Taycan GTS - to PDCC or not?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I don't know for 992, but in I can see on the screen that it works on daily driving.
Of course, I feel that in every bend... it goes through as being on a railway.
It works even in Range mode.

In short: imo, it worth every € ($, ...)
True worth it, if you like this kind of driving. I prefer to feel the car being active, when taking corners. Have not bought it and would not order it for a new car.
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Did the car with PDCC have a worthwhile smoother ride on the straight bits?
Not what I remember from my TTS track time comparing to my 4S. For some reason, I found the TTS with PDCC artificial, like driving on rails.

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
Thanks so much for your review. Seems like the adjustability afforded by the PDCC Sport would be desirable on the GTS

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
I test drove a 4S CT a week and a half ago, primarily to see how it handled the roads around where I live. They are UK B-roads. Great driving roads with plenty of twisties, bits where a car can be opened up, dodgy cambers to catch you out and places seemingly designed to cause a car to corkscrew. They are also narrow and with patchy surfaces.

The 4S handled them brilliantly. It sealed the "need" to get an order in for me, as I've finally found something that can replace my old B7 RS4.

Talk of chassis options prompted me to ask what options the car I tried had....the answer - none. No PTV, no RAS, no PDCC. I was a little surprised.

I'm starting to think that the roads here might actually benefit additional compliance in the chassis department. Will be really interesting to try a GTS on them...can't wait for the demo car to become available :)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I had the same experience on the roads around here but still ordered torque vectoring rear axle steering and the active anti roll bars.
The suspension settings are perfect on the CT IMO with normal having a super ride and still handling well but with more sporting modes available.
Since I was looking for a good riding quiet car with a good turn of speed the GTS is unlikely to be better for around here (and me) than a CT 4S so I heve kept my order for the CT 4S.

Blue2th

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Turbo 2019 [Black]
Country flag
So to summarise everyones thoughts on here (correct me if I am wrong)

Get PDCC if you have the budget for it or have/feel that you have a high degree of sensitivity to cornering at high speeds or if you are tracking the car?

For the normal driver taking corners at 40-(80km/hr in spirited sessions) - its presence would not be that noticeable because the EVs already have so much weight and a lower Centre of Gravity?

I have a Cayenne Turbo at the moment and the PDCC is amazing for me but that is a higher centre of gravity. I am unsure whether to spec it at the moment so guess will wait for my dealership to get a GTS so I can test drive and see if I need it!

Thank you all, especially @Bognar67 for your input and great reviews - really helping me build my GTS config.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
So to summarise everyones thoughts on here (correct me if I am wrong)

Get PDCC if you have the budget for it or have/feel that you have a high degree of sensitivity to cornering at high speeds or if you are tracking the car?

For the normal driver taking corners at 40-(80km/hr in spirited sessions) - its presence would not be that noticeable because the EVs already have so much weight and a lower Centre of Gravity?

I have a Cayenne Turbo at the moment and the PDCC is amazing for me but that is a higher centre of gravity. I am unsure whether to spec it at the moment so guess will wait for my dealership to get a GTS so I can test drive and see if I need it!

Thank you all, especially @Bognar67 for your input and great reviews - really helping me build my GTS config.
Just a note for tracking.
No GT cars with PDCC (but have RWS).

Reasons:
1. Weight penalty.
2. Taking some sense of drive. Body movement is an important/natural feedback for (track ) drivers. Of course it is minimum compare to road cars but still a factor.
GT cars have been tested with and without, the result is obvious. RWS offered a higher degree advantage than the penalty (weight). PDCC was opposite.

To be correct at the weight level of the Taycan penalty is marginal and it is not a track car. Tires will be eaten up in couple of hard laps.

If you prefer totally flat ride take it, if you prefer slight body roll (and feedback) before tires give up it is not your toy.

GTS have stronger roll bars and suspension tune compared to the full product range, so the role of PDCC is partly taken.

Decision is hugely depends on what kind of drive do you prefer.

But I swear hard to make a difference. Blind test could show up surprises on road tests.

Last edited:

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Just a note for tracking.
No GT cars with PDCC (but have RWS).

Reasons:
1. Weight penalty.
2. Taking the sense of drive. Body movement is an important/natural feedback for (track ) drivers. Of course it is minimum compare to road cars but still a factor.
GT cars have been tested with and without, the result is obvious. RWS offered a higher degree advantage than the penalty (weight). PDCC was opposite.

To be correct at the weight level of the Taycan penalty is marginal and it is not a track car. Tires will be eaten up in couple of hard laps.

As a vehicle (GTS ST) I will only be using on the road, would you consider £2,300 on PDCC a waste of money, or is the driving experience improved enough that such an outlay is worthwhile?

There are plenty of other options available for that kind of money, including PPF once purchased, so working out if it is worthwhile.

Keep in mind I have never driven a Porsche before other than a test drive, and have never driven/owned a sports car either!

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As a vehicle (GTS ST) I will only be using on the road, would you consider £2,300 on PDCC a waste of money, or is the driving experience improved enough that such an outlay is worthwhile?

There are plenty of other options available for that kind of money, including PPF once purchased, so working out if it is worthwhile.

Keep in mind I have never driven a Porsche before other than a test drive, and have never driven/owned a sports car either!
According to my very personal opinion with wide range of experience either on Porsche cars or other brands with or without (P)DCC for this price on a low center of gravity Taycan GTS that has specially tuned suspension and roll bars it is not a must have option.

I am on the edge with it too, but value/price I skipped it. RWS and the standard Torque Vectoring will bring me most of the extra dynamics I expect next to the GTS tune.

The GTS ST I have tested was exceptional without PDCC for my taste.

At the same time I wouldn't say that PDCC is useless, this is a fun stuff for a person who is hunting for this kind of driving experience.

On Cayenne/Macan I would ✅ it first.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
According to my very personal opinion with wide range of experience either on Porsche cars or other brands with or without (P)DCC for this price on a low center of gravity Taycan GTS that has specially tuned suspension and roll bars it is not a must have option.

I am on the edge with it too, but value/price I skipped it. RWS and the standard Torque Vectoring will bring me most of the extra dynamics I expect next to the GTS tune.

The GTS ST I have tested was exceptional without PDCC for my taste.

At the same time I wouldn't say that PDCC is useless, this is a fun stuff for a person who is hunting for this kind of driving experience.

On Cayenne/Macan I would ✅ it first.
Excellent, thank you and this is very helpful.

I will probably drop PDCC then. I'm test driving a GTS sedan in little under two weeks, so hopefully that too might help, along with my Porsche experience day with various Taycan's when I get the invite.

Makes a lot of sense that such tech would be useful for Cayenne/Macan or other cars with a much higher centre of gravity.

I am no where near comparable to you in terms of driving experience, being a track driver, nor owning sports cars, so I almost certainly won't "feel" any benefit where I'm only ever doing road driving. As you mention, it's an option that is easily skippable, especially at such a high cost.

I'll use that money to option the Olea leather and a few cosmetic goodies instead!

Reactions: B61

murphy12345

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
1. PDCC does serve a purpose and the owner should consider it if they're planning to their track car

2. If you don't track your car and you have money to burn, get it - it's your money ?‍♂

3. For 99.9% of all Porsche owners, they will never exploit the full potential of their car so you don't need PDCC - even for spirited driving around town. Most cars will either sit in the garage, used for daily commute to work/grocery store/school drop off and occasional cars/coffee #truth

Last edited:

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
IIRC Lotus developed active roll compensation ages ago (must be 20yrs+) but shelved the idea as feedback wasn't great.... As noted above, people like to feel a degree of roll as it helps feel at one with the car.

I guess if the PDCC can act really quickly and with really fine adjustment then maybe it can allow a bit and dial it out quickly and gradually. Likely easier if the base car is a bit roly poly.

It'll be interesting to try it, but I cannot see me spending money on it. As I've said elsewhere, the bog standard chassis on a 4S CT handled so sweetly, anything else will be small degrees of Improvement I suspect.

RAS has low speed manoeuvrability benefits so that is likely to be handy. The rest, not so much.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
IIRC Lotus developed active roll compensation ages ago (must be 20yrs+) but shelved the idea as feedback wasn't great.... As noted above, people like to feel a degree of roll as it helps feel at one with the car.
which is why Porsche chose not to include it on the GT3 for example. I imagine that with some of the higher-riding cars (Cayenne, Macan), then it might be more beneficial, but with the weight in the Taycan already so low, then much less of an advantage.

hopefully I’ll get the chance to try it at PEC.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
which is why Porsche chose not to include it on the GT3 for example. I imagine that with some of the higher-riding cars (Cayenne, Macan), then it might be more beneficial, but with the weight in the Taycan already so low, then much less of an advantage.

hopefully I’ll get the chance to try it at PEC.
PEC is good, but according to my experience (PEC Hockenheimring E-Warm Up) they will have cars only with PDCC and -maybe- only Turbo S-s.
Can't compare, I am afraid.
Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS - to PDCC or not? Porsche Track Experience_E-Warm-up PEC Hockenheimring_821521_00045
Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS - to PDCC or not? Porsche Track Experience_E-Warm-up PEC Hockenheimring_821521_01378

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS - to PDCC or not? Porsche Track Experience_E-Warm-up PEC Hockenheimring_821521_00677

Last edited: