Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I am suspicious of the summary I get on mine.
It reads out 3.0 m/kWh but looking at individual trips only 1 or 2 have been that high - 2.2 to 2.6 is more normal so it is impossible for the reported consumption to be an average, maybe a "best case trip".
Maybe it’s more aspirational than historical. 🙃
Sponsored

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
I thought the brakes were supposed to just about outlast the car given regen etc. Unless you're on the track every weekend?
agreed how have you already when through on set of brakes? Also thought brakes were a 8-9k swap when they needed changed.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have driven 31.6K miles in three and a half years. I'm retired and drive the car every day. Two pairs of front all season tires and one set of rear all season tires. No track work.

Last edited:

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
22k miles in 17 months. Daily driver, not so much weekend anymore - unless it’s for family and/or long trips. There were a couple of those (1k+/trip), and many one- or two-stoppers. Love driving it, though I’m torn between it and the 911; the latter gets the nod on Friday and weekends (rain or shine).

Porsche Taycan Taycan average miles driven over 3 years... what's yours average annual mileage? IMG_1788

Still on the original tires, though ~4k were on a winter wheel set.

laua

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, V60, CT4S incoming
Country flag
35xx miles for me. That’s about par for all my cars. For my last car, I drove it for 8 years and had about 30k miles.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
EVs are not for everyone, I have over 40K in under 2 years on my 2022 Taycan 4 CT and have only purchased one set of brakes (1.5K) and just mounted my 3rd set of tires. I am a little more "frugle" than your average Taycan driver and buy my tires from Ebay @ 9/32s, I find my tires with date codes within the last year, 2 max and under $100.00 each. I recently purchased a "like new" set of rear tires for $170.00 delivered. My largest expense to date the $800.00 4-wheel alignment just completed by my dealer. My office management has installed 4 level 2 chargers, 80% of my charging is done at zero costs with the other 20% from my home at a low cost due to our 7,200k solar panel system. I checked and my costs for driving 40K is just under $3,000.00 or $244.00/month without electricity costs.

My driving also supports the use of an EV, I drive to an office 5 days a week that is 20 miles from home, I am in California and am able to utilize the HOV lane to and from work. The weekends are longer drives, mostly under 50 miles in each direction. Not everyone has a lifestyle that supports the use of an EV but for me, it works (until I sell it and take a bath).
So your Taycan needed a full set of brake pads at 40K miles? That sounds unusual no? The design of the braking system was that the brakes are likely to time out (6 years) before they wear out….unless you had some regular track days sprinkled in?

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Taycan average miles driven over 3 years... what's yours average annual mileage? IMG_9314

Here’s the data from our MY 2022 GTS. Took delivery in June 2022 so almost 2 years. My wife primarily dives it in town. Given the lack of a good charging infrastructure in Texas we don’t use it on road trips.

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
N
wow , that would be quite unique.

Are you using CarScanner for that?
o it was a read out from the dealer. I‘m heading back on may 31st and will ask for a new read out. they are putting in my 5th PCM ! Always falls out and passenger display too.

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
wow , that would be quite unique.

Are you using CarScanner for that?
So your Taycan needed a full set of brake pads at 40K miles? That sounds unusual no? The design of the braking system was that the brakes are likely to time out (6 years) before they wear out….unless you had some regular track days sprinkled in?
i only changed tyres.
porsche dealer changed several times my PCM(5), curved display (2),heater(4), dc port (2), passenger display (1), dc converter (2). Al in warranty, i have also extended warranty for 5 years. Good for the next one.

ehi

First Name
Thehi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
20k - 25k miles per year. car is amazing, easy and fun to drive. no intention on slowing down. speed or distance :cool:
Sponsored