Take ‘23 order or wait for MY24?

FrozenBerries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Given we’re going to be coming up on a refresh this year I’m curious what everyone’s thoughts are here if you would take an allocation now/in the upcoming months for A MY23 base CT, or wait to get MY24 information around June.

i think as we near it it makes more sense to wait it out, but wondering what others are thinking.
Sponsored

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
The way I see it is that you can always wait for a newer one, it’s a never ending loop. First it’s start of production - eh I’ll wait till they polish it. Then it’s a polished version - eh I’ll wait for a refresh/facelift, so on and so on. If you want it now - get it now. It is an impeccable vehicle perfect for almost all your everyday needs(apart from bulky luggage).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Given we’re going to be coming up on a refresh this year I’m curious what everyone’s thoughts are here if you would take an allocation now/in the upcoming months for A MY23 base CT, or wait to get MY24 information around June.

i think as we near it it makes more sense to wait it out, but wondering what others are thinking.
I would wait at this point but no guarantee that MY24 will offer much over MY23. If in no rush then push your order to the summer for a Q3 (earliest) delivery. Note that MY24 cars may not hit the roads until much later in the year due to lead times etc.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
This is a dilemma. I have a GTS ST allocation for Feb and was thinking of delaying but too many unknowns on a MY24 and suspect if I wait it would be almost a year before I get a new car so this is a lost year driving a new car. So I'm not going to wait. But if my order gets a few months delay I will consider it.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I considered the same but traditionally, Porsche doesn't change models a lot visually with refreshes. I mean, for a long time I had difficulty identifying a Panamera vs a Taycan in daily traffic (yeah yeah I know, I'm a bit distracted).

What did worry me is the potential price update. It has been 2 or 3% per year in the past but with current conditions, I expect a heavier increase. Heck, I just got an email from Vodafone informing me that their production costs and raw material costs have increased and that they will increase their contract price by 7.8%!
If Porsche goes the same path, that would easily be a 10k increase with nothing in return except maybe narrower headlights and a slightly different butt. I don't know. I just want to drive it as soon as possible.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag

Probability of a meaningful design change for MY24 is 50/50…… probability of a price increase (regardless of design change) is 99.9%. Choose your adventure.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Production 8 out months ? at least? Backlog allocation another 5-8 months?, price, waiting game. v/s in stock car catering for 70-100% of your needs, lower price, drive next week!
I also think the MOPF is always less iconic than the original. It’s tuning / “updating” design to what the competition is doing 2 years later. Always a bit more “boring”

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
The 911 992.1 was introduced in 2018, 1 year prior to the Taycan. Facelift (992.2) still not happened, so the 'normal' 4-year facelift is now 5-year.
Maybe this is a sign Taycan facelift will be delayed as well.
I mean big chance MY'24 will be not facelift model.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Agree with those that say why wait? If not M24, why not MY25 that will have further updates? if you want the car, get it as soon as you have an allocation. Otherwise it's a fallacy of waiting for eternity.

As others point out, expect a price increase. I wonder if there could be two: one in March, another in July?

Reason: because the facelift is coming, along with an economic downturn, and Porsche are masters of pricing. They have so far not increased the price of options, but imagine if that happens.

It's stealthy because the base price would hide that those 5-10 extra options you did want have just added another 10% on top.

They want to maintain used prices, and nothing is better at maintaining used prices than increasing prices at least annually on new cars.

I'm hoping for another allocation in the next 4-6 weeks, at that point I can make a decision where I will know if I'm actually here to collect it or not 😂

Reactions: B61

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Your going to be upset if there’s no “refresh” or barely anything new and you had a car incoming and turned it down.