take advantage of some software changes.

OP
OP
biohoodc

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great points above. I don’t plan to keep the car for more than three years. And the dealer has confirmed there’s no way that I come close to 22K off on the 2025.

Irv09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you have built in the price in your budget, then I would get the current model. I configured a 2025 Turbo and it was $203,000; basically a Turbo S. In 2027, Porsche may have a real OTA routine for the car and waiting will be worth it.

OP
OP
biohoodc

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you have built in the price in your budget, then I would get the current model. I configured a 2025 Turbo and it was $203,000; basically a Turbo S. In 2027, Porsche may have a real OTA routine for the car and waiting will be worth it.
To be clear - You’re suggesting to take the 2024 at the port.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Not quite your case, but I have been considering a used Taycan or a 2025. I decided to go for a 2025 because of the range bump. One of the regular trips I make is at the edge of the range of the Taycan. Having some extra range will make all the difference for me. If I didn't make that trip regularly, I probably would have gone with a used Taycan.

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
I'm very biased because I have extrapolated my small sample size experience into a conviction that the final year of model runs are way more reliable than the first year of new model runs. As you say you don't plan to keep it more than three years, perhaps that doesn't matter so much to you.

But I will go against the crowd and vote for taking the 2024 primarily for this reason.

Irv09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To be clear - You’re suggesting to take the 2024 at the port.
Yes, I would take the 2024 at the port. I also agree with violuma in that new is not always the best in terms of growing pains. I learned that with my 2020 Taycan Turbo.

Taycan2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Vogue SE & Mercedes S-Class
Country flag
I also am someone for whom there is a regular journey I do that the current Taycan just does not quite have the range for, you can do it, but it’s stressful - especially in winter! If I had know about the details of the new one a couple months ago, i would have waited for it instead.

StevenB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Taycan RWD
Country flag
Interested in what you have because I just checked and my lightly optioned 23 RWD ST come up as ~9k € cheaper than the 25. (18-way heated/cooled, matrix LED, RAS, air, Bose, PTV, 4+1). The increased battery size and charging speed is nice but is it 9k nicer? Maybe but IMO it's certainly not 31k nicer. If you can still get the 22k rebate, I would go for the MY24.
Different pricing and options in different markets I guess. In Belgium the 2024 RWD started at 99K (Euro) and the 2025 starts at 103K. But on the 2024 RWD you needed to pay extra for performance battery plus, air suspension, heat pump, park assist and camera, ambient lighting, electric folding mirrors, lane keep assist, range manager, electric charging ports, matrix led. All of this is +/- 15K in options which are now part of the standard equipment of the 2025 RWD...
Sponsored