Peterw

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo -soon
Country flag
Hi Peter, I have experienced the same issue with the blank PCM-screens (reset) whilst driving. But for my total of 2.000 KM driving it has only happened 2-3 times. Still very annoying.

Mentioned it to my Porsche service center when I was there for other repairs, and they said it was a know issue they were working on fixing with an update. Not sure if this is correct, maybe someone else in here knows more about this error?
Hi , quick update, My Taycan back from OPC, they had test adn actually see the blank screens, so involved leaving car on for +1.50 hours, ( seems to be time rather than mileage related ) once they confirmed that had seen my fault, repair organised very quickly. New PCM , delivered and installed in a couple of days , now all i need to do is find an excuse for a 1.5+ hour drive to test ,

fingers crossed

Peter in Yorkshire
Sponsored

Peterw

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo -soon
Country flag
Excuse to spend 1.5 hours driving a Taycan? How about because there's a road...
Agree entirely - but in teh UK at the moment we are all under COVID lockdown, not supposed to leave yoru home other than for essential work , etc .. and you can be fined - its for a good reason we need to ensure limited contact until we can bring this pandemic under control, ---
BUt travel for work is acceptable, if necessary, so opportunities may present themselves

but this is a car / Taycan forum, so lets not dwell on that too much

and today we have 2-3 inches of snow here so testing time for winter tyes and 4wd 2.2 tonne ~taycan , vs my normal Range rover

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Agree entirely - but in teh UK at the moment we are all under COVID lockdown, not supposed to leave yoru home other than for essential work , etc .. and you can be fined - its for a good reason we need to ensure limited contact until we can bring this pandemic under control, ---
BUt travel for work is acceptable, if necessary, so opportunities may present themselves

but this is a car / Taycan forum, so lets not dwell on that too much

and today we have 2-3 inches of snow here so testing time for winter tyes and 4wd 2.2 tonne ~taycan , vs my normal Range rover
I've basically been completely at home since mid-March. Its certainly not helping reduce my volume of forums posts... ;)

I am absolutely NOT trying to make an argument against lockdowns, but Its unfortunate as "going out for a drive" can be a very safe (and isolated) thing to do. Not so much stuff we can do any more which can actually be as safe as "going for a drive" (if done carefully).

I did go on a 1400 mile road trip back in mid Sept. I didn't suffer any moral guilt (no formal lockdown) as my end stop (turn around) was with two of my relatives who had also been fully doing their part. I went 700 miles each way, including 12 total charging stops, and never came anywhere near anyone else (other than my two relatives). (May I say that many of these charging stations need some sort of a rest room? I'm tired of hiding behind the bushes to take a leak...) My "bubble" (besides my wife) was effectively 700 miles away.

Anyway, the point is, we CAN quite easily go for a drive (lockdowns notwithstanding) and be just as "safe" as we are at home I think!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Anyway, the point is, we CAN quite easily go for a drive (lockdowns notwithstanding) and be just as "safe" as we are at home I think!
True, but what I hear UK situation is very bad. All he might be able to do is driving in a circle not more than 10 miles from home...

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
True, but what I hear UK situation is very bad. All he might be able to do is driving in a circle not more than 10 miles from home...
(Lockdown restrictions aside) You can safely drive in a circle a million miles in diameter if you don't have to physically come in contact with anyone...

My wife and I try to go out for a drive every weekend. We usually restrict our total mileage so a charging stop is not required. Even so, its quite easy to hop out of the car for a charge and not have anyone within 50 yards...

Going for a drive gets us out of the house, a chance to enjoy a sunny day, see other people and whats going on around our area, listen to music. It can be a very safe and healthy change of venue in times like these. ...and EV's are particularly suited for this as you can charge up at home, take a 2 or 3 hour drive, and never stop anywhere for anything!

I know its bad in the UK. I'm sorry for that. But we also have PLENTY of issues here in the USA, not the least of which is being #1 in the World in Covid cases... Our infection rate (cases/1M pop) is more than 150% of that in the UK. I NEED to get out and about (safely).

...but going for a drive can be PERFECTLY SAFE and enjoyable. Lets leave it at that...

Last edited:

Mert

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan turbo
Country flag
I waited over 18 months for my Taycan. I ordered it in Florida ( Champion Porsche) to be picked up at Atlanta for the Porsche experience. Unfortunately, due to Covid ... I had to accept delivery in NY. Accordingly, I never had a formal walk thru of the vehicle. After several weeks of futzing with the software.... I realized certain segments of the electronics just didn't work properly.
I brought it to the local Dealers attention (Gold Coast Porsche).....

Am I confusing you so far?

My car has been at the dealership for a week now with electronic issues that can’t be determined. My PCM module has been changed out and the car still cannot communicate with Bluetooth and the Porsche Server....

Mechanically, the car works well... as a Porsche should. The electronics are the issue.. it makes makes me wish for simpler days of my very intuitive Tesla S.

I have been disappointed with correspondence from the dealership ... and am frustrated with leasing an expensive Headache while driving an entry level Macan.

This is the response from the service manager after repeated calls to him..
“Working with engineering at Porsche technical possible software change. PCM was replaced but a couple functions aren’t working. They are working directly with my shop foreman “

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Sorry, I can only commiserate. Isn’t it crazy to spend this kind of money on a car that runs great but the overdone,ridiculous and illogical electrical issues are keeping a fine mechanical machine off the road..? Wishing you good luck.
Sponsored