JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Range tests from 0-100% SOC are fine but they don't really show how far you can practically go before needing to charge when on a trip.

I had some data that when plotted out might be useful in visualizing the effective range of the Taycan and how much range is left on the table. By effective range I mean charging to 80% where the charging curve drops off and running the battery as low as 5-15%. With some planning the driver has some control over how low to run the battery down.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Effective Range Effective Ran
Sponsored

Tandrup

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Taycan, ‘18 Panamera 4, ‘17 Range Rover
Country flag
Fantastic - I just printed this and put it in my glove box :)

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Very useful! :clap:
Since you have source fiel,,would you please make another chart with temperature in Celsius, distance in km?

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Range tests from 0-100% SOC are fine but they don't really show how far you can practically go before needing to charge when on a trip.

I had some data that when plotted out might be useful in visualizing the effective range of the Taycan and how much range is left on the table. By effective range I mean charging to 80% where the charging curve drops off and running the battery as low as 5-15%. With some planning the driver has some control over how low to run the battery down.

Effective Range.jpeg
Great initiative JimBob! this is very useful - wont be long before a lazy Brit asks for degrees C and Miles..... ;)

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nice chart. Very handy. What is the source of the data - from your car/Porsche specs/published stats?

OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nice chart. Very handy. What is the source of the data - from your car/Porsche specs/published stats?
From my tests. Results are very similar to those from InsideEV but done through a range temperatures.

HKHenry

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1970 Mercedes 280SL, 1979 MG Midget
Country flag
Should we assume range will continue in a downward trend as the temperature goes up?

OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Should we assume range will continue in a downward trend as the temperature goes up?
Yes, but I don't have temperatures high enough here to test it. Unless very cold, primary loss of range is due to requirements for battery heating and cooling and cabin heating and cooling.

MrBeanPT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Thanks! Very helpful. We're talking about 250-300kms or 160-180 miles in mild weather.

Just to know, do yo uhave 20inch aero wheels?