Taycan GT news

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Was listening to the Smoking Tire podcast today, and the host mentioned that he would be in Europe for the "Taycan [muffled sound muffled sound]" and then added "a Taycan worth going to Europe for wink wink" following which the Car and Driver Editor in Chief (who was his guest) said "that's in early March, right?" So I suspect that's the currently embargoed timeline for that news release.
Sponsored

pawel

First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
While I was in the service on the heater exchange, the service man told me that he is excited for the new "Taycan Turbo GT" coming, that has not been revealed. That is all I know :).

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Porsche: We're going to build a Turbo GT.
Me: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means
Porsche Taycan Taycan GT news 1000001856

Botox

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Cayenne TGT, 20 Taycan TurboS, 22 M5c
Country flag
Hopefully it will be as good as the Cayenne turbo GT, phenomenal vehicle. GT vehicles are incredible. I will order one if it what I'm expecting. It will be prelude to the mission X

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
It will be interesting to see the reaction on here once the car is released, hopefully soon. Not sure everyone will like it for practicality though

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Who's gonna spend 250k on a Turbo GT for half a second faster acceleration, less range and massive depreciation? Even though facelift seems new its still a first-gen Taycan with 2 speed gearbox, slow PCM and small interior space.

Botox

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Cayenne TGT, 20 Taycan TurboS, 22 M5c
Country flag
Who's gonna spend 250k on a Turbo GT for half a second faster acceleration, less range and massive depreciation? Even though facelift seems new its still a first-gen Taycan with 2 speed gearbox, slow PCM and small interior space.
I would argue after owning multiple 911 turbo's that the Taycan has much more daily practicality with ability to seat 4, carry a few set of golf clubs, etc. I predict it will be well over 1000 hp and run the quarter in low 9's which will be in league with cars that cost millions. The turbo S already handles well, and after the GT department goes through the chassis and suspension, I bet it will be on another level like what they did with the Cayenne. I sure you can get good range when you need it.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
What if they do a wagon version of it? 😆

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Your thoughts are probably very logical.

Look at the comparison in the 911 range. And think of the GT3RS. Close to impossible to get an allocation, very expensive, not really a road car. But they are selling quite well and more like gold dust.

I am very surprised so little has leaked from spy shots etc. There have been shots of the car around The Ring, but no shot of any parts of the interior??

It is a car that is in a similar time around the Ring than Rimac!

I think the GT (or whatever it will be called) is more a statement from MyPorsche to show their racing heritage and capabilities. And of course they had to compete with Tesla Plaid!

Last edited:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Introducing the GT as the halo variant of the Taycan range might discourage potential Turbo S buyers who are being asked for so much money for what would no longer be the top dog.

Incidentally, I think that the facelift powertrain upgrades and the (presumably trimotor) GT both increase the potential for the next GTS to be RWD.

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Will be interesting to see if the GTS trim makes a reappearance coincident with a GT reveal. Pure speculation, but perhaps the reason for holding that back was to launch the “performance-oriented” variants in parallel.

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
I would argue after owning multiple 911 turbo's that the Taycan has much more daily practicality with ability to seat 4, carry a few set of golf clubs, etc. I predict it will be well over 1000 hp and run the quarter in low 9's which will be in league with cars that cost millions. The turbo S already handles well, and after the GT department goes through the chassis and suspension, I bet it will be on another level like what they did with the Cayenne. I sure you can get good range when you need it.
WRONG. For $500 it can seat 5....

HigherLevel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Porsche Macan S, 2021 Taycan Turbo S (Jan 21)
Country flag
If it can actually perform at the track, I'm interested. I like the daily driving ability it has, but I'd also want to be able to race it at a track. My daily driving has lots of 55mph highways with stoplights, so I'd made good use of 0-60 abilities too.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
While I was in the service on the heater exchange, the service man told me that he is excited for the new "Taycan Turbo GT" coming, that has not been revealed. That is all I know :).
Which dealer?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hope someone will as I’ll be happy to buy a year old used one for half the price 😉
Sponsored