First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 Cayman, '21 Taycan (ordered)
Country flag
Hello everyone!
My car has sat in port since May waiting on microchips. The estimated delivery has changed from 5/28 to 7/2 and now is 7/16. Yesterday I received an email from Porsche adding my Taycan to my Porsche ID. A VIN was included with the email. With the addition of the car to my Porsche ID the TYD section is now gone. Has anyone else experienced this? I wonder if this is a good sign for my car to be available soon?
Porsche Taycan Taycan Added to Porsche ID AE8546B5-898E-4BA8-8B49-01960FE2E82D
Sponsored

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I too received that email last week, just as my car finally arrived at the dealer. “What the hell”, I thought to myself as I promptly confirmed ownership and added the car and various connected services to my Porsche account even though I've not taken possession of the car. I've been waiting so long for this car, I decided to take some baby steps, anything to speed things along.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Lewis

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I too received that email last week, just as my car finally arrived at the dealer. “What the hell”, I thought to myself as I promptly confirmed ownership and added the car and various connected services to my Porsche account even though I've not taken possession of the car. I've been waiting so long for this car, I decided to take some baby steps, anything to speed things along.
Were you able to take delivery yet? I wonder if this email is sent at random or meant to be sent just prior to delivery.
I hope you love the car!

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Were you able to take delivery yet? I wonder if this email is sent at random or meant to be sent just prior to delivery.
I hope you love the car!
Nope, I haven't yet taken delivery.

The car is sitting in the service department at the dealer awaiting a “critical update”, AMB5 (STOP DELIVERY--REPROGRAMING POWER ELECTRONICS) which evidently addresses the issue of sudden power loss as described by others in this forum. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up the car on Wednesday.

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (June), X7, E-class Wagon
Country flag
I got this same email on 6/24 which is likely when my car arrived at the dealer. Picked up yesterday, my car was apparently one of the first at this dealer to get the AMB5 update. Once you've set up the app, the next step is to login with the ID on the car to make the connection. I haven't been able to do this yet, the option is still greyed out in the PCM, dealer said this won't be available for a few days until it's officially "RDR"'ed in the Porsche backend

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This email and activation is triggered by the service technician during the dealer prep process. Sorry to hear about your extended delays.

OP
OP

Lewis

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This email and activation is triggered by the service technician during the dealer prep process. Sorry to hear about your extended delays.
Thank you, I appreciate the info. I hope to take delivery soon. I plan to check-in with the dealer tomorrow for an update.
Sponsored