Taycan GTS - to PDCC or not?

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Would appreciate any thoughts on the 18 way Adaptive Sport Seats versus the 14 way Power Seats. Both are no additional cost on the GTS. Ordering RaceTex (leather-free) interior.

Thanks
Be aware that the optional GTS Race-tex interior is not "leather-free". As I understand it, the main dash, seat inserts etc are all Race-tex but the rest of the seat is leather, and maybe other aspects of the interior too.

Edited to add: I assume you are you referring to the non-GTS specific interior options 'Leather free interior'? If so, please ignore the above!
Sponsored

bihus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a Cherry Metallic Taycan GTS on order for a February build and May '22 delivery from Porsche Dallas. Ordered RWS and Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport) with 21" Spyder wheels. Skipped the glass roof.

The PDCC was highly recommended by my salesman who said it did not make the ride hard on the GTS and the $3600 additional cost seemed acceptable given the rest of the performance designed into this model. As I tend to keep my cars for a long time, didn't want to regret skipping an important performance option. Not planning to track this car but we do have a number of great high speed roads in the Texas countryside and wanted the additional stability.

Would appreciate any thoughts on the 18 way Adaptive Sport Seats versus the 14 way Power Seats. Both are no additional cost on the GTS. Ordering RaceTex (leather-free) interior.

Thanks
Do as W1NGE said, sit on both, and preferably drive cars with both. Even more important, take your significant other with you. I've put my 4S with 18 way seats for sale to then get a GTS, and will have to pass on the GTS interior because you can only have it with the 18-way seats, and my wife loathes them. She complains she can't get support between the shoulders. And yes, the seats are harder than the 14-way comfort seats. But with race-tex they might be softer anyway... Just try them.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Do as W1NGE said, sit on both, and preferably drive cars with both. Even more important, take your significant other with you. I've put my 4S with 18 way seats for sale to then get a GTS, and will have to pass on the GTS interior because you can only have it with the 18-way seats, and my wife loathes them. She complains she can't get support between the shoulders. And yes, the seats are harder than the 14-way comfort seats. But with race-tex they might be softer anyway... Just try them.
18 or 14 way seats are no cost option in most regions for the GTS - yours not the same?

bihus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
18 or 14 way seats are no cost option in most regions for the GTS - yours not the same?
Yes, but I justified the trade as "that way you'll be comfortable, I'll choose the same seats as the loaner we had"... And if you go 14 way, you can't have the GTS interior, just the leather-free (with fabric in the middle).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes, but I justified the trade as "that way you'll be comfortable, I'll choose the same seats as the loaner we had"... And if you go 14 way, you can't have the GTS interior, just the leather-free (with fabric in the middle).
You can get extended leather - just not Race-Tex & Leather - but sounds like you want the Race-Tex so yeah, you're stuck with Plan A.

JPE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I would get it for sure. It gives the car a super car planted feel when in sports plus mode. If you don’t want that feel leave car in normal or range mode and it softens to amazing comfort. Best of both worlds, never had a car with such driving variations and it is my favorite taycan attribute.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I also agree that you should get the PDCC. The way I see it, you really want to get options that are not possible to add after delivery. You can get lots of things after the fact, even if it's expensive. I don't know that you can get PDCC added.

desertdweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
yes....I can tell a big difference
Actually, it is my understanding that in straight driving it is more compliant and only activates with lateral forces
Do it if you plan to track. Otherwise for daily its a stiff ride.
I have it on my 992 Turbo. Rarely use it
Actually, when not active in the corners, I thought it makes the suspension more compliant. It cannot be turned on or off.

Last edited:

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I would get it for sure. It gives the car a super car planted feel when in sports plus mode. If you don’t want that feel leave car in normal or range mode and it softens to amazing comfort. Best of both worlds, never had a car with such driving variations and it is my favorite taycan attribute.
Isn’t that changing the suspension settings, not PDCC?

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
Thanks for your feedback. It is my understanding that the seats are textile in the center and Race-Tex on the side bolsters, across the shoulders and on the headrests. Also wanted the massage seats (great on long trips) with ventilation which option is only available with the 14 way seats. I like the way the 18 way seats feel once you are in them but ingress and egress is more challenging especially for passengers.

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the thoughts on PDCC. Along with Rear wheel steering and Power steering plus, we want to have great handing on country roads although we are unlikely to track the car. Also, only have one chance to spec these items.

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I also agree that you should get the PDCC. The way I see it, you really want to get options that are not possible to add after delivery. You can get lots of things after the fact, even if it's expensive. I don't know that you can get PDCC added.
Totally agree. Handling is a big reason for selecting the Taycan GTS vs. other EV options. Thanks for weighing in.

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No cost difference between the 18 way and 14 way seats. We wanted the massage seats (great on long trips) with ventilation which option is only available with the 14 way seats. I like the way the 18 way seats feel once you are in them but ingress and egress is more challenging especially for passengers.

bihus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for your feedback. It is my understanding that the seats are textile in the center and Race-Tex on the side bolsters, across the shoulders and on the headrests. Also wanted the massage seats (great on long trips) with ventilation which option is only available with the 14 way seats. I like the way the 18 way seats feel once you are in them but ingress and egress is more challenging especially for passengers.
In the GTS case it's all race-tex. But only with the 18-way seats.

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Adrian,
Thanks so much for taking your time to give me a most thorough explanation and your thoughts. There are very few Taycans available a the dealers to drive these days. But will try to see if I can drive both before my February lock-in order date.
Sponsored