First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy a Taycan 4S soon. I probably will pick something from US inventory so that I don't need to wait for a long time to get my car. Just want to hear your opinion on the options:

Must have:
White/Black/Grey/Silver/Dark blue exterior
Full leather black or black/beige or black/chalk or black/red interior
20” wheels
Premium package
Performance battery plus
Sport chrono (In my Audis, I really liked to just pull the lever and the car is in beast mode, so I think the little wheel on the driving wheel has the same effect on a 4S?)
ACC
Power folding mirror

Nice to have:
Sport sound
Heated GT steering wheel
Window trim in black

Everybody is saying RAS is awesome, but I don't push my car hard in daily driving, do I really need it? I test drove a 4S without it and felt OK.

Do I need any charing related options?

Thank you very much!
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Must have:
20” wheels
Premium package
Performance battery plus
Sport chrono (In my Audis, I really liked to just pull the lever and the car is in beast mode, so I think the little wheel on the driving wheel has the same effect on a 4S?)
ACC
Power folding mirror

Yes for 20" wheels, bigger battery and sport chrono. I also highly recommend air suspension and onboard DC charging option. Red interior is my favorite!
Porsche Taycan Taycan options IMG_3051

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Everybody is saying RAS is awesome, but I don't push my car hard in daily driving, do I really need it?
It makes the car more nimble at low speed in city traffic. It won't do very much at high speed although it apparently makes the car more stable.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
It makes the car more nimble at low speed in city traffic.
And parking lots. The car actually maneuvers so well in parking lots that it's messed me up. I expect to have to make all these hard turns to get in and out of tight spaces, but it's actually so easy that I keep overcooking it and having to do it again.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy a Taycan 4S soon. I probably will pick something from US inventory so that I don't need to wait for a long time to get my car. Just want to hear your opinion on the options:

Must have:
20” wheels
Premium package
Performance battery plus
ACC
Power folding mirror

Nice to have:
Sport sound
Heated GT steering wheel
Window trim in black

Everybody is saying RAS is awesome, but I don't push my car hard in daily driving, do I really need it? I test drove a 4S without it and felt OK.

Thank you very much!
Get the sound - safety feature obviously ;-) Gentian Blue is ? (I’m biased). Don’t understand the point of the chrono? There is a button on the dash to stick it in sports mode (that I rarely use as it’s so quick in any mode)!

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I concur on your must haves.

The Sports Sound is part of the Premium Package, so you don't have to check that box. Frankly, I think the car sounds amazing without employing the Sports Sound and I sure wouldn't pay an extra $500 for the option if it wasn't already part of the Premium Package.

As for your other points, how much freeway driving do you anticipate? How many road trips? If you think you're going to do either of those things I would definitely recommend the 150W charging option and the Porsche Intelligent Range Manager. Both are dirt cheap and well worth it.

Finally, to me, the Noise and Inulated Glass option is a must have. Not only is it extremely effective at reducing noise, it will increase your range because it significantly reduces external heat transmission into the interior of the car, thereby reducing the workload of the AC and thusly increasing range.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Finally, to me, the Noise and Inulated Glass option is a must have. Not only is it extremely effective at reducing noise, it will increase your range because it significantly reduces external heat transmission into the interior of the car, thereby reducing the workload of the AC and thusly increasing range.
Insulated glass is standard (even on RWD) and I find road noise extremely minimal with Michelin tires. I have a loaner now with Conti all-seasons and that car IS noisier inside than my RWD.

For less than the cost of the thermal upgrade just tint the windows with ceramic film. Privacy, looks and heat rejection.
Sponsored