First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
cpoarchy,

The "Nights and Weekends Free" plan is one of a smorgasbord of pricing plans that many retail electicity providers offer here in Texas. It is usually a teaser rate that is good for a year. Here in Texas, our state legislature some years ago had the "brilliant" idea to deregulate our electrical infrastructure. They created the so-called market idea where generation was separated from distribution and distribution was further sub-divided into wholesale and retail providers. That action spawned a wide range of retail "providers" who essentially buy wholesale commitments of generation and disrtribution at "market" prices and then resell that electricy to consumers.

I can't say that it's a great system, but for now it's all we have. The nice thing about the "Nights and Weekends Free" plans is that essentially from 7P until 6A or 7A every day, and on weekends beginning at 7P on Friday, the electricity you use is "free". Of course it's not really free because the kwH rate is higher than some other plans that have longer term commitments. However, it does provide the consumer an illusory perspective on electricity costs.

Since I am having a second service installed in my garage solely for charging my Taycan, I will sign up for one of those "Nights and weekends Free" plan. Not sure that any "savings" will truly result in a real, true savings for us, but at least I will "feel" better! :like:

Toby

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
cpoarchy,

The "Nights and Weekends Free" plan is one of a smorgasbord of pricing plans that many retail electicity providers offer here in Texas. It is usually a teaser rate that is good for a year. Here in Texas, our state legislature some years ago had the "brilliant" idea to deregulate our electrical infrastructure. They created the so-called market idea where generation was separated from distribution and distribution was further sub-divided into wholesale and retail providers. That action spawned a wide range of retail "providers" who essentially buy wholesale commitments of generation and disrtribution at "market" prices and then resell that electricy to consumers.

I can't say that it's a great system, but for now it's all we have. The nice thing about the "Nights and Weekends Free" plans is that essentially from 7P until 6A or 7A every day, and on weekends beginning at 7P on Friday, the electricity you use is "free". Of course it's not really free because the kwH rate is higher than some other plans that have longer term commitments. However, it does provide the consumer an illusory perspective on electricity costs.

Since I am having a second service installed in my garage solely for charging my Taycan, I will sign up for one of those "Nights and weekends Free" plan. Not sure that any "savings" will truly result in a real, true savings for us, but at least I will "feel" better! :like:

Toby
Interesting, going to check with my state, cool

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car has entered production last week!
Was originally an April delivery, but now late May.
Hopefully no more delays since I am hoping that a production start means that it is well underway.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car has entered production last week!
Was originally an April delivery, but now late May.
Hopefully no more delays since I am hoping that a production start means that it is well underway.
That’s great! My 4S is delayed a month from end of May til end of June and I can’t wait. I hope the timelines stick for all of us

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Anyone on the US or Canada east coast scheduled for April delivery. The cars are on the boat and scheduled to reach Halifax next week. Did you check with your dealer if the car will be delivered early or do we need to wait till April 20th.
Cars are on Columbia Highway boat that is crossing the Atlantic
The Columbia Highway is currently in port at Halifax.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A few more days and your car should be ready. You must be really exited.
Yes super excited especially since Spring is around the corner. I don't care about the range, how it compares to the Tesla, the onboard charging rate, or the mandatory options in the US. I just know it's an awesome step forward for Porsche and driving enthusiasts who like driving their cars.

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
As per your request.
Screenshot_20200225-153707_Email.jpg
So, I don't know if they are getting more efficient or trying to beat Corona-induced second thoughts (or both), but yours took 3 weeks to build. Apparently, mine took 2. Anyone else have a similar update?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, I don't know if they are getting more efficient or trying to beat Corona-induced second thoughts (or both), but yours took 3 weeks to build. Apparently, mine took 2. Anyone else have a similar update?
After going through this whole process with other Porsches in the past, I pay very little attention to everything that happens before the car leaves the bodyshop. There are too many variables, including plant shutdowns for summer vacation. What you will notice is that my dealer inventory date has not changed. This is what I was told shortly after the spec was locked down and has not changed over the last few months. The ship left Halifax yesterday, and is scheduled to be in port in Rhode Island on Friday which is still in line with the expected delivery date. Watching the progress of the order from the body shop, to shipment, to arrival at the dealership builds up the anticipation. Once I get the car, I will totally forget how long it took for everything else that proceeded taking possession of the car and the big smile I will have everytime I jump in the driver's seat.

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag
My time in the body shop ended up one week early,.

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
After going through this whole process with other Porsches in the past, I pay very little attention to everything that happens before the car leaves the bodyshop. There are too many variables, including plant shutdowns for summer vacation. What you will notice is that my dealer inventory date has not changed. This is what I was told shortly after the spec was locked down and has not changed over the last few months. The ship left Halifax yesterday, and is scheduled to be in port in Rhode Island on Friday which is still in line with the expected delivery date. Watching the progress of the order from the body shop, to shipment, to arrival at the dealership builds up the anticipation. Once I get the car, I will totally forget how long it took for everything else that proceeded taking possession of the car and the big smile I will have everytime I jump in the driver's seat.
My delivery date has not changed since it's original change from April to May, even though it shipped several days early, which is odd.

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
My dealer provided an update on my build this past Friday. My 4S is currently in V260 (Vehicle entry to body shop - 28-Feb), with a scheduled completion date (V270 - Vehicle exit production, and V300 - Vehicle completion) this coming Friday 13-Mar.

V331 (Entry port Emden) is scheduled for 13-Mar, and then my car waits for its ship to head to Houston.
V332 (Exit port Emden) is currently targeted for 03-Apr
U002 (Entry port Houston) is currently targeted for 24-Apr
U003 (Exit port Houston) is scheduled for 24-Apr
V900 (Dealer Inventory) is targeted for 1-May.

You can be CERTAIN that I will be on the phone with my dealer "urging" swift movement from Houston to Fort Worth! Now starting to get excited. Time to get my second service installed at home for my "Nights and weekends FREE" electric plan!!

Toby
I just got an update.. who hoo
I am at v331 entry emden port actual 3/5
I am estmated for April 10th pickup
I looked at it wrong, just got on the boat headed to davisville nh, any other 4s on a boat yet?
Once I get the boat name I can track it. :like:

Last edited:

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
"
Once I get the boat name I can track it."

Can you tell me what site you are using to track the vessel? My car should be going to Emden today to await assignment to a vessel. Thanks!!!

And congratulations!

Toby
Sponsored