4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
And this is why I no longer look at "lists" that appear in my news feed by writers that have no knowledge of their subject matter and are merely putting up words to support the clickbait that will benefit advertisers. F*cked up.

Porsche Taycan Taycan makes the wrong list Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 7.11.04 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
it is forbes., owned by chinese media that is not known for impartiality. agree with Arch...no need to give them oxygen.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Came across a similar article, different source, listing Taycan as least reliable. Among reasons listed included, “starting issues when too hot or too cold, rough idle, stalling, and emissions failures.” Some fine journalism these days. Lol!

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Who cares? I know I don’t buy my cars from reading lists or car magazines or from watching YouTubers.

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
this is the first I hear about "uneven breaking"; does anybody have more details? In my experience, my CT4 despite having standard steel brakes holds up just fine coming down a tall mountain with some repeated acceleration/braking, and from 220km/h to 100km/h in matter of seconds on the autobahn more than once and always with immense stability, using what I judge to be c. 80% of braking power.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
The Internet is just 99% utter 5hite nowadays.
Anyone can post anything with almost impunity.

Monetised Click bait and political interests etc add to the mix.

Previously, our primary sources of information (TV, Radio, newspapers, magazines) generally toed the line and were at least broadly honest. Nowadays, anything goes.

And swathes of people are unable (or uninterested) to sort fact from fiction.

ismelllikepoop

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 T
Country flag
this is the first I hear about "uneven breaking"; does anybody have more details? In my experience, my CT4 despite having standard steel brakes holds up just fine coming down a tall mountain with some repeated acceleration/braking, and from 220km/h to 100km/h in matter of seconds on the autobahn more than once and always with immense stability, using what I judge to be c. 80% of braking power.
when I drive my wife's CT4, the travel progression of the brakes takes some getting used to. I don't think there's issues with power but the feel is different to me. definitely accentuated since I drive it maybe once a month

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
"what it lacks is affordability" - shit, does Porsche know about this??
Sponsored