DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi all, when I ordered my Taycan back in March (still waiting) I made the additional impulse purchase of the “Cool Bag”. I just had a note from the dealer that my cool bag order was cancelled and it is now a discontinued item. Does anyone have one and have any feedback as to whether I am missing anything? Just wondering if it is worth searching for one on the secondary market. I had thought it “looked cool” so will be forever left hanging without knowing if it really was… :)
Sponsored

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Oh that’s a shame if true. I’ve also ordered the cool bag, but I haven’t heard anything from my dealer yet.

mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
I had one for my Cayenne and found it to be of very marginal value. Relatively small and doesn't hold too much stuff, mine kept things cool but not cold. Easy to pass up this time

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi all, when I ordered my Taycan back in March (still waiting) I made the additional impulse purchase of the “Cool Bag”. I just had a note from the dealer that my cool bag order was cancelled and it is now a discontinued item. Does anyone have one and have any feedback as to whether I am missing anything? Just wondering if it is worth searching for one on the secondary market. I had thought it “looked cool” so will be forever left hanging without knowing if it really was… :)
It's pretty rubbish IMHO. I have one and don't use it now. A cool bag with ice packs wins hands down.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have one of these. They are no better or worse than any of similar technology, Peltier cooling. And it is not cheap either. They will keep the drinks and food inside at about 10 to 12 degrees C below the surrounding air Temperature. The Porsche bag is designed with a rigid interior so you are a bit limited to squeeze a lot into it. There are others available that are more flexible in use and easier to store when not in use since they are made with softer materials. If needed on long trips they are ok, but for a Sunday Picnic I think just a bag with freezer clamps works just fine.

OP
OP

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Just had an update from the dealer, there is a new version coming out in October. They don’t know the pricing.
Porsche Taycan Taycan Cool Bag 1631848670905

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
i have one. It doesn’t hold very much. You aren’t missing anything.

OP
OP

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Can't you just buy something like this from a third party for much cheaper?
Yes perhaps. Just not sure what works well with the car. I think I’ll just stick to a normal cool box with ice.