Have you had problems with the 12V battery or the electrical systems in your Taycan?

• Total voters

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
This may have been already raised and discussed (sorry if it has, don't want to go through the entire thread!), but has anyone noticed if enabling or disabling the interior monitoring functions makes any difference?

I noticed today that I habitually turn this off when parked in my garage (which is always). And I have never had the 12v battery problem in over a year (car plugged in or not, I tend to access the remote functions regularly, never lock the car, the key fob is within 3 meters of the car).

Only thing I do regularly is not enable the monitoring. Thoughts?

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
This may have been already raised and discussed (sorry if it has, don't want to go through the entire thread!), but has anyone noticed if enabling or disabling the interior monitoring functions makes any difference?

I noticed today that I habitually turn this off when parked in my garage (which is always). And I have never had the 12v battery problem in over a year (car plugged in or not, I tend to access the remote functions regularly, never lock the car, the key fob is within 3 meters of the car).

Only thing I do regularly is not enable the monitoring. Thoughts?
One data point: I sometimes switch Interior Monitoring off in my garage, but I usually leave it on. No 12V issues so far (car delivered mid-October). I religiously avoid using the Porsche Connect app or any timers in the charging profile, though.

caytan

First Name
Zim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 4S
Country flag
I think they have disabled the Porsche Connect connection from the car when car goes to sleep to try to avoid the 12V battery issues. Once my car goes to sleep it cannot be "touched" from the Connect app so you cannot start heating or cooling in the car. The connection is completely severed and I think that they did it to combat the 12V issues. I suspect Porsche Connect app will never work for 2020 models.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have never disabled monitoring or the connect app and never had a 12v issue. I think you’re trying to puzzle this out with 2 data points among two thousand.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I have never disabled monitoring or the connect app and never had a 12v issue. I think you’re trying to puzzle this out with 2 data points among two thousand.
Not really, just another thought about why the computer may not shut down and drain down the battery. It can be very complicated, one of my BMW’s had a problem where if you did not disconnect the Bluetooth from the car before you turned it off the module would remain on by fault and drain the battery. So it can be anything.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Car was totally dead last night. Dealership sent over a tech and he couldn't get the 12V to fire. Had to send a tow truck and they jumped the 12V, which is required to open the front hood to get to jump the actual 12V, they then jumped the 12V and I drove it to the tow truck. OTW to dealer so they can either charge the battery or replace it. Seems that some setting in the charger drains the 12V, genius.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I understand the battery running out of juice, I don't understand why it needs to be completely replaced (vs. just recharged with the right type of charger). Or is it if it goes to 0 it just totally is useless?

I know it is very small consolation, but I appreciate that you have gone through this so that other people can benefit from the experience. I did just get a trickle charger too, so Amazon also appreciates your effort ;)
This is NOT uncommon. It's a known software glitch.....allegedly the HUGE update (was already supposed to happen) will address this issue...along with many others
Sponsored