First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
hello everyone!
Buying our first car together after being married for 8 years and her giving me 4 beautiful kids. Just wanted to make sure her push present had all the correct options. Anything we should add or get rid of? Thanks y’all
Porsche Taycan My Taycan order options - thoughts? E0786276-CA32-40D7-8DEC-FFFAF6A559DB
Sponsored

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
  • I've heard remote parkassist isn't very good, so would kill that. Plus, the times when it'd be useful would be where you parked close enough where others probably can't get out. Or door dings
  • I assume your kids are full grown? Just as a heads up, the middle seat in a sedan isn't very usable from a headroom perspective. Can be useful in a pinch but wouldn't want to put someone there long term
  • I think many feel the passenger display is also a bit of a gimmick - your passenger can easily access the center screen which displays exactly the same info (and more).
  • Thermal noise glass is another one where some people really like it, but many others feel they can't tell a huge difference. Also some complaints about blocked cell signal
  • You can probably save money by doing the standard white over the metallic white - they're pretty similar and not sure if I could tell the difference unless up really close
  • I'd consider getting the big battery. But this depends on your usage - if you do anticipate making road trips it's worth it. Also it does increase the HP of the car and acceleration (Porsche doesn't advertise this anymore, but it is faster in the 1/4 mile, and I bet 0-60). Plus it'll make the car easier to resell. I don't think you'll get your full money back on the extra battery (you never do for any option), but it's probably one that retains a higher %, and some buyers may not buy a car with a small battery
  • I personally think ACC is important. Should be standard TBH, but given you're also bay area based, would be really helpful for stop and go traffic which we have here
If you take your build, remove remote parkassist, the passenger display, thermal glass, and metallic paint, it'll just about balance out to add the big battery. Especially if you remove the painted mirrors, which are nice but essential IMO.

For your same price of $105k, I'd do something like this instead (also removed air suspension and added ACC)

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPQEVCJ2

Last edited:

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
A lot of this is personal preference but I do believe performance battery plus is a must (and some would also say air suspension is a must which you already have). It’s an electric car and the more range the better plain and simple. That aside, I’d skip the insulating glass since the Taycan is plenty quiet as is and would also skip the rear 2+1 since most any owner or reviewer will tell you the middle seat is very impractical. I might replace the aforementioned 2 with a heads up display. My 2 cents. Overall build looks good though and as a fellow RWD owner it’s an amazing vehicle.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Nice choices! FYI not many people spend $660 to have their exterior mirrors painted in the car's color. I did. All of the suggestions you've gotten from others are very good. To that I would urge getting the window trim painted in high gloss black (you'll see why below). It was $400 and option QJ4 on my Carrara White 2022 RWD.

Once you take delivery, consider getting ...
-- window tint on the rear and side windows with darkness in accordance with state law (I used to live in San Ramon and summer days can be hot even though it's 55 degrees every night). I think the default chrome window trim looks awkward with tinted windows.
-- paint protection film (PPF) on the entire front and exterior mirrors to protect against minor nicks and chips (some folks get PPF everywhere)
-- ceramic coating on the entire car after the PPF has been applied (it adds a lot of shine, repels water, and makes cleaning bug splat and bird poop much easier)
... or perhaps the dealer can install these before you take delivery? Check out prices in your area and compare them to the dealer quote. If you go with the dealer like I did, you may have to wait an additional week to pick up your car. It was worth it for me as I just kept driving my trade-in vehicle.
A link to my build appears below 👇 if you're interested.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
hello everyone!
Buying our first car together after being married for 8 years and her giving me 4 beautiful kids. Just wanted to make sure her push present had all the correct options. Anything we should add or get rid of? Thanks y’all
E0786276-CA32-40D7-8DEC-FFFAF6A559DB.jpeg
I’m in favor of the thermally & noise insulated glass. It makes the car much cooler and quieter in my opinion. The kWh Performance Plus battery is a must. Also, consider getting the On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger for faster DC charging.

As others have said, don’t get the 2+1 rear seats, or the passenger display.

If you’re thinking about Carrera White then I’d like to recommend Ice Gray. I’ve had both and I like the Ice Gray better.

i’m also in favor of ceramic coating with or without the PPF, ACC & Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSC), and Mission-E wheels. If budget is tight then focus on ACC and PSC.

Last edited:

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
FYI to OP, I think the RWD gets non-gloss black trim as standard, vs the 4S which gets the chrome. Gloss looks nicer for sure, but not as big a difference.

My in-progress RWD shows the non-gloss black trim
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/📸-how-to-find-your-taycan-production-photo-from-assembly-line.10340/page-9#post-182621
Good to know about a feature that changed from last year, thanks. After my SA suggested it (in January 2022), I remember seeing the trim color change from chrome to black on the MY22 RWD configurator.

ruartur

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla X
Country flag
hello everyone!
E0786276-CA32-40D7-8DEC-FFFAF6A559DB.jpeg
Here is what I would do:
Drop thermal windows, colored mirrors, electric sound, passenger display, Carrara white metallic and pasm.

Add performance battery plus and bigger wheels. Add base white color.

My reasoning is as follows: to me there are some core options that are must have: that includes the bigger battery. The wheels are a personal preference and not a must, but they are more expensive to get later.

I know pasm is a popular option on this forum. I have standard suspension and it is amazing. I never drove a Taycan with pasm but to me standard suspension is perfect and way better than Tesla model X I had.

The base white is a nice color and it pops in the sunshine. Electric sound and second screen are options you should get after you already included must have options.

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
I would ditch the remote park assist for sure and add the Battery +

If you want additionnal comfort for parking, RWS is better

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan CT 4S, '24 BMW XM, '23 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
Dropping the 2+1 seat means you get a 60/40 folding rear seat split instead of 40/20/40, which is handy. It is the entire reason I have the 2+1 on my build. If it is hot where you live, keep the thermal/acoustic glass, it makes an enormous difference to cabin heat, have it on my Cayenne in ATX and it was a must have on my Taycan order.

OP
OP

stnguyen86

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
We’re in the tri valley so it’s def hotter out here. Will keep glass. A rep at Porsche said battery wasn’t worth it cuz it’s thousands of dollars for 30-50 mi of range. We don’t plan on using the car for long drives

OP
OP

stnguyen86

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
A lot of this is personal preference but I do believe performance battery plus is a must (and some would also say air suspension is a must which you already have). It’s an electric car and the more range the better plain and simple. That aside, I’d skip the insulating glass since the Taycan is plenty quiet as is and would also skip the rear 2+1 since most any owner or reviewer will tell you the middle seat is very impractical. I might replace the aforementioned 2 with a heads up display. My 2 cents. Overall build looks good though and as a fellow RWD owner it’s an amazing vehicle.
Was getting windows for cooling and outside noise. I have 4 little kids so if we’re ever in a pinch she can take them all. Does it mess up the seating of the others at all?

OP
OP

stnguyen86

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Nice choices! FYI not many people spend $660 to have their exterior mirrors painted in the car's color. I did. All of the suggestions you've gotten from others are very good. To that I would urge getting the window trim painted in high gloss black (you'll see why below). It was $400 and option QJ4 on my Carrara White 2022 RWD.

Once you take delivery, consider getting ...
-- window tint on the rear and side windows with darkness in accordance with state law (I used to live in San Ramon and summer days can be hot even though it's 55 degrees every night). I think the default chrome window trim looks awkward with tinted windows.
-- paint protection film (PPF) on the entire front and exterior mirrors to protect against minor nicks and chips (some folks get PPF everywhere)
-- ceramic coating on the entire car after the PPF has been applied (it adds a lot of shine, repels water, and makes cleaning bug splat and bird poop much easier)
... or perhaps the dealer can install these before you take delivery? Check out prices in your area and compare them to the dealer quote. If you go with the dealer like I did, you may have to wait an additional week to pick up your car. It was worth it for me as I just kept driving my trade-in vehicle.
A link to my build appears below 👇 if you're interested.
standard trim is black I believe, chrome for 4s. Def going w full front ppf, wasn’t sure about ceramic but we’ll see. U have somewhere in San Ramon u recommend? Or u did urs in AZ?

OP
OP

stnguyen86

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
i’m also in favor of ceramic coating with or without the PPF, ACC & Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSC), and Mission-E wheels. If budget is tight then focus on ACC and PSC.
Can’t I just get my brakes painted after?
Sponsored