Sietek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hello All!

I hope that everyone is doing well!

My Taycan Turbo is set to charge to 80% in my charging profile. It has been charging to 80%, without issue, for the 3 weeks that I have owned the car.

But this morning, I found that for some reason, it had charged to 91%. I checked the charging profile in the PCM and it confirmed that it was still set to a Max charge setting of 80%.

Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone have any idea why it would charge beyond the Max charge level setting?

It was pretty cold last night, but my garage never goes below 35 degrees or so.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Respectfully there are about three other threads on this same topic. See similar threads below. SHort answer, yes this has been seen but there is no clear understanding why. Leading theory is a bit extra charge possibly based on current or predicted temperature...

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
This occasionally happens in Tesla land. The cause is the car stops charging overnight at what it thinks is the target SOC. Then as the ambient temperature rises in the morning, the BMS adjusts the estimate of the SOC up.

OP
OP

Sietek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hello Lewis,

Thank you for letting me know and for providing me with the information. Good to know that it is not just my me that is having this issue. I'll search the forum. Best!:like:

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
Hello All!

I hope that everyone is doing well!

My Taycan Turbo is set to charge to 80% in my charging profile. It has been charging to 80%, without issue, for the 3 weeks that I have owned the car.

But this morning, I found that for some reason, it had charged to 91%. I checked the charging profile in the PCM and it confirmed that it was still set to a Max charge setting of 80%.

Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone have any idea why it would charge beyond the Max charge level setting?

It was pretty cold last night, but my garage never goes below 35 degrees or so.

Thanks in advance!
It’s weird this has started happening to me too in last few days

OP
OP

Sietek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It’s weird this has started happening to me too in last few days
I wonder if Porsche did an over air SW update that might be the cause. Do yo know if we get notifications when an over air SW update is sent out (like Tesla does)?
Sponsored